Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He provides the number of cases that are waiting trail, but won't state specifically how many are supposedly still walking the streets. Even still, that's too simple of an explanation of the rise. Only the most hard-line anti-reform advocates are pushing that. Look at cook country for example, it faced one of the highest rises in violent crime and had a huge felony backlog, yet only released non-violent offenders to prioritize violent offenders.

Examining the Spike in Murders

These seem to be the most plausible explanations.
nikka stop, you’re lost

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Broad daylight shootouts on the streets are the result of poverty? What about the 99% of people who experienced the same conditions, but who aren't committing these street crimes?

And you said that Adams is deflecting?
If these young men had shyt to do...jobs...way to build wealth THEY WOULD NOT BE OUT IN THE STREETS LIKE THAT

I'm living proof!

If Adams was out here increasing budget to programs that get these young men into city jobs with pensions or into IT and other fields...fields that the white yuppies infecting this city are all occupying in the private sector jobs that allow them to gentrify the Black neighborhoods, they wouldn't be out in the streets like that trying to flip packs and hit licks.

Instead he's cutting the budget to everything and increasing the budget to NYPD!

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If these young men had shyt to do...jobs...way to build wealth THEY WOULD NOT BE OUT IN THE STREETS LIKE THAT

I'm living proof!
I agree. Growing up in Brooklyn, people were born to fail and opportunities, 10 times harder. The societal influences contributed to black on black crime in my hood.

Once I moved down south, I saw privilege and c00nery and how much more laid back and easier it was to succeed even in the poorer areas.

That mayor probably grew up privileged and lowkey speaking that poundcake shyt. Must have Jamaican or island roots since they look down on us too.

Edit: except Louisiana :picard:

Last edited:

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
There are several answers to the 'how do we hold our own accountable" question, but the one he is obviously getting at is THE PARENTS. That's why he said "why are 16, 17, and 18 year olds running around in the streets with guns at 1am?". We gotta start there. Too many parents in our community are letting their kids do whatever the fukk they want to do. Wanna hang out in the streets all hours of the night? Go ahead. Wanna drop out of school? Go right ahead. Many of the issues we have is from incompetent parenting. Too many parents wanna be their kids friends or they simply don't give a fukk.

Put pressure on the local government to address things like schooling and employment. Same way we do when a racist cop murders one of us.

We all have to know that subpar parenting is a key problem. Yes after 400 years of oppression and demonic treatment by a capitalist society, we are at a disadvantage. Black people are at a socio-econmic disadvantage as soon as they fall out the womb. But we need to stop doing sh!t that exacerbates the problem. Raise your fukkin kids. I don't know about you, but education was not an option in my household growing up. Drop out of school? I might as well have smacked my parents in the face. It would have been the same result. Hang out all hours of the night all the time? Yeah fukkin right.

Correcting this starts at home. And protests are not limited to incidents of police murdering our people. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will happily do it for you. Then it's prison or casket.
None of this answered the question.

“Holding parents accountable” is not a tangible thing. Again, are we supposed to go protest parenting?

people are already fighting for things like economic advancement and better schooling.

The problem is people like you and the mayor don’t actually help to put progressive measures in place. You just complain that nikkas are dangerous and elect people who also aren’t gonna do anything but wag their winger like this guy.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I'm living proof!

If Adams was out here increasing budget to programs that get these young men into city jobs with pensions or into IT and other fields...fields that the white yuppies infecting this city are all occupying in the private sector jobs that allow them to gentrify the Black neighborhoods, they wouldn't be out in the streets like that trying to flip packs and hit licks.

Instead he's cutting the budget to everything and increasing the budget to NYPD!

The way the economy is right now, companies are hiring people with felonies in positions that they may have been blocked from interviewing for pre pandemic.

The homicides and violent crimes are being committed by the hardcore criminal element. The ones that social programs, job training, economic opportunity will NOT affect.
Some dudes who are generally in the streets dont want to be there, and have taken advantage of chances to better themselves.

That extreme element is out there being who they are, who they will always be. People who act like that element doesn't exist and after-school programs or summer youth jobs would change them are LYING to themselves.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
There are several answers to the 'how do we hold our own accountable" question, but the one he is obviously getting at is THE PARENTS. That's why he said "why are 16, 17, and 18 year olds running around in the streets with guns at 1am?". We gotta start there. Too many parents in our community are letting their kids do whatever the fukk they want to do. Wanna hang out in the streets all hours of the night? Go ahead. Wanna drop out of school? Go right ahead. Many of the issues we have is from incompetent parenting. Too many parents wanna be their kids friends or they simply don't give a fukk.

Put pressure on the local government to address things like schooling and employment. Same way we do when a racist cop murders one of us.

We all have to know that subpar parenting is a key problem. Yes after 400 years of oppression and demonic treatment by a capitalist society, we are at a disadvantage. Black people are at a socio-econmic disadvantage as soon as they fall out the womb. But we need to stop doing sh!t that exacerbates the problem. Raise your fukkin kids. I don't know about you, but education was not an option in my household growing up. Drop out of school? I might as well have smacked my parents in the face. It would have been the same result. Hang out all hours of the night all the time? Yeah fukkin right.

Correcting this starts at home. And protests are not limited to incidents of police murdering our people. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will happily do it for you. Then it's prison or casket.
To answer that, you have children raising children with no good paying jobs and increased rent to take care of them and dealing with ptsd. The mayor needs to discuss how to fix the job market and rent crisis before he can discuss this.

This same shyt is happening in Texas right now. The housing market is inflated and jobs are paying too low leading to white collar crimes. It's not an issue of race, it's much deeper than that. If you stop job discrimination and pay people fairly, you fix the issue but police are still killing us.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I just wish people kept the same energy. So many black communities are fukked up. One messed up generation being passed down to the next. Gang culture he been around since the 70’s. Drugs. Violence and hood politics and evolved to the a more heartless realm.

So when cops do commit murders, society doesn’t take it as serious. If we as a people can’t take what we do in our own culture seriously, how do we expect others to take it seriously?

White peoples are desensitized to black plight because they see and hear about it every day.
It's not our job to make the institutions of this country treat our race with the same respect and dignity as any others in this country breh. Why should I have to explain this, it should be standard.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
The black folks in the streets marching aren't the ones out here killing other black folks. :stopitslime:

True.

There are some marchers who slip through the cracks. My cousin marched and was singing "we shall overcooooooome". Later that night, he was slidin' on a dude who called him a bytch on facebook.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

I'm living proof!

nikka literally everywhere is hiring

Just crazy talk. Criminals don’t operate like this, not the ones terrorizing communities

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I just wish people kept the same energy. So many black communities are fukked up. One messed up generation being passed down to the next. Gang culture he been around since the 70’s. Drugs. Violence and hood politics and evolved to the a more heartless realm.

So when cops do commit murders, society doesn’t take it as serious. If we as a people can’t take what we do in our own culture seriously, how do we expect others to take it seriously?

White peoples are desensitized to black plight because they see and hear about it every day.
This is a uninformed post. White people arent “desensitized” to black plight. They CREATED black plight. It’s not a coincidence that the crack epidemic started in the 70’s right after the success of the civil rights movement and the assassination of every black leader and movement.

Do you not know that it was a white racist New York City planner that created the policy of building the intercontinental highway system to cut through black neighborhoods destroying them in the process and stealing their homes via imminent domain and this policy was replicated nationwide?? New York City is the origin of some of the most racist and detrimental policies and the destruction of the black American family and community is the greatest atrocity of the 20th century. There ain’t nothing black people can do to make white people empathetic. The best we can do is resegregate.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The way the economy is right now, companies are hiring people with felonies in positions that they may have been blocked from interviewing for pre pandemic.

The homicides and violent crimes are being committed by the hardcore criminal element. The ones that social programs, job training, economic opportunity will NOT affect.
Some dudes who are generally in the streets dont want to be there, and have taken advantage of chances to better themselves.

That extreme element is out there being who they are, who they will always be. People who act like that element doesn't exist and after-school programs or summer youth jobs would change them are LYING to themselves.
:mjlol: "Some of y'all nikkas are inherently violent and can't be saved" not this rhetoric again.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

That extreme element is out there being who they are, who they will always be. People who act like that element doesn't exist and after school programs or summer youth job would change them are LYING to themselves.

Social media is a gamechanger..

Technology has made alot of these teens liabilities..Imagine having these lil nikkas doing summer youth and the kids get put in danger because one of their opps spotted them...

You have to literally send them out of their borough and that's not even guaranteed to work:heh:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Diaspora flaming from person incapable of contributing anything else to the thread.
Speaking from personal experience. My aunt family racist and i know a lot of folk from the Caribbean that are racist and even admit to it. No hate towards them. Love the culture, love the ppl, love everything about them but alot of our ppl are racist. Let's not mask this. I also love Africa and African women and would want to move to west Africa but alot of Africans are racist.