Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
Tough on crime is just a coded way to say lock up black people. People never think about white people when crime is brought up. People will be happy to discuss “black crime” and “black on black crime” is a common phrase but you never hear anything about white crime or white on white crime even though almost seventy percent of crime is by white people.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Lets fess up, they never should've called it Black Lives Matter and it only be about police brutality and killings. The movement should've had a different name so there's less confusing and shyt talking every time there's a black death
The problem was never the name or slogan
The problem was when all the Real ones who where the inventors of the movement
Suspiciously died and the weirdos took over
This fakkit ass mayor is being obtuse and playing to his lobbyist and constituents
He knows he’s on borrowed time and they getting this nikka up out of here quickly
So it’s the same Bill Cosby rhetoric
IYKYK
Guaranteed by the end of the summer
Something will come out big on brody
And he will be backsliding and smiling with that shyt eating grin to get black people back on his side

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I have to say I'am :mindblown: to see Black TLR posters who alot of are Both Siders :cape: for Back Democrat who pushing for tough crime tougher on Black People :mjpls: who stan :smugbiden: who alot of Both Siders love point out his:mjpls: political history's it really is :mindblown:
NYC Mayor Eric Adams brags he's the 'Biden of Brooklyn,' POTUS' favorite mayor
Adams boasted that he had a connection with the president, going so far as to call himself the "Biden of Brooklyn."

"This is a great city, and I’m the Biden of Brooklyn. And I love the fact that the president is coming here. I met with him after the campaign, and we spoke, and we just connected, you know," Adams said.

"And I’m sure if you were to ask him, ‘What is his favorite mayor?’ he’d clearly tell you, ‘It’s Eric," he added.

Joe Biden Pushed Ronald Reagan to Ramp Up Incarceration
Throughout Reagan’s first two years in office, Biden frequently criticized him for shortchanging the war on crime and drugs. In June 1981, Biden spoke before a House committee hearing on budget cuts to drug enforcement. “I, personally, am getting tired of rhetoric about the war on violent crime and the war on drugs. … These types of budget cuts certainly would seem to contradict a serious effort to develop a federal drug strategy,” he said. “My patience for action in the drug arena by this administration is beginning to waiver. Just as I criticized the Carter administration for a lack of innovative ideas in this area I will criticize this administration if promises and rhetoric are not soon replaced by results,” he continued.

AP_081027016484-1568655202.jpg

Then Sen. Joseph Biden, right, and Sen. Strom Thurmond, left, in 1987.
In September 1982, Biden gave a nationally broadcast Democratic response to the president’s weekly radio address. He accused Reagan of “unnecessary budget cuts” to crime funding. “Violent crime is as real a threat to our national security as any foreign threat,” he said. “We have a military budget of $253 billion in 1983, and yet in 1983, we’ll spend less than $3 billion a year to fight crime.” He then called on the federal government to support “state and local police agencies by training their people and giving them more money.”

The Biden-Thurmond bill increased penalties for drugs, including expanding civil asset forfeiture; created a sentencing commission; and eradicated parole at the federal level. It sought to limit access to bail — a provision denounced by the ACLU for “revers[ing] the presumption of innocence.” After the bill passed by huge majorities in the Senate and House (with the parole and bail provisions removed by the House), a question lingered: Would the president, who had in recent months agreed to pursue crime legislation largely in line with the Biden-Thurmond bill, sign it? Reagan had a major sticking point: He opposed Biden’s desired “drug czar” position. Despite a lobbying blitz from Biden and Thurmond, which Biden memorialized in his eulogy for the South Carolina senator, and despite Biden’s support of Reagan’s tax cuts and slashing of social welfare spending, Reagan vetoed the Biden-Thurmond bill, even while advisers fretted about undermining the president’s tough on crime credentials.

Biden, who was the ranking Democrat on the committee from 1981 to 1987, and then chaired it until 1995, continued on this trajectory: shaping many of the laws that would in a sense recreate LEAA and institutionalize a federal drug war. A number of the priorities from the 1982 Biden-Thurmond bill would eventually become law. Biden shaped the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984, which curtailed access to bail; eliminated parole; created a sentencing commission; expanded civil asset forfeiture; and increased funding for states. Biden helped lead the push for the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986, which lengthened sentences for many offenses, created the infamous 100:1 crack versus cocaine sentencing disparity, and provided new funds for the escalating drug war. Eventually, with his co-sponsorship of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, his long-sought-after drug czar position was created. These and other laws lengthened sentences at the federal level and contributed to an explosion of federal imprisonment — from 24,000 people locked up in 1980 to almost 216,000 in 2013. In short, these laws increased the likelihood that more people would end up in cages and for longer.

In 1989, Biden criticized President George Bush’s anti-drug efforts as “not tough enough, bold enough or imaginative enough. The president says he wants to wage a war on drugs, but if that’s true, what we need is another D-Day, not another Vietnam, not a limited war, fought on the cheap.” Then, in 1994, he pushed through the massive crime bill, which authorized more than $30 billion of spending, largely devoted to expanding state prisons and local police forces. He bragged of his accomplishments in a 1994 report: The “first [national] drug strategy sought a total of $350 million in federal aid to state and local law enforcement, with states matching the federal assistance dollar for dollar. The first drug strategy I offered—in January 1990—called for more than $1 billion in aid to state and local law enforcement—a controversial view at the time.”

As Biden pushed Republicans to spend more on policing and prisons, he was part of a wave of “New Democrats” pushing the party in evermore punitive directions. Now, with upward of one in every two families having suffered the harms of mass incarceration, Biden says he worries that “too many people are incarcerated.”

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
Why does somebody else have to do something? If you’re a parent of a teenager, and they are not in school, hanging out late with the wrong crowd, fukkin with guns, then YOU need to do something.

Some people believe it takes a village to raise a child. Kids dont listen to they parents and would likely listen to “somebody else” more. Having two parents aint enough to guarantee a kid wont fukk with drugs which is the main cause of violence among black people.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does somebody else have to do something? If you’re a parent of a teenager, and they are not in school, hanging out late with the wrong crowd, fukkin with guns, then YOU need to do something.
Because it takes a village. Lil Timmy could be the best child in your presence and a demon outside of your sight. Lil Timmy know he can't keep drugs and guns at his house but Lil Rob can. Ms. Mary know you strict as hell, she lie to you about her parenting so you can allow Lil Tim to come over her house after school. Meanwhile Ms. Mary don't give a fucck, she sitting up getting high with the kids, letting them bag up at her kitchen table or congregate in her basement.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can anyone here get more specific about their issues with his comments here?
There are several issues with the comment:

1. It fails to address the issues NY already has with rampant inequality.

2. It fails to even remotely acknowledge any groups on the ground floor actively pushing for anti-violence in the streets.
His intention isn't to amplify their voices, it's to finger wag at grown adults and admonish them for not snapping their fingers and fixing the world.

3. "BLM" has become a stand in for "Black Activism" in general. It's like saying "Where are all Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson ???" whenever
someone black does something terrible, it's something employed quite often by white supremacists.

Again, this isn't about solving issue at hand, it's about handwaving a complex problem and looking a certain way politically.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He's a clown. He's in a position of power. Create programs, hold all of those record companies in NY accountable for signing Youngboys and Bobby S. Everything he could be doing, he ain't because no one with money cares but "they care about Black on Black crime right...". Stop catering to white supremacy.

Yeah he not about to do that shyt...:sas2: he know he ain't getting no campaign contributions if he ever spoke up against white dudes with money...

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I give no fcks about that movement since day one. Don't lump me in with none of that shyt.

Couldve fooled me since you guys use the same talking points.
You right but he could’ve said what he said without bringing up BLM. When that came out , automatically got the side eye
This is the main point im trying to make. It's not bringing up black on black crime, that's turns people off, it's when yall use the topic to shyt on those who speak out on racism. If you guys would just focus on speaking about crime in the community ALONE, the accusations of being a c00n would slow down/stop.

It's like those who wants to bring awareness to testicular cancer getting mad at people who bring attention to breast cancer for not talking about them. Cancer is bad in general, but there are differences between the two.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
The problem was never the name or slogan
The problem was when all the Real ones who where the inventors of the movement
Suspiciously died and the weirdos took over
This fakkit ass mayor is being obtuse and playing to his lobbyist and constituents
He knows he’s on borrowed time and they getting this nikka up out of here quickly
So it’s the same Bill Cosby rhetoric
IYKYK
Guaranteed by the end of the summer
Something will come out big on brody
And he will be backsliding and smiling with that shyt eating grin to get black people back on his side

Black People in NY is on his side! :gucci:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
If he's going to focus on violence and not just use Black people as a scapegoat, he needs to address the white criminals raping and robbing women in some of the rich areas of the city.

Crime doesn't have a face. You know what, let me take that back...

Meth heads, domestic terrorists- I mean mass shooters, child molesters - White people come to mind

Sexually abusing own daughter - Hispanics come to mind

Killed over clothing, gang violence - Black people come to mind

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:mjlol: "Some of y'all nikkas are inherently violent and can't be saved" not this rhetoric again.

First part of the OP post is the mayor talking about Black children dying.

Fact that smilies and jokes appear in this thread shows just how detached some are to Black people getting killed, despite rhetoric and hashtags that suggest otherwise.
Dudes really shuck and jive 24/7.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
If he's going to focus on violence and not just use Black people as a scapegoat, he needs to address the white criminals raping and robbing women in some of the rich areas of the city.

Crime doesn't have a face. You know what, let me take that back...

Meth heads, domestic terrorists- I mean mass shooters, child molesters - White people come to mind

Sexually abusing own daughter - Hispanics come to mind

Killed over clothing, gang violence - Black people come to mind
:gucci: