Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
:manny:

He is saying what got him into office, there were other picks, people wanted the moderate pro-police pick.

Also, I'm surprised this needs to be said here, the BLM messaging was primarily directed at top-down responsibility. Obviously we want to reduce the crime rates, but with those sworn into office, those that have the ability to dish out lethal force at their discretion, they should be held significantly more accountable than they are today. I understand the issue with the BLM grifters though, but Adams is attacking the message "BLM" not the organization, and he is doing so to secure what got him there in the first place in a rather tight victory.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
black women have an entire movement going on bringing attention to black female murders... they take it very seriously.

but when black male deaths or black children deaths come up - everyone is like "shut up c00n"

If a black man dies or a black child dies - nobody is supposed to ride for them?

I'm not understanding the energy in the thread. Why is everyone upset?

Facts…. This how you know the thread is mostly filled with suckas…. It takes time, energy, and most important of all, sacrifice to affect change in the community to curb violence….. Most of these dudes don’t live around nikkas or in the community to begin with, and if they did, they’re not built to lead anything or anybody

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, innocent people should rely on the police officers and politicians they’re paying with their tax dollars dollars to actually do their fukking job instead of finger wagging.

So you're deflecting because the system was created to destroy black life. So you'd rather rely on the enemy to save us versus having a conversation abiut what each black person in their community can do to stop the violence.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It was intended to both diminish the calls for police accountability and to push the narrative that we're indifferent to intraracial violence. It's horseshyt from a man who believes stop-and-frisk still has merit.
I didn't interpret his words that way but I don't follow NY politics so if you see it differently I won't argue. Assuming it wasn't a dog whistle what he said is perfectly valid. I don't know why the discussion of black crime needs to be handled with white gloves. This is where hyper liberalism loses me. We can't even begin to deconstruct this stuff without folks getting defensive.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
BLM is buying mansions out here ao why are they off the hook when they get confronted with some uncomfortable shyt? :stopitslime: I tend to agree not so much on the police part, but with the rise pf all this so called pride in "lineage" and the acronyms, etc.

Them b*stards got all the smoke over movie roles and bullshyt like ain't real outside :mjwtf: the news could be talking literally talking about some murder in their own city and they're typing up something about "tethers" or how Pan Africanism is evil-- that's wtf I can't stand :camby: