'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
The only thing redeemable about the show is the animation and the few times He-Man is actually on screen. Outside of that this show was terrible the story was boring and unnecessarily dark. The trash attempt at being edgy just made the already thin story weeker. I also could have done without Tela looking like HHH with a Karen cut :hhh::camby:

Last edited:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
3 episodes in and I'm not feeling this shyt.
The only thing redeemable about the show is the animation and the few times He-Man is actually on screen. Outside of that this show was terrible the story was boring and unnecessarily dark. The trash attempt at being edgy just made the already thin story weeker. I also could have done without Tela looking like HHH with a Karen cut :hhh::camby:

Yeah I wasn't feeling it. Didn't need it to be this dark. Teela was a bytch to everyone. Not sure why they would all be rocking with her. Adam/He-man barely got any screen time. Evil Lynn and Orko were the only characters I enjoyed.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Is Evil Lynn the same voice actress as Camelia from Castlevania?
giphy.gif

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I liked it for the most part
Teela still holding a grudge the whole time was the worst part of it
I don't remember the og series so I don't know if Teela was in love with He-Man or not but they alluding to it here that she is
I'm assuming we get a lot more Adam/He-Man in the second half of the season

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is there a reason why they're not explaining anything like the lore or the characters? I've never seen the OG series so idk wtf is going on, I just know that the man guy transforms into a warrior using his sword like Shazam.

There's no real lore to even bother with. The first 10mins of the series showed everything that you needed to know. Prince Adam is secretly He-Man and transforms using the Sword of Power, Cringer becomes Battlecat. He is the protector/champion on Eternia/Castle Grayskull. He has Man-at-Arms by his side, Sorceress to advise, Teela is his friend since they were kids, Orko is their wizard, a few other colorful characters. Skeletor is bad, and does evil ish, and comes up with evil schemes. He has his own colorful goons. That's it.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Sound like the fans of the OG series are upset.

Now if that's the case I have no problem with the show but if it's nonsense I'll pass

Where ya at @Ironman @TheNatureBoy I'd like y'all input :mjgrin:

I just watched the 1st episode and it was alright. Didn't realize it was only 5 episodes and I guess they are splitting it in parts.

Don't really have any memories of the OG show aside from what the 2 main characters looked like. I had forgot that He-Man was on his Shazam shyt with the transformation.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I liked it for the most part
Teela still holding a grudge the whole time was the worst part of it
I don't remember the og series so I don't know if Teela was in love with He-Man or not but they alluding to it here that she is
I'm assuming we get a lot more Adam/He-Man in the second half of the season
canon-wise teela marries he-man/adam

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
There's no real lore to even bother with. The first 10mins of the series showed everything that you needed to know. Prince Adam is secretly He-Man and transforms using the Sword of Power, Cringer becomes Battlecat. He is the protector/champion on Eternia/Castle Grayskull. He has Man-at-Arms by his side, Sorceress to advise, Teela is his friend since they were kids, Orko is their wizard, a few other colorful characters. Skeletor is bad, and does evil ish, and comes up with evil schemes. He has his own colorful goons. That's it.
Yep. He-Man probably has the thinnest lore and story line of any of the 80's cartoons I grew up with. It's also the least rewatchchable to me because of it. That shyt was a pure vessel to sell toys (like all the other cartoons were) that was more blatant than any other I remember. But he'll, as kids He-Man was that nikka.

I didn't have any problem with the show. If they tried to make it like the original it would have been fukking awful. They take away Teela throwing a fukking hissy fit about being left in the dark and I was good, except for
my nikka Orko:sadbron:. He was always my favorite. The magical fukk up went out like a G though. That's my mage:to:

Last edited:
Daps
The show is a mess. However. it does have some decent parts.

Killing Orko got me in the feels. :mjcry:
At least he died a good and honourable death.:obama:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
They still didn't explain any of it
Didn't even do a who's who