Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
There are several answers to the 'how do we hold our own accountable" question, but the one he is obviously getting at is THE PARENTS. That's why he said "why are 16, 17, and 18 year olds running around in the streets with guns at 1am?". We gotta start there. Too many parents in our community are letting their kids do whatever the fukk they want to do. Wanna hang out in the streets all hours of the night? Go ahead. Wanna drop out of school? Go right ahead. Many of the issues we have is from incompetent parenting. Too many parents wanna be their kids friends or they simply don't give a fukk.

Put pressure on the local government to address things like schooling and employment. Same way we do when a racist cop murders one of us.

We all have to know that subpar parenting is a key problem. Yes after 400 years of oppression and demonic treatment by a capitalist society, we are at a disadvantage. Black people are at a socio-econmic disadvantage as soon as they fall out the womb. But we need to stop doing sh!t that exacerbates the problem. Raise your fukkin kids. I don't know about you, but education was not an option in my household growing up. Drop out of school? I might as well have smacked my parents in the face. It would have been the same result. Hang out all hours of the night all the time? Yeah fukkin right.

Correcting this starts at home. And protests are not limited to incidents of police murdering our people. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will happily do it for you. Then it's prison or casket.

If the parents say ban guns (probably the only thing that would really work) people would fight against that. You can be mad at kids for having guns but it is inevitable with gun culture being what it is in this country.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
What does holding accountable look like? Saying negative things about ourselves even more than we already do publicly on social media?
Focused outrage is accountability. We see a white man knock a drink out of a black man’s hand in Wendy’s we’ve gotten him fired by the end of the day. Can we target some of these cats out here we seeing on videos robbing old women and such? Make it hot for him and his family?

We forget in our own history this is what the Panthers used to do in our neighborhoods. They made it so hot for thieves and heron pushers that it wasn’t even worth it in some areas of Oaktown.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I understand the point Eric is trying to make

unfortunately the specific Black Lives Matter organization got exposed for basically only caring about Black LGBTQ lives
:francis:

bad analogy on his part, even though nobody wants to see Black people killing eachother

Daps
Focused outrage is accountability. We see a white man knock a drink out of a black man’s hand in Wendy’s we’ve gotten him fired by the end of the day. Can we target some of these cats out here we seeing on videos robbing old women and such? Make it hot for him and his family?

I mean, we can safely assume the black men doing those things aren’t gainfully employed.

Daps
On one hand he’s a weirdo for the pro gay shyt putting billboards up in Florida. I was like fukk him on that. But I agree with him here. Liberals think government can cure everything else. But when it comes to us shooting each other suddenly they are quiet about it. Why is it the community wants to be quiet about Murder? We should be pissed off about the level of death in the hoods across America but black death is acceptable. Anytime anyone tries to help our attack the problem he gets called a c00n. Liberals don’t want the violence to stop, it hurts their agenda if it does. they don’t want us getting out of of poverty. They love our dysfunctional ways. Eric Adams is right.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
None of this answered the question.

“Holding parents accountable” is not a tangible thing. Again, are we supposed to go protest parenting?

people are already fighting for things like economic advancement and better schooling.

The problem is people like you and the mayor don’t actually help to put progressive measures in place. You just complain that nikkas are dangerous and elect people who also aren’t gonna do anything but wag their winger like this guy.

what progressive measures?

The way the economy is right now, companies are hiring people with felonies in positions that they may have been blocked from interviewing for pre pandemic.

The homicides and violent crimes are being committed by the hardcore criminal element. The ones that social programs, job training, economic opportunity will NOT affect.
Some dudes who are generally in the streets dont want to be there, and have taken advantage of chances to better themselves.

That extreme element is out there being who they are, who they will always be. People who act like that element doesn't exist and after-school programs or summer youth jobs would change them are LYING to themselves.

exactly

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
On one hand he’s a weirdo for the pro gay shyt putting billboards up in Florida. I was like fukk him on that. But I agree with him here. Liberals think government can cure everything else. But when it comes to us shooting each other suddenly they are quiet about it. Why is it the community wants to be quiet about Murder? We should be pissed off about the level of death in the hoods across America but black death is acceptable. Anytime anyone tries to help our attack the problem he gets called a c00n. Liberals don’t want the violence to stop, it hurts their agenda if it does. they don’t want us getting out of of poverty. They love our dysfunctional ways. Eric Adams is right.

You talking about liberals but violent crime is highest in places where republikkkans are in control.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
In my opinion to cut down on violence really the only thing you can do is help the kids as much as possible and make sure the opportunity is there, I know it sounds good to say hold black people accountable but what do y’all expect regular people to do
Improving education is key, it’s going to take a while to reverse the negative effects of slavery, Jim Crow, and war on drugs

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Also, him doing this speech sound like some pr shyt
Actions speak louder than words

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's right.

Time to call a spade a spade imo, we too old for this bullshyt.

We gotta stop killing eachother mang.
He's a clown. He's in a position of power. Create programs, hold all of those record companies in NY accountable for signing Youngboys and Bobby S. Everything he could be doing, he ain't because no one with money cares but "they care about Black on Black crime right...". Stop catering to white supremacy.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Because Black men dying are usually murdered by other Black men, and that shyt is great according to our most popular music. We've made it cool to kill Black men and be dismissive of each other's lives. Black women haven't, that's why they are starting to discuss their murder rates, but in a deceitful way which is why you will never see them discuss child abuse and how it leads to violence later in life.

I'm getting tired of the constant whining from grown ass Black men that want to maintain this ignorant culture of death that has taken over with gangster rap. Our energy is better served fixing the community and seeing each other as worthy of life than "protesting" government sanctioned killings. We can't be out here telling the world to kill nikkas cause it's cool, then turn around and ask them to care for our lives :yeshrug:
Y’all have to stop making these goofy generalizations

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a clown. He's in a position of power. Create programs, hold all of those record companies in NY accountable for signing Youngboys and Bobby S. Everything he could be doing, he ain't because no one with money cares but "they care about Black on Black crime right...". Stop catering to white supremacy.
Stop blamimg the record labels. You don't blame the banks for giving somebody a $1000 credit card and uses it to buy guns and designer. You don't blame teh student loan people for kids taking taht money to buy guns and drugs. Hold these "kids" accountable. We always shifting blame elsewhere.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
how the hell is this answer to the crimes that’s being committed now

and they’re will always be bad parenting and all crime isn’t because of bad parents

what can law abiding citizens do about bad parenting?
Why does somebody else have to do something? If you’re a parent of a teenager, and they are not in school, hanging out late with the wrong crowd, fukkin with guns, then YOU need to do something.