McDonald's makes a sample monthly budget to see how its employees survive on its pay

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys not realizing that this is a problem with the country instead of individuals is disturbing. Theoretically all full time jobs should provide a livable wage for people.

These categories "first jobs", "teen jobs", or temp jobs are quickly being faded away. In almost any job I run into these days the average age of employees vary from teens to people that are almost retiring.

Its funny that for the self proclaimed greatest country in the world it cant even ensure a living wage for its full time working citizens. Minimum wage should be 20 dollars or more. I know people will say.. well how will mickey d's make billions in profit every year...... maybe they shouldn't....

Who says they are entitled to those profit margins... maybe they can innovate to offset the cost or maybe they strategically open their stores only in high volume areas cause where there is demand someone will supply. And you know what else..small mom and pop businesses will fill in the gaps where huge corporations feel its not worth their investment cause profit margins are too thin and there is nothing wrong with that.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You guys not realizing that this is a problem with the country instead of individuals is disturbing. Theoretically all full time jobs should provide a livable wage for people.

These categories "first jobs", "teen jobs", or temp jobs are quickly being faded away. In almost any job I run into these days the average age of employees vary from teens to people that are almost retiring.

I'm one of the few that feel that the whole college for everyone movement was a HUGE mistake in this country. At least a mistake in how it's currently handled

I'm going to start a new thread in higher learning because of this thread.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Another thing is the person that is working in McDonald's at 28 years old in 2013 would have been a welder or someshyt at that age 30 years ago at a plant.

There was time where people with same education requirements could provide for a family of four and receive a retirement from their company with the same education as the current fast food workers

Technology eliminated more jobs than it replaced, cost of living sky rocketed and Corporate greed has run rampant on society.

JayRu594

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I just read that budget all over again and I think that's straight bullshît

So you have to choose between cable or cell phone? Wtf

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm :dead: McDonald's did this to justify their pay, yet assumption one is that you're working two full time minimum wage jobs :heh:

Second assumption being its just you, throw a kid in there and you're dead

No one should be working 60+ hrs a week that's not white collar and pulling down 6+ figures.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's called business.. Every company does it.. Little man struggles, big boys get golf exotic cars vacations yatchs and fancy planes. Basically big bonuses come out when they find out how to cut costs and increase revenue.. Unfortunately the biggest cost is labor, so the average worker is looked as a replaceable "number" while CEO gets an average of 300x more pay than worker and stakeholders smile when they see a large profit per year and instead of spreading hundreds of millions across the workforce in company bonuses the top tier 9 or 10 executives get hundreds of millions in bonuses. Also guess who determines the annual bonus amounts for the year? These top 9 or 10 guys, also I am not sure if some of you are old enough to remember, but companies use to give "little Christmas bonuses" and parties, gone are these bonuses and most companies don't even throw a holiday party anymore because that would cut into "their budget". The whole system is f*cked up, and it's not that the economy is bad, things have turned around but they use it as an excuse to pay less hire better talent for less since jobs are scarce and people just need a check while they are doing record profits, don't believe me look at companies earning reports like gas, oil, and even car companies..

It's modern day oppression

I have a neighbor who's a UPS Driver.He was telling how back in the day(he's been there for 18 years) UPS used to hit them off with a Christmas bonus check.

But then they took away the Christmas bonus and replaced it with a Turkey(But they don't get the Turkey until AFTER Thanksgiving:wtf:)

And now he tells me, they don't even give out the Turkey's anymore:eat::sadbron:.

On top of that, UPS is trying to get their employees to pay for their own benefits now......even though they've made record profits the last 2 years:snoop: Disgusting

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a neighbor who's a UPS Driver.He was telling how back in the day(he's been there for 18 years) UPS used to hit them off with a Christmas bonus check.

But then they took away the Christmas bonus and replaced it with a Turkey(But they don't get the Turkey until AFTER Thanksgiving:wtf:)

And now he tells me, they don't even give out the Turkey's anymore:eat::sadbron:.

On top of that, UPS is trying to get their employees to pay for their own benefits now......even though they've made record profits the last 2 years:snoop: Disgusting

:mindblown:see this is exactly the bs i am talking about.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Chart is bullshyt...

I know its a sign of the times, but only the most down on their luck mothafukka should be working at McD's at 29 or if they have a family.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

I can attest that this is true...UPS has some real fukked up disparities in the way they pay their people. I used to work there.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
brehs, my first job out of college was working in the admin office for an owner of 8+ mcdonalds restaurants.

he'd allow the employees to have one free drink per shift. no food.

he'd axe managers that worked employees more than full time hours.

he wouldn't pay for my health insurance even though i worked 40 hours a week with 4 days off per year.

as soon as the maintenance men hit $15 an hour they became targets for termination.

it was all about reducing labor costs so he could buy more and more mcdonalds. so basically it was all about him and his evil empire.

Republicans need to grow up
Typo? :troll2:

@88m3

Last edited by a moderator:

JayRu594

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
No type of profit sharing or anything? While they're raking in millions if dollars a day?

These motherfûckers should be ashamed of themselves. And this shît should be illegal.

I already don't eat chinese food.. but now you can add fast food to the list.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
150 car payment lol

650 rent lol

options below

89 tercel/20k down on car
section 8 housing/efficiency/rented room/move to sticks