'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Mermans face still makes me laugh!

:russ:

He-Man shoulda said,

"I aint know you like to get wet Skeletor!"

:mjlit:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. I wonder when it returns. The controversy surrounding this series is parallel to The Last of Us 2.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
This was alright, i'm starting to realize a lot of mfs just dont like to see a woman doing nothing without thinking about an agenda. If a female led "cartoon" threatens anyone's masculinity....theres a deeper issue that needs to be examined

If you just turn your agenda based area of the brain off and enjoy it as a continuation of an 80s cartoon that was nothing but an advertisement for some toys.

Which could have been looked as a consumerism/capitalist agenda if mfs were to dig that deeply into back then. :patrice:

That being said i'm all in cause i'm :flabbynsick: and actually grew up watching the OG in real time......And i can't wait for part 2 :manny:

Is that why it was getting review bombed? :dwillhuh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Castle AllState

:ohhh:

56722e8255d73c76.jpg

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
2021.06.16-05.01-boundingintocomics-60ca2e839ba5c.png

This is why people are mad. he lied about the nature of the show.

If the promotional materials and the producer is saying the show is about He-Man, but when you watch it you get a show about Teela, then it's only natural for people to be disappointed.

People framing it as hatred of women are being disingenuous IMO.

We'll see what happens when they drop part two.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

If the promotional materials and the producer is saying the show is about He-Man, but when you watch it you get a show about Teela, then it's only natural for people to be disappointed.

Counterpoint. people are mad because they've seen part 1 of a 2 part season and they're doing what they normally do which is jump so many guns. The show can still be all about He Man while its first half focuses on Teela. The problem with the internet and people in vernal these days is they're so quick to have "takes" and get upset about shyt, no one wants to relax and let the whole picture play out.

If the series finishes its first season and it turns out Kevin is a liar liar pants on fire, then say so. as of now though, with only a handful of episodes in the public, it makes fans look reactionary and a little immature.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I enjoyed the show. Given what happened what a huge misdirect I can see why some people are angry though.

I can see how people are angry, but it also shows that these fans don’t really want something fresh. They want status quo. It’s the same with comic books. The misdirect wasn’t even that bad, for a franchise that’s had nothing but failures since the toy line ended 87-88. May god, how dare they try something different and tell a three act story.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

But if they’re going the Transformers route with chunks of episodes, then it’s not a lie. What is he supposed to say? That the first 5 episodes happen after a tragic incident, and Teela takes center stage? So you don’t have to watch the first 5, but tune in for the rest when they come out? The fandom is a cancer. All of them. Always has.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It was alright. I grew up with the original show in the 80's also had the toys too. They should of been straight up they wanted to take a new take on it. I still like what they did with the 2002 cartoon better, I wish that would have continued on with that.
Hordak was about to crush the buildings in season 3:hhh::damn::damn::damn:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Am I the only one that felt sort of weird when Adam was going to call on the power of Grayskull?

Like it didnt feel earned to me and it shouldve been Teela.
Adam gave his life originally saving their asses:ufdup:Unless Adam is ready to pass the mantle he's He-Man:birdman:I did think Teela would use it though I was surprised she gave it back to him. Growth:ehh:She's probably using it in part 2

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not just a handful of episodes. We're already halfway through what was only planned to be a 10-episode miniseries and
He-Man has already been killed twice, and was barely used outside of flashbacks in episodes 2-4.

Even if every second of every single episode of the second half has He-Man at the forefront (which it won't), it's reasonable to expect people to be disappointed that the show being promoted as a He-Man sequel had very little He-Man, and you can't reasonably expect them to all come back for the second half in hopes that he might have more focus.

I totally get the complaints, and I don't know shyt about He-Man. :heh:

This isn't even on some Comicsgate "Oh, it's too 'woke' for the sjw crowd" shyt. I honestly didn't get that because the middle part of the show was so focused on old villains. But this is not the show people were sold on, and they are understandably upset about that.