Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can anyone here get more specific about their issues with his comments here?
I always took the Black Lives Matter as foremost highlighting the wide gap in how black lives are treated(more aggressively) vs other races when police are involved

Having a Mayor who is also an ex cop say what he said comes off as :hubie: we’ve done all we can not our fault violence is still happening

By his logic where is the All Lives Matter crowd?

For the record I firmly believe we as a community gotta do a better job policing ourselves because the justice system as currently constructed is not for us

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
black women have an entire movement going on bringing attention to black female murders... they take it very seriously.

but when black male deaths or black children deaths come up - everyone is like "shut up c00n"

If a black man dies or a black child dies - nobody is supposed to ride for them?

I'm not understanding the energy in the thread. Why is everyone upset?
I see no one even touched on this post :sas2:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
It’s the uncomfortable question that we’re never wanting to answer.

Black people need to be more accountable for the violence in our own community.

Edit* BLM is more for police and white supremacy. But shouldn’t be mutually exclusive for inter-racial violence.
Why in the fukk should law abiding Black folk be "held accountable" for a strangers failed parenting and demonic ass kid? fukk outta here.
Law abiding Black ppl should continue to be law abiding. No other community is held collectively responsible for their criminal elements and i am beyond fukking sick of Black society playing this game.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
As I mentioned in a thread when he was running for Mayor, this is same man that championed for Akai Gurley killer Peter Leong not to do any prison time when he was BK Borough President

Are you sure you're not confusing Adams with the late Kenneth Thompson?

In February, Liang was found guilty of manslaughter — a crime that could send him to jail for 15 years.
However, last month, Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson recommended to the judge sentencing Liang that the former officer not be put behind bars.

Instead, Thompson recommended five years of probation, six months of home arrest and 500 hours of community service for Liang

I remember this story, though I wasn't following Adams at the time. The D.A. got the conviction and then turned around and surprisingly recommended the bullshyt sentence.

I think you're confusing the two men.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
There's 18 pages after the person you quoted

Talking about Black on Black Crime in response to police brutality and excessive force is like telling someone to keep the windows shut during a snowstorm in order to keep the heat in and them responding "Yeah well you should keep the lights off, you're wasting electricity!!"

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Probably gonna get begged for this but there’s a lot of truth in his statement. It’s more convenient to look at it as c00n-talk though :yeshrug: