'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They still didn't explain any of it
Didn't even do a who's who

Sure they did. They show you the characters and what they do. Once you have the names and see them in any type of action, that's all to it to any of them.

You saw Prince Adam, and watched him turn into He-Man and Battlecat turn into Cringer. You saw Teela being playful with him, and be a good fighter in her own right. You saw Orko do magic, you saw the king and queen just be there. You saw Skeletor with some dumb ass plan, and Evil-lyn by his side doing magic. If any cartoon is full of one-dimensional characters, it's He-Man. There's nothing beyond surface level.

There never was really an explanation, they just sat you in the world. We never really knew why Skeletor wanted what he wanted...he was just bad.

Why couldn't they have just said it was Teela's show?

They could have gotten a better fan reaction without the bait and switch.

Teela's motivation comes of as selfish and nonsensical. No need to shyt on Adam and Man-at-Arm's to advance Teela.

It's not bad, but it's a different direction indeed. I have no problem with He-Man & Skeletor, but like you said, why not just say it's the Adventures of Teela. And since she was already a strong female character, so they really didn't have to do Duncan like that.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Sure they did. They show you the characters and what they do. Once you have the names and see them in any type of action, that's all to it to any of them.

You saw Prince Adam, and watched him turn into He-Man and Battlecat turn into Cringer. You saw Teela being playful with him, and be a good fighter in her own right. You saw Orko do magic, you saw the king and queen just be there. You saw Skeletor with some dumb ass plan, and Evil-lyn by his side doing magic. If any cartoon is full of one-dimensional characters, it's He-Man. There's nothing beyond surface level.

There never was really an explanation, they just sat you in the world. We never really knew why Skeletor wanted what he wanted...he was just bad.

It's not bad, but it's a different direction indeed. I have no problem with He-Man & Skeletor, but like you said, why not just say it's the Adventures of Teela. And since she was already a strong female character, so they really didn't have to do Duncan like that.
With a 5 episode show, if you want it to be good you need more character and worldbuilding instead of cramming everything in there
I haven't watched old He-Man, but this show is clearly trying to be more mature
So even if it was barebones before, that's no excuse for it being barebones now

As someone who's not familiar with He-Man, I'm telling you, it didn't set anything up to make me care about this shyt

shyt was trash

You're looking at it from a fanboy point of view
So does the show and it suffers for jt

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Yall so miserable.

The shyt was cool. Saw 2 episodes expecting jus absolute trash .. shyt was cool . Worth watching.. yall morons can't expect them to turn a kids cartoon into fukking casltevania

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There's not much to explain. The original show didn't explain anything either. He-Man was always a surface level show, the good guys are fighting the bad guys. :yeshrug:
Yep, yep. Out of the big 5 (MOU, Thundercats, GI Joe, Voltron, and Transformers) MOU had the least backstory and characterization. It was literally a monster of the week or ally of the week show to sell toys.

She-Ra did well because as a spin off they had the leeway to basically do a whole new show and just use the original for character design purposes. This MOU show is in a catch 22. Too much Nostalgia to really just go off script with the series, but the original IP is trash.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Sound like the fans of the OG series are upset.

Now if that's the case I have no problem with the show but if it's nonsense I'll pass

Where ya at @Ironman @TheNatureBoy I'd like y'all input :mjgrin:
Finished. Honestly....I'm not sure:ohhh:I understand why the OG fans are mad:mjlol::mjlol:It's definitely a sequel but I really think we need to see part 2 cause how this shyt ended:dwillhuh::mindblown::damn::damn::damn:
One spoiler I don't like
They really were just killing off main characters heroes and villains alike for the fukk of it:martin:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
He-mans lore has been fleshed out via comics tho. There’s more to these characters. There’s reason why skeletor be on his bullshyt. It’s not bad even tho it was done be Geoff John’s almost a decade ago. :yeshrug: