Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
so he's deflecting to street crime which is a result of poverty, which is a result of the very systemic racism perpetuated by the people he rubs elbows with, the CACs who gentrify and displace neighborhood after neighborhood in this city, shoring up the opportunity for them and their families all while keeping the Black people out of the whole equation

Broad daylight shootouts on the streets are the result of poverty? What about the 99% of people who experienced the same conditions, but who aren't committing these street crimes?

And you said that Adams is deflecting?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
There is no justice to seek, however, when some crip kills a blood because he's usually caught sentence to life before we could even make fuss about it. Hell, a dozen other black men likely got wrongfully arrested in the police's search for that one crip.

The only problem I have is that when someone pulls some shyt like this, there's ALWAYS some support in the community for the one who committed the crime. There's way too many "Free Da Guys" mantras out here for people who would murder your mama for her cell phone. Too many people in denial of what their children are getting into and don't know how to remedy the situation.

Black Lives Matter being mentioned by Adams has nothing to do with why some of these areas have been dirt poor and crime ridden for 4-5 decades. He knows why. He was out on them streets. He just doesn't care. Did he really come back home from his 20th gang related case and wonder why shyt kept happening?

We don’t control the record labels. Here is a perfect example of how powerless we are in representation. Do ya’ll remember when Stern who ran the NBA said no more baggy clothes and nba players became fashionistas and then quiet as kept fashionable, better cut clothing became popular? We don’t control the images that are praised or highlighted in our communities. A bunch of white people and Jewish people mostly do and what they do is based on the lowest common denominator to sell, sell, and sell.

The streets are highlighted because it’s easy to sell their allure to white teens trying to be tough and black teens tend to follow because financial success at a young age is appealing. Those white teens, Arab teens, and Asian teens like the same rappers and athletes too. That has nothing to do with generational poverty mixed with easier access to guns.

Eric Adams is a buffoon trying to take attention away from the last 24 hours which is possibly one of the lowest days I have ever seen from the mayor and the NYPD. Instead of this a$$hole talking about how the train station the shooting at didn’t have cameras. He wants to blame violence on black people. fukk Eric Adams, this is bait for the City-Data crowd and AM radio.

These labels ain't out here controlling these drill rappers. For the most part, drill doesn't even give a good ROI. That's why most of em don't get signed and stay out in the hood making sausage fest music videos.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
fukk this dude and everyone on that “he’s got a point” bullshyt. He doesn’t.

When his police do their jobs and catch these criminals, they get punished to the full extent of the law. They’re not met with leniency. The same can’t be said when a pig commits murder. That was always the point. The same Black folks screaming Black Lives Matter have been speaking out against inner city violence for longer than I’ve been alive.
for emphasis.

god some of you pretenders are so obvious. ..:why: that c00n finna drop out from covid:pacspit:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
That's the thing though, it is a dog whistle. He's not trying to deconstruct this stuff. He just wants to let loose with a bunch of abusive police practices.
:whoa: Already disclosed I'm not familiar with Adams outside of national headlines. I'll take your word he wasn't speaking in good faith. I'm still rocking with how I interpreted it, regardless of his intentions. It ain't even on some bootstrap shyt, but it's like why can't we do better? Why can't we condemn this shyt, even on a message board like Coli? And I'm setting the bar low as hell...just stop killing each other. Hustle and shyt and we'll deal with it later, but goddamn, what's with the fukking killing other brothers? If we're just a product of circumstance, as some of you seem to be suggesting, then what the hell is the point in discussing it? But brehs get painted a pariah or "c00n" as soon as we say ANYTHING.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Like I said in the previous thread about dude, he is the 4K remake of this man:

JohnStreet1.jpg

Trust me this thread will be revisited with "promising results"

Trust in your prophetic marsupial, if it sleeps like a koala, it shyts like a koala.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Is he wrong….nah he ain’t :stopitslime:

“We don’t care if we dyin….long as it’s our own doin it :troll:

cut the shyt

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
You’re talking about what happens AFTER. And you are correct. But I think he’s asking why these killings happening so much in the first place and the same energy to combat it as when a racist cop does it is not there.

Anybody who says our community attempts to hold our own as accountable as we do the police is a fukkin liar. That’s not a black thing, every “group” has a problem holding their own accountable. Every race, cops, the Catholic Church, politicians…everybody has this problem.
The point of police protests is to get police who kill black people put in jail

what is the goal and plan of “holding the community accountable” about crime? Is protesting going to stop crime?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You're the mayor, isn't that your job to figure this shyt out. Why the fukk are you asking an social justice/advocacy group?

A mayor isn’t supposed to be a surrogate father to thousands of kids running the streets. A mayor isn’t supposed to force parents to raise their kids.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So basically black people cant criticize other black people publicly or they’re a c00n?

The violence is a bad look whether you speak about it publicly or in private. Not talking about it won’t make it disappear or invisible.
They can't deflect from police violence, unless they're a c00n yup :yeshrug: