Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
just close this thread and keep the list to your platform on IG only. between the people in here complaining who arent actually from NY, and the others who are bitter old heads who cant assess and acknowledge impact on any type of NY music past 2000, the non stop bickering isnt worth it being open & pinned lol.
Cant even imagine what some of these “My opinion is fact” posters are like in real life.
:russ:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
just close this thread and keep the list to your platform on IG only. between the people in here complaining who arent actually from NY, and the others who are bitter old heads who cant assess and acknowledge impact on any type of NY music past 2000, the non stop bickering isnt worth it being open & pinned lol.

Yeah..take yall ball and go home

Dude got nyggas high with no albums.. never did a tour.. or 1 album that really a blip on the radar.. mixtape nyggas who the avg nygga cant name one song they had.

I will say he hasnt put anyone thats egregious to a New York list..but yall will literally call albums classic for years but low ball the nyggas that made the album for somebody like Max B..

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Influential to whooooooo?

Yall just some Dip fans who hopped on this nygga.

To the 2007 onwards generation, I mean the guy literally made terms popular(wave)

Everyone from Wiz to Drake to French has taken from Max B if this was 2011 and you were trying to argue against his influence on raps forums you would be laughed off, but it’s 2024 and the guys been in jail for 15 years so we get posters who never rocked with comparing him to Tony Yayo.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
To the 2007 onwards generation, I mean the guy literally made terms popular(wave)

Everyone from Wiz to Drake to French has taken from Max B if this was 2011 and you were trying to argue against his influence on raps forums you would be laughed off, but it’s 2024 and the guys been in jail for 15 years so we get posters who never rocked with comparing him to Tony Yayo.

I asked yall nyggas what is his classic? And nyggas throw up some random mixtape song.. get the fuhk outtahere

Whats his wave? His clothes? His slang? Like wtf yall talking bout..

This so called wave by Harlem belongs to Mase and Cam.... the rest of them nyggas will forever be followers behind them. So dont give me wave as his claim to fame. Whats the fuhking songs?

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
bullshyt breh A boogie is the highest selling male NYC rapper of his generation and has sons in the game the man has been massively successful

Success is part of the criteria and if you want to knock him for skills nah fukk that what he does take skills weaving in and out of voices and flows, singing, and rapping, coming up with hooks and the right catchy shyt, on paper his shyt is no worse than the basic shyt some golden age rappers were spitting and he’s doing melodies while rapping it :russell:

If anything he should be higher random lyrical mixtape rapper didn’t have the city in the palm of his hand like Boogie did when he came out :russell:
Respectfully I just view A Boogie as more of an singer than a rapper.

But to each their own. You defended your opinion. Respect.

I am an A Boogie fan as well I just don’t view him as that.

Last edited:

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
I asked yall nyggas what is his classic? And nyggas throw up some random mixtape song.. get the fuhk outtahere

This so called wave by Harlem belongs to Mase and Cam.... the rest of them nyggas will forever be followers behind them. So dont give me wave as his claim to fame. Whats the fuhking songs?
Million Dollar Baby 2

Slang terms like wavy

Nike boots, rockstar jeans, west coast influence in his beats

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Million Dollar Baby 2

Slang terms like wavy

Nike boots, rockstar jeans, west coast influence in his beats

Rapper who would sing a lot of his hooks, that shyt is popular now but how popular was it in 08 post Ja Rule+50 Cent, Max b would have whole songs where he’s trying to croon in a funny but serious way and it wasn’t no pop songs.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
He's the only one rapping on the track, lol. That's a classic!

Dude was one of the nicest in the city from '91-'96. You couldn't go to Harlem and not hear "Fat Pockets", "Party Groove" or "Soul Clap". AG is a certified legend. Lyrically, he was no joke back then. I used to be in Patterson Projects with him, GD's and the other OG's and he would be out there freestyling saying some of the illest sh*t.

Come on, bro! You aint f*ck with none of these joints?!?

:ohlawd:

Its a cool song; but you're seeing it thru rose tinted lenses.

He's not nice bro.

There are way better Shooters trying out rap better than AG.

I support any crew giving the muscle a look tho; I'm just saying ya'll giving breh way 2 much credit.

I get it tho cause yall on cormega dikk 2 for the same reasons.

Give me Mel Murder all day over AG.

at least Mel murda can write a choesive verse and got some feeling too it. Not some throw your hands in the air wave em like u just dont care bullshyt or whatever the fukk AG was doing.

At least Mel could write a song with an actual theme.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Breh you gotta be 50+ or moved away decades ago to say this nonsense.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Its a cool song; but you're seeing it thru rose tinted lenses.

He's not nice bro.

There are way better Shooters trying out rap better than AG.

I support any crew giving the muscle a look tho; I'm just saying ya'll giving breh way 2 much credit.

I get it tho cause yall on cormega dikk 2 for the same reasons.

Give me Mel Murder all day over AG.

Naaaaah.

I was there in real time when both first dropped.

And I ain't never heard a Bigga project or track that could match what Runaway Slave or Goodfellas did. It's not even close. And I was around Max B when we would be in Lincoln for the tournaments back in the day. The same dude I told you did the JR Writer tapes, used to engineer for Max too. So he was around a lot. And I have a lot of love for bro, and I'm always partial to anybody from around my way or Harlem, but he ain't on AG's level, lol.