Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh according to @Don Jesus himself...

"Popularity, Albums, Impact, Longetivity, Charisma"

Papoose and Skyzoo > Capone N Noreaga :unimpressed:

and there are 70+ mcs greater than Erick Sermon...based on Lyricism, Popularity, Albums, Impact, Longetivity, Charisma

the albums list wasn't even that bad, this is already a shyt show

There's an entire legion of weirdos who missed the genuine article music in real time and legit worship skyzoo's snoozefest coverband albums. It's shocking. I'd pay skyzoo $100 to not rap at a party. And give that square a bottle of tequila on the way out if he promised to not linger outside.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
There's an entire legion of weirdos who missed the genuine article music in real time and legit worship skyzoo's snoozefest coverband albums. It's shocking. I'd pay skyzoo $100 to not rap at a party. And give that square a bottle of tequila on the way out if he promised to not linger outside.

FACTS!!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And its not even a secret......Curren$y and Wiz were the only 1s open about it....after everyone knew he was never coming home all the biggest names if rapped finally paid homage. and its not like it was no secret unless you deaf.
how do you fell about his prison tapes? i dont like them as much as the classics, but it was decent quality for being locked up. plus he seemed to mature in there, i doubt he will ever caught up again in the streets. i know he didnt kill the man back than, but i can picture him setting it up.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
"Popularity, Albums, Impact, Longetivity, Charisma"

Half a mil > masta ace and Erick Sermon and CNN huh :unimpressed:

And lyricism. Which half blows all of those dudes out the water with. Enough to outrank them. Yea CNN got war report but that’s mostly TRAGEDY’s vision. And he is very high on the list

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Then make your own list and stop bytching

That’s all you old nikkas do is bytch

If only yall were this adamant about ownership of the actual business of the culture itself it wouldn’t be owned by Jews

Respect the differed opinion or move on

It’s one thing to disagree but you’re literally bytching as if the people I will have ahead of them is Lil Yachty and Cardi B

Calm your p*ssy
Bruh, you said "old nikka babble" and then complained about the age divide in the exact same breath...:skip: Look at yourself, just being overly defensive

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Bruh, you said "old nikka babble" and then complained about the age divide in the exact same breath...:skip: Look at yourself, just being overly defensive

You’re trying too hard

The age divide is old nikkas thinking hip hop stopped being good in 2005 and disregarding everything that came after which goes along the old nikka babble rhetoric

Learn how to read

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
And lyricism. Which half blows all of those dudes out the water with. Enough to outrank them. Yea CNN got war report but that’s mostly TRAGEDY’s vision. And he is very high on the list
And half a mil has a zero rating in the other categories. If it is an NCAA rating

Lyricism - 80
Albums - 13
Impact - 9 (would be a zero if not for "some nikkaz")
Longevity - 0
Charisma - 1

Note:

Lyricism - 51
Albums - 66
Impact - 88
Longevity - 78
Creativity - 90

Make it make sense breh. It's even worse if I do that with Erick Sermon. Unless you weighed lyricism significantly higher in which case masta ace lower than him makes NO sense.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's also funny seeing people bringing up the lyrical miracle critiques to justify lower placements...yet then using that same logic to justify fukking PAPOOSE over Nore. Papoose never did shyt but become a meme for his corny overly technical bars while Nore had a unique style and a RUN

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
And half a mil has a zero rating in the other categories. If it is an NCAA rating

Lyricism - 80
Albums - 13
Impact - 9 (would be a zero if not for "some nikkaz")
Longevity - 0
Charisma - 1

Note:

Lyricism - 51
Albums - 66
Impact - 88
Longevity - 78
Creativity - 90

Make it make sense breh. It's even worse if I do that with Erick Sermon. Unless you weighed lyricism significantly higher in which case masta ace lower than him makes NO sense.
Lyrics are significantly a stronger metric with my criteria. Basically it’s a best lyricist list, but if the other criteria’s are strong enough it’ll put a average lyricist over a way better lyricist. half A mill was crazy lyrical, charismatic, and very creativity (enlightenment raps mixed with gangsta shyt diff then the way pac and prodigy did it). So he got the edge.

Those other guys you named def have albums, impact, and longetivity over Half tho. They just aren’t better than him lyrically

You can’t win with these type of lists though if I put Masta Ace above Half, there’s nikkas who was in High School in 1999 that would say half was way better than ace bc ace was a “backpacker” and was “old school” by that point (even tho ace had an independent resurgence in 2002).

So I accept all the criticisms bc it most stems from age divide opinions. NYC hip hop community is very divided

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
It's also funny seeing people bringing up the lyrical miracle critiques to justify lower placements...yet then using that same logic to justify fukking PAPOOSE over Nore. Papoose never did shyt but become a meme for his corny overly technical bars while Nore had a unique style and a RUN

Pap became a joke but don’t let that disregard he was a legit problem at one point. He just unfortunately came out in an era where people cared more about swag than lyrics. If he comes out in 1995 he’s one of the GOATs