'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was aight :yeshrug:

Just seemed like this season should've been the 2nd half of a season. Or we needed some more lead up to the shyt that went down in Ep 1 to sell it. It's some good ideas in this that are half-baked in execution

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
When did I say it was, I said the aesthetics aren't the same in those shows

Speed Racer is an anime, people though it was an american cartoon

The original Voltron was a japanese show but didn't have the "anime" look
even though it was an anime

some shows are really cartoony like Pokemon which was almost like an archie cartoon

the shonen shows like Sailor Moon do not look like realistic like Attack on titan

Cowboy Bebop doesn't have the weebo aesthetic like that sword art bullshyt

and this netflex He-Man does not look like any japanese show, so what are you talking about, it looks in vain with the korean animation the originals were based on just like thundercats

he-man does not have a shonen design, he has a square jaw like american comics

the answer to this is based in american misappropriation and social language conversion.
so by your post you would be incredibly wrong.
plus if you knew the reason why things are the things they are.
as the brain trust of ideas.
america has misappropriated from importing asian based and rooted properties.
you would be incorrect as well.
as the misappropriation of back and forth of asian animation and american domestic animation is a long discussion.
that can be broken down as a difference in approach to market toys and be successful in the asian marketplace.
leading to the american domestic importing of these properties and brain trust.
yet,...both are rooted adding each other to prominence from simple beginnings.
your post has a complete misunderstanding of how just these terms were misappropriated or rose to be where we are now.
while in essence just making a general random idea and public post.
of someone who was not cognitive.
when these properties were imported and originally presented and marketed on american domestic soil.

in the trailer to the debut of this cartoon.
this he man looks like a hodge podge.
of everything from the foreign animation direction change of the new adventures of he-man. to the the next decade's era reboot.
then you could mix in every influence.
from karas to aeon flux to ninja scroll.
to the france meets asian style of animation from the relaunch of the space heman series.
to the last incarnation of heman to now.
so, this he-man in the basic pocket of the golden era of american domestic toy boom.
would be judged as anime. even if it is not made in asian.

by your ideal.
speed racer being identified as an american cartoon.
is incorrect because speed racer was always identified as an import and the first american domestic cartoon termed as being japanimation.
anime is a revisionist internet, nerdcore term. to play muggle based troll games and appear as someone who was cognitive or knowledgeable. about an era.
then play commercially political correct games. while never distinctly saying.
what or how,..
they came to be this fan of this type of animation .
in 1978 -1981 when speed racer only aired during summers in baltimore, nyc and other eastern seaboard based origin locales and never in chicago originally.
all the kids i played with outside my age and not my cousin's age in baltimore.
to riding on the road to being introduced to speed racer driving to and then back from baltimore.
everyone always identified it as japanimation.
when i went back home and looked for.
or told anyone in chicago about speed racer.
they would look at you like an alien.
talking about some japanimation and it was different.
to what aired in general in most markets not associated with the eastern seaboard programming for children.
as speed racer never aired in chicago originally.
like other eastern seaboard based cities or towns.
i think being in chicago is how we got robotech.
as even the most fluid youtube toyhunter, retroblast'n.
is candidly honest about robotech never ever airing in his marketplace.
so most people's next mainstream connection.
to what was deemed japanimation and now.
the mainstream appropriated accepted termed of anime.
in that era voltron was a gateway domestically and voltron is and was considered japanimation now pc labeled anime.
which is where all the confusion comes from.
while cartoons like gi joe in america domestically in social commonly.
would say g i joe was a domestic cartoon.
or just cartoon.
yet is animated in asia.
in conjunction with an american grassroots property.

pokemon is considered the misappropriated american domestic name of japanimation.
now termed in america right in that gen as anime.
as anime became a mainstream legacy product. to retro market and penny stock squeeze the life out of after the communications act ruined american and children forever.
anime in america.
as a basic social misapproriated term in common general american functional life.
are considered to be,....
cartoons that resemble speed racer in simple build and execution.
plus are not generally associated.
with having or being,.... an american domestic cartoon.
or imported foreign asian animated property.
to be pc about the ideals associated with the practice of importing these properties and their legalities.
plus the misappropriation involved as well.

speed racer = anime
jayce and the wheeled warriors = american domestic cartoon produced in asia or american cartoon
the original gi joe style xmen cartoon = american domestic cartoon produced in asia. or simply an american cartoon
pole position = american domestic property turned cartoon produced in asia. or simply an american cartoon
galaxy rangers = american domestic ip animated in asia. regarded as an american cartoon

robotech = american domestic imported and re-engineered property yet considered anime.
transformers = american domestic imported and re-engineered property yet considered a cartoon and not anime.

anime is just a buzzword rallycall in america.
for kids who were cognitive outside when all this occurred.
in the idea of the children that constructed and made this their own.
is why this is.
yet factually...in america it would actually be factually incorrect.
yet in the americanization of it all.

you would be wrong in a public domestic forum now moving forward.
it is all marketed american ignorance for sale tho.

art barr

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Finished binge watching part one. I enjoyed it. :yeshrug: I don't really have an attachment to the property. I watched a couple of reruns of the cartoon in syndication in the 90s and watched the live action movie on cable in the 90s. I know the premise of the property but didn't know who the main characters besides He-Man and Skeletor.

Evil Lynn is sexy. :noah: The voice acting was top notch. Looking forward to part two. :ehh:

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
This was alright, i'm starting to realize a lot of mfs just dont like to see a woman doing nothing without thinking about an agenda. If a female led "cartoon" threatens anyone's masculinity....theres a deeper issue that needs to be examined

If you just turn your agenda based area of the brain off and enjoy it as a continuation of an 80s cartoon that was nothing but an advertisement for some toys.

Which could have been looked as a consumerism/capitalist agenda if mfs were to dig that deeply into back then. :patrice:

That being said i'm all in cause i'm :flabbynsick: and actually grew up watching the OG in real time......And i can't wait for part 2 :manny:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
It was alright. I grew up with the original show in the 80's also had the toys too. They should of been straight up they wanted to take a new take on it. I still like what they did with the 2002 cartoon better, I wish that would have continued on with that.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Not this time :dame:

Then again I didn’t get the feel from this series she and Adam/He-man we’re an item. It felt like they were siblings.
Naw, they were definitely hinting that there was a an attraction, at least on Teela's side. Evil Lynn saw right thought that shyt and dropped mad subliminals about the parallels between her and Skeletors relationship and Teela's secret love for He-Man.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
i never got the appeal of He-man even as a young kid. All I saw is big brolic White dude in a metal bikini. Same with Conan and Tarzan.

Its funny to watch dudes get mad at the show having "agendas" and being gay when it always had gay undertones and came across as pretty homoerotic.

What we're not gonna do is allow any disrespect of Conan the Cimmerian. :ufdup:

And for the record, Bravestarr > He-Man, so this being twisted around for whatever level of agenda-ness is meh :manny:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The show was okay/cool, they fukked up for making it 5 episodes,, should have been at least 8

story, landscapes and characters seem like a hybrid of movies, the neverending story, conan the barbarian, lotr

teela should kill her self :hhh: stop bytching

orko :banderas:,, wanted to see more of him

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The show was okay/cool, they fukked up for making it 5 episodes,, should have been at least 8

story, landscapes and characters seem like a hybrid of movies, the neverending story, conan the barbarian, lotr

teela should kill her self :hhh: stop bytching

orko :banderas:,, wanted to see more of him

it was sliced into two parts... :ld:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
What we're not gonna do is allow any disrespect of Conan the Cimmerian. :ufdup:

And for the record, Bravestarr > He-Man, so this being twisted around for whatever level of agenda-ness is meh :manny:
It ain't even no real agenda shyt going on. White boys just be acting all butthurt if they superman story don't go the way they want, meaning the character don't look like them (white male). This didn't really have any hint of the agenda they keep bytching about besides having a strong female protagonist. Check Shera on Netflix if you really wanna see what that really looks like:yeshrug:. I grew up with the original He-Man and this one didn't do it any disservice.

Y'all that didn't see the original keep talking about a back story or lack thereof... Welcome to the club. You got about as much as we got growing up. The backstory is, Matel wanted to sell toys. More specifically they wanted to capitalize on the barbarian craze of the early 80's, just like the Ninja craze of the late 80's/early 90's and the Power Rangers knockoff phase of the mid/late 90's. Conan was hot, Beast Master, Red Sonya, the Sword and the Sorcerer, etc. They were originally licensed to make Conan Toys, but backed out that then rolled out all of the He-Man shyt shortly after, including the cartoon. They would debut a new character practically every week to coincide with the corresponding toy. It's good guys with their good guy pals and bad guy with his goofy henchman. No in depth story beyond that, at least solely going by the cartoon from my childhood. I remember rolling up my knee high tube socks with the color stripes at the top to try and mimic he man's boots. He was THE guy, along with Optimus in the early 80's.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Triclops is Joel Osteen now???? :wtf:

Orko lookin like a dope fiend :dahell:

I'm sure he was inspired by
450px-Thulsa_Doom_-_Edited.png

Orko :mjlol: