Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Combatting black on black violence requires a different solution than police brutality. It requires a combination deep systemic change and acknowledging that we as a people have some serious cultural issues.

A few years ago I probably would have cursed Eric Adams for saying this. However, after looking at all the faces of black men, women, and children that are murdered DAILY in this country its time to admit we do have some serious social issues.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If ppl marched will the gang lawmakers change the laws or something?

If black lives matter and thousands protested against gangs. Lawmakers would use that support to create a new crime bill that will be used to lock up more young black men.

If black citizens rallied against black on black crime. Lawmakers would use that as a greenlight to bring out new measures like stop and frisk. That they would use to discriminate against black people who arent criminals. That also will create more unneccessary interactions with cops that will get us shot for no reason.

Bet he wouldnt even be willing to deputize black lives matter. But wants black people to go in the hood and protest towards gangs? I guess since were black we have no reason to be scared of gangs. He needs to direct this question at the parents of these minors. And if they dont have good answers,then maybe you consider penalizing them for the childrens actions

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Combatting black on black violence requires a different solution than police brutality. It requires a combination deep systemic change and acknowledging that we as a people have some serious cultural issues.

A few years ago I probably would have cursed Eric Adams for saying this. However, after looking at all the faces of black men, women, and children that are murdered DAILY in this country its time to admit we do have some serious social issues.
Correct. That issue is white supremacy and racism.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
after looking at all the faces of black men, women, and children that are murdered DAILY in this country its time to admit we do have some serious social issues.

The children hit me the hardest.

I'm numb to the black male deaths unfortunately & the women are usually involved with questionable characters like boyfriends with several felonies.

but when you see stories like "4 year old girl shot in the chest"

come on man.......:mjcry:

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
To a certain extent, he's not wrong tho.

A rather large portion of the locker room has subliminally admitted numerous times to not fukin' with the movement anyway so why trip over his comment :stopitslime:?

Shyt some of y'all say the same shyt (and more) in other threads concerning the issue.
He is wrong. He’s the mayor. What resources has he dedicated towards stopping crime. Last time I checked lip service doesn’t solve anything.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone here get more specific about their issues with his comments here?

I think the issue is at its surface BLM was formed to bring awareness to black people dying from the hands of cops, hence the creation of Blue Lives and All Lives.

From what I know it wasn't about bringing awareness to civilians killing civilians and thats where the ALM crowd lost me because if all lives mattered they would be out there protesting for everyone that dies unjustly at the hands of the police.

I get what the mayor is saying but its misdirected imo. We can't properly police our own communities so thats why police are needed. Its just unfortunate when innocent people die from those that are supposed to serve and protect