Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

killacal

Banned
Daps
That's because it is. BLM are social activist, not law enforcement. They hold police accountable because they have legitimate, legal authority to kill, and oftentimes face no consequences when they do so.

To make it simple: Ray Ray shoots and kills a little girl. He gets arrested or becomes a fugitive of the law. He is ostracized from normal black society. The only people supporting him are other POS criminals and gang members. In that situation, who does BLM protest? They go to the jail and protest once Ray Ray is arrested, or go to his hood and protest? I don't think the latter will turn out well when dealing with POS who just killed a little girl and has nothing to lose.

Now, cop kills unarmed black man under suspicious circumstances. Cop gets paid leave, qualified immunity, no charges filed, and can continue to live his best life as if nothing happened...that is until there are protests that put pressure on police departments and DA offices to take action. Me personally, I hold police officers to a higher standard than POS gang members.

Side bar. It's always the black community that must be held responsible because of what one black person did. Why do I, living in Virginia, have to feel personally responsible for what some POS gang member in Chicago did? Is it the black communities fault for what the NY subway shooter did? Should we be protesting him outside of his jail cell? White person commits a hideous murder, he's a bad INDIVIDUAL. But a black person commits a hideous murder, BLACKS HAVE TO DO BETTER.

Now I do 100% agree that all of this starts at home, and people need to raise their kids better.
They know this breh... them cops don't get held accountable and murderers do

They just want to be able to keep dropping bodies that look like us and not be held accountable... The American way

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
A dude literally mashed his feces into a woman's face and was out the next day. That's not considered violent to you? There's been several instances in NYC this year alone where people who commit violent crimes are ROR'd. Do you live in NYC?

Phuk Adams though.
No, you're right. And at least as far as NYC is concerned, I'm wrong. It's violent. I don't live there. Still, it does not lend credit to the claims that reforms are what's causing the spike.

2020 Uptick in Homicides Doesn’t Mean Criminal Justice Reforms Aren’t Working

Did these reforms cause the spike in violent crimes? While that may seem like an easy conclusion, it is highly unlikely.

First, it’s important to recognize that the rise in homicide rates in 2020 was a national phenomenon, not specific to states or cities that adopted significant criminal legal reforms.

Second, what the new data really reveals is that a complex blend of factors likely led to the increase, among them significant social and economic disruptions driven by the pandemic.

Last year’s rise in homicides – many of which involved firearms – also coincided with a dramatic increase in both gun usage and sales, a direct byproduct of the widespread social unrest experienced across the country. Indeed, between March and June 2020, 3 million more firearms were sold on average compared with past years.

More than three-quarters of the way through 2021, the picture is becoming even more complex. Preliminary data on this year’s crime trends suggests changes that can’t be easily squared with any narrative. In some cities, the numbers haven’t significantly changed. In others, homicide numbers saw huge increases last year but are already dropping significantly this year. Ultimately, the drivers behind last year’s homicide increase may permanently defy simple explanation.

The new data calls for thoughtful examination and tangible, evidence-based solutions. But even before all the data is collected and fully examined, certain things are clear from what has been released already: It would be wrong and harmful to the country to blame the spike in homicides on commonsense criminal justice reforms.

After all, these reforms were largely informed by data – data that demonstrated that these types of reforms make communities safer. Rolling them back under false pretenses is the height of bad-faith governance and could lead to increases in unnecessary incarceration, economic hardship and ultimately undermine the communities we seek to keep safe.

Arguments that blame smart criminal justice reforms for these unusual trends are fearmongering, plain and simple. And fearmongering isn’t smart policy. Going back to ballooning prison and jail populations isn’t a solution. Doubling down on a failed system that uses incarceration as a first resort when other interventions will be more effective and less costly is simply wrong. To build a just system with enduring public safety requires following the road to reforms, not retreating to old paths.

When it comes to creating effective public safety strategies, using accurate and accessible data is a necessity. But it’s equally important to walk away with well-reasoned and productive conclusions.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who says he is right must not realize that he said this in response to a question about why the cops didn’t catch the dude who shot up the Subway and he had to turn himself on. He deflected on that and started talking about black on black crime and you guys think he had a point :deadrose:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
A Black politician calling out Black people :ohhh:......it's like I've never seen this before :stopitslime:

Wake me up when he takes shots at whites and white Jews.:sas2:
Wakeup!

And in my pinion, the comments in this thread aren't calling out Black people. It's along the lines of the comment in the video above, and aimed at the same people you mentioned, the whites who back and fund organizations. He's been taking shots at them all along. Their public faux concern about the life and death of Black people.
During the manhunt for the subway shooter, he criticized the social media platforms (owned by same groups of whites) for NOT flagging the man's videos, and NOT alerting law enforcement.
NYPD could have at least opened an investigation and monitored him prior to the incident.

Last edited:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I wonder what nikkas who agree with adams are doing to stop this other than bytching about another group not doing what they wasn't created to do? BLM has been here doing them for almost a decade, Why haven't they taken a page from the starters of blm and create their own group that tackles black on black crime?

Why haven't the nikkas in ny who agree wtih adams organized a local police force like the jews have?

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Why do we have to go in front of white people and say this shyt!!!!!that’s the only problem ..it’s not what’s being said, it’s when this shyt is being said, it also comes down to who saying it, a former cop :mjlol:nobody in our community will never take him serious, nothing wrong with the message but damn sure not from him, a cop turned politician, nawwwww he doing this shyt for clout and for votes
You sound dumb with this statement.