'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
lmao anime is just japanese for animation, every cartoon is an anime

them batman series and x-men were animated by asians too lmao
yes and no. in japan the term "anime" refers to any animation. but since forever outside of japan "anime" means animation made in japan with a certain aesthetic. it needs more than just "animated by asians" simpsons is animated by asians, that shyt isnt considered "anime"

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This shyt was trash, I'm sorry
It's not a direct continuation of any former shows but it doesn't bother to set up and explain the world and characters
I've never kept up with MOTU before
Some corny dialogue and it's really not that interesting

Castlevania is the benchmark for shows like this to me

Entire War for Cybertron series has been bad but at least it had some interesting ideas

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes and no. in japan the term "anime" refers to any animation. but since forever outside of japan "anime" means animation made in japan with a certain aesthetic. it needs more than just "animated by asians" simpsons is animated by asians, that shyt isnt considered "anime"

Anime doesn't have a monolithic art style

pokemon does not look like Ninja Scroll

Fist of the North Star and Sailor Moon do not have the same aesthetic

cowboy bebop doesn't have the same aesthetic as Naruto, Gundam Unicorn does not resemble The Academia shyt whatever it is

and this he-man cartoon doesn't look like the anime you are talking about so what are you talking about

also Japanese animation is superior to any of american show and it's not even close

Attack on Titan blows away anything Americanized it's not even close

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Is there a reason why they're not explaining anything like the lore or the characters? I've never seen the OG series so idk wtf is going on, I just know that the man guy transforms into a warrior using his sword like Shazam.
Kevin Smith sucks probably is the reason
But I felt the same

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Anime doesn't have a monolithic art style

pokemon does not look like Ninja Scroll

Fist of the North Star and Sailor Moon do not have the same aesthetic

cowboy bebop doesn't have the same aesthetic as Naruto, Gundam Unicorn does not resemble The Academia shyt whatever it is

and this he-man cartoon doesn't look like the anime you are talking about so what are you talking about

also Japanese animation is superior to any of american show and it's not even close

Attack on Titan blows away anything Americanized it's not even close

aesthetic is not only art style, and no one said shyt about who's superior in regards to animation. :salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
aesthetic is not only art style, and no one said shyt about who's superior in regards to animation. :salute:

When did I say it was, I said the aesthetics aren't the same in those shows

Speed Racer is an anime, people though it was an american cartoon

The original Voltron was a japanese show but didn't have the "anime" look
even though it was an anime

some shows are really cartoony like Pokemon which was almost like an archie cartoon

the shonen shows like Sailor Moon do not look like realistic like Attack on titan

Cowboy Bebop doesn't have the weebo aesthetic like that sword art bullshyt

and this netflex He-Man does not look like any japanese show, so what are you talking about, it looks in vain with the korean animation the originals were based on just like thundercats

he-man does not have a shonen design, he has a square jaw like american comics

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

some shows are really cartoony like Pokemon which was almost like an archie cartoon

the shonen shows like Sailor Moon do not look like realistic like Attack on titan

and this netflex He-Man does not look like any japanese show, so what are you talking about, it looks in vain with the korean animation the originals were based on just like thundercats

:russ: @ you preaching in this thread:::!!! :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

you not saying anything i dont already know. good stuff guy :salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you not saying anything i dont already know. good stuff guy :salute:

You said outside of japan anime refers to an aesthetic and it doesn't lmao

Japanese Anime in America literally means Animation from Japanese, that's all the requirement it needed to be an anime

and i named animes that don't have the "aesthetic" of a what americans typical think is anime

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Damn, I'm nervous based on the replies in this thread. I'm a late 90's baby/early 00s kid but I actually saw a lot of the OG he man in syndication so I understand the characters at least.

There's not really much lore to it tbh, He Man and his team are the good guys, skeletor and his team are the bad guys. If they made it hopelessly complicated, that's weird as hell.