Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Can anyone here get more specific about their issues with his comments here?
Black lives matter movement( which i dont rock with) has its own agenda, you don't need to c00n and shyt on another movement to say black folks should hold their own community accountable . Thats my take.

This is like asking where the #MeToo movement is after two random women get in a fight somewhere.

"i thought yall were all about saving women:troll:...why yall gettin mad at men, when women are doing it to each other?:troll:"
exactly

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Demanding police officers and politicians to do their job is deflecting? :mjlol:

Black people cant do anything to stop the violence because we didn’t create it nor do we have the necessary resources to remedy the problem. Eric adams has the power to do that but will he put his money where his big mouth is? No he won’t.

Im done breh. You have the last word because I don't associate with defeated mindsets. So let my c00n a$$ get out your way. :pachaha:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't interpret his words that way but I don't follow NY politics so if you see it differently I won't argue. Assuming it wasn't a dog whistle what he said is perfectly valid. I don't know why the discussion of black crime needs to be handled with white gloves. This is where hyper liberalism loses me. We can't even begin to deconstruct this stuff without folks getting defensive.
That's the thing though, it is a dog whistle. He's not trying to deconstruct this stuff. He just wants to let loose with a bunch of abusive police practices.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Only Black people have to personally claim responsibility for every mass murderer and gang member in our communities, the only race where a government official will victim blame working people publicly. I'm young and black, I'm not in a gang, no one I know is in a gang but fukk us right? Apparently I have to round up a civilian police force or I'm just as responsible for organized crime in my city.

Can anyone here get more specific about their issues with his comments here?

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
What constitutes accountability in your opinion? I feel like if black people get arrested more than anybody for the same crimes. So if anything we are held more accountible than anybody else in the entire country.
I agree, but I'll say this we do have an issue in our community where we praise the bottom tier rather that be entertainment or in the streets.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Are those who echo sentiment similar to his supportive of the reparative measures that are key to combating the scourge of violence in the black community? Greater school funding? Job training and placement? Quality housing?

I’m curious about what solutions they have in mind.

:francis:
So why can't we acknowledge larger systemic issues along with some of the cultural shyt at play? Of course better education funding would help. But I can't imagine how depressing it's gotta be to believe black people have no agency in the type of lives we lead. It's weird to see yall make these fatalistic threads about race relations day in and day out but then expect that same oppressor to redress every inequality through policy. :hula:. Make up your minds.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You’re talking about what happens AFTER. And you are correct. But I think he’s asking why these killings happening so much in the first place and the same energy to combat it as when a racist cop does it is not there.

Anybody who says our community attempts to hold our own as accountable as we do the police is a fukkin liar. That’s not a black thing, every “group” has a problem holding their own accountable. Every race, cops, the Catholic Church, politicians…everybody has this problem.
The killings happen because of racist 20th century policies and agendas. Eric adams knows that. The question is why isn’t he proposing policy to remedy the problem instead of parroting white supremacist talking points he heard from his former race solider gang members?

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
If i say the reason kids in ny walking around with guns is because amerikkka didnt ban guns like some other countries the mayor would tell me im tripping and the reason kids in ny got guns is because of blm.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You’re talking about what happens AFTER. And you are correct. But I think he’s asking why these killings happening so much in the first place and the same energy to combat it as when a racist cop does it is not there.

Anybody who says our community attempts to hold our own as accountable as we do the police is a fukkin liar. That’s not a black thing, every “group” has a problem holding their own accountable. Every race, cops, the Catholic Church, politicians…everybody has this problem.
Comparing street crime/criminals to police/police abuse is silly, because only one is an official entity.

What does it even mean to hold "our own" accountable here wrt crime? What preventive measures should everyday folks take to prevent being victimized by people inside our communities?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

That’s why I said BOTH are important but NOT the same