Votes: 82 68.9%
  • Mass Effect 3

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think you should be able to create your player for scratch...choose any citadel space race (Asari, Human,Turian, Krogan, Batarian, Salarian, Quarians) or an AI.

Also I want more downtime, Mass Effect is great at pacing usually and 2 was perfect...but I want more reasons to do some on world stuff. I don't want all the development to take place on the Normandy. I want a reason to chill on a planet for a bit, maybe have some sort of terrestrial base instead of just the Normandy.

Shepard should only be involved by proxy imo. Its only so much you can expand on one person. I'd also like to see (if it is indeed after the Reapers) how others dealt with the rebuilding process. Depending on what Shep did at the end of 3, the galaxy could be DRASTICALLY different. I'd like to see that on a GRAND scale.

And lastly ME has things like combat, dialogue and visuals...but If its 2 things i want done better its the general movement of some of the people (Shep runs like a block when not in combat, it doesnt look natural at all) and the fact that the environments are too linear. Its and RPG give me some room to explore...find some hidden shyt...weapons or armor or something.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I think you should be able to create your player for scratch...choose any citadel space race (Asari, Human,Turian, Krogan, Batarian, Salarian, Quarians) or an AI.

Also I want more downtime, Mass Effect is great at pacing usually and 2 was perfect...but I want more reasons to do some on world stuff. I don't want all the development to take place on the Normandy. I want a reason to chill on a planet for a bit, maybe have some sort of terrestrial base instead of just the Normandy.

Shepard should only be involved by proxy imo. Its only so much you can expand on one person. I'd also like to see (if it is indeed after the Reapers) how others dealt with the rebuilding process. Depending on what Shep did at the end of 3, the galaxy could be DRASTICALLY different. I'd like to see that on a GRAND scale.

And lastly ME has things like combat, dialogue and visuals...but If its 2 things i want done better its the general movement of some of the people (Shep runs like a block when not in combat, it doesnt look natural at all) and the fact that the environments are too linear. Its and RPG give me some room to explore...find some hidden shyt...weapons or armor or something.

Wow, I wanted to nerd out, on you (:troll: " Krogan, Batarian, Salarian, Quarians aren't Council Races"), but, I actually agree with most of this. Actually, in one of the links I posted; their are preliminary talks about making the ME4 main character an option of multiple races.

I'm not sure about "down time," but; I liked how you said "development outside of the Normandy." Because, I good 80% of the best interactions happened on the ship, on the 2nd and 3rd game, mostly.

The first game is the only true RPG, with 3 almost being an straight action game. I just realized how little you got to use the Paragon/Renegade (I'm talking about the ones on the left that were actually red/blue) options in 3.

I'm cool with Shepard not being in the next one. That seems to be the direction their goin' in, anyway.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Wow, I wanted to nerd out, on you (:troll: " Krogan, Batarian, Salarian, Quarians aren't Council Races"), but, I actually agree with most of this. Actually, in one of the links I posted; their are preliminary talks about making the ME4 main character an option of multiple races.

I'm not sure about "down time," but; I liked how you said "development outside of the Normandy." Because, I good 80% of the best interactions happened on the ship, on the 2nd and 3rd game, mostly.

The first game is the only true RPG, with 3 almost being an straight action game. I just realized how little you got to use the Paragon/Renegade (I'm talking about the ones on the left that were actually red/blue) options in 3.

I'm cool with Shepard not being in the next one. That seems to be the direction their goin' in, anyway.

A actually Batarians live in Earth Systems Space and Salarians and Krogans live in Council Space....The flotilla is in the Traverse right now...:troll:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
ME3 was my favorite. Loved the multiplayer, loved how it wrapped up every (almost) side character's story up.... Amd i like the ending

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
ME3 was my favorite. Loved the multiplayer, loved how it wrapped up every (almost) side character's story up.... Amd i like the ending

sons_anarchy_agent.gif

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@ORDER_66

What your beef with what @fillerguy posted?

I initally thought that beef with the ending was very nerdy. I came around, a bit, but; I think the Extended Cut fixed everything?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@ORDER_66

What your beef with what @fillerguy posted?

I initally thought that beef with the ending was very nerdy. I came around, a bit, but; I think the Extended Cut fixed everything?

I spent countless hours with the whole trilogy from jump... they butchered the ending, aint no amount of extended cut gonna fix the crappy overall original ending..... for a game series so brillant and creative and vast. they tacked on 3 lazy and lousy endings with little to no variation...

We didnt get that last showdown with harbinger, nor a boss fight, it was literally a, b, or c.... and they all led to the same thing, your character dying. yeah we can use our imaginations and invison he lived by transcending in the control and Splice ending but it was tacky and horrific to not give fans what they wanted and for people to negate the fact that they screwed up on something so easy as an ending... I'm no aplogist but damn these dudes are gonna hear it for the rest of their lives, messing up on something so damn easy.... it baffles my mind... From what i heard hudson and that other a$$hole kicked everyone out and wrote the ending themselves without oversight and or punishment or reprecussions. and for people to sit back and take it, pisses me off...

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I spent countless hours with the whole trilogy from jump... they butchered the ending, aint no amount of extended cut gonna fix the crappy overall original ending..... for a game series so brillant and creative and vast. they tacked on 3 lazy and lousy endings with little to no variation...

We didnt get that last showdown with harbinger, nor a boss fight, it was literally a, b, or c.... and they all led to the same thing, your character dying. yeah we can use our imaginations and invison he lived by transcending in the control and Splice ending but it was tacky and horrific to not give fans what they wanted and for people to negate the fact that they screwed up on something so easy as an ending... I'm no aplogist but damn these dudes are gonna hear it for the rest of their lives, messing up on something so damn easy.... it baffles my mind... From what i heard hudson and that other a$$hole kicked everyone out and wrote the ending themselves without oversight and or punishment or reprecussions. and for people to sit back and take it, pisses me off...

That gif was disturbing, doe :no:

Really, it boils down to this, for me; The end game was always to end the Reapers, not a never ending quest.

I'm no of those "It's not the desination, it's the journey" types. And the desteingation was just too good to throwaway.

The ending just didn't ruin the three or four times I've beaten 3.

I have more of a problem with that last battle (fighting a horde to launch a missile). We should have faced a Reaper head on. And that whole; let's just run for the beam sequence just showed how Gears of Duty the series has gotten. GREAT NEWS...

:troll:

Casey Hudson just bounced (this news just came)

He wrote the ending by himself

Yea, it made no sense to have two guys write the ending with no oversight.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
@Made in '86'

Name of your shep? John Shepard

Sex? Did you play both genders? Custom or default appearance? Male. I always use the default shepard because i think it fits the voice

Class? If you played multiple classes. Explain which was your favorite to least. Currently playing soldier but ive done vanguard in past playthroughs. Soldier for the obvious reasons, you get to use a wider range of weapons. Cant really say my least because i enjoyed vanguard

What level of difficulty did you play on all 3? Veteran for the first 2 and currently playing on insanity for part 3

What Platform did you play on? If multiple, which did you prefer? My first experience with mass effect 1 and 2 were on xbox 360. My Xbox fukked up and i ended up getting a ps3...and i refused to play 3 unless i had my save files. Last month psn had a sale for the entire trilogy for 15 bucks and i jumped on it...now im currently 10 hours into mass effect 3 for the first time

Paragon or Renegade? Mixed? on my old 360 i beat mass effect 1 and 2 three times each....1 time as a full paragon 1 time as a full renegade and 1 time mixed. i just beat 1 and 2 on the ps3 and im leaning more towards paragon but i also do a lot of renegade shyt when i have to

Favorite non-playable character? Least as well. :patrice: On part 1 it would have to be Anderson for the simple fact he beats up udina just so the normany can GTFO and go to ilos. Part 2 its probably Kal Reegar just cause jane from firefly does his voice lol...i just watched that show for the first time not too long ago, shout out to @hexagram23 for putting me on in another mass effect thread we had here or on sohh i forgot...that show reminded me a lot of mass effect for numerous reasons..i loved that show man and i love the movie serenity...its a shame it got canceled

Hardest decision you made. Regrets? My first playthrough the hardest decision i made was if i should kill wrex or not...and then if i should save ashley or kaiden...ash gave me p*ssy so i said fukk kaiden :manny:

Romance? On all 3 games as well. Ashley on part 1 and miranda part 2...i like ash and i like the way the romance is going with her now on part 3

Favorite Squadmate? Can differ between the 3. Garrus and Wrex for part 1. Garrus, Grunt, Thane, Mordin, and Jack for part 2.

Favorite Powerbonus? Can differ between the 3. Adrenaline Rush :ahh:

Favorite Gun? Can differ between the 3. Assault Rifles and Shotguns. Loved the blackfire(DLC) heavy weapon for part 2...that shyt saved me on a lot of situations :whew:

What is something that you enjoyed about the first Mass effect? Was there something you wished they had still implemented from first to the other 2? Same question from 2 to 3. I liked the way you cuztomize your weapons but i always hated how packed the inventory got and you had to sit down and convert a bunch of shyt to omni gel..its alright so far on part 3 but i havent really felt the effects like you do in part 1

Mass Effect 3 ending. Did it really kill the series for you? Id really love to hear your thoughts about it if true. Im on my first playthrough and im going to experience the ending with the extended cut... i have no idea exactly what happens so once i find out ill come back to this thread

Are you excited for the new mass effect? Or do you feel the series has ran its course? Im always going to excited for anything related to mass effect, i think its probably the best written space fantasy ever...Im excited for the movie thats suppose to be coming out and i kind of hope its on the first contact war which i thought was real dope

So yea so far my thoughts on mass effect 3. I like it ALOT, even tho my first 10 minutes i was like :patrice: the whole time because i thought it felt too fast paced and i noticed you only get 2 options for most conversations. But the more i play the more i like the story, i honestly dont see why people hate the story so much i think the pacing so far is great and it feels more like a movie then the other 2 games. I also didnt like how they dont explain what happened to all my squadmates from part 2 but now as the story progress im starting to see them (kasumi was just helping me on the citadel, got garrus, just did the wrex storyline with mordin showing up in the salarian base...spoke to thane). So far im having a good time so lets just see if this ending is as bad as everyone says.

Also i like to add i didnt complete the entire conrad verner shyt for part 1 so he aint come out in part 2...am i gonna miss something for part 3? too late to go back lol

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
You know what id also like to say that I don't like the fact the journal system is fukked up in part 3. How come I'm getting side missions but its not explaining what planet or area i gotta go to? I had to Google a couple missions already :stopitslime:. Its my only real gripe so far

Last edited:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Name of your shep? Roo

Sex? Did you play both genders? Custom or default appearance? Male. I might try it as a girl. Custom.

Class? If you played multiple classes. Explain which was your favorite to least.

Vanguard because I like shotguns and I like to shoot people in the face with the shotgun at point blank because my style in FPS games is aggressive. I haven't played all the classes but I've played the ME3 Multiplayer a little and the only one I haven't tried yet is Adept but from what I have played Sentinal is my least favorite and Vanguard is my most favorite. Engineer or Volus Engineer is fun as fukk though.

What level of difficulty did you play on all 3? Normal :manny:, but I started again on the hardest but not playing it as much.

What Platform did you play on? If multiple, which did you prefer? PS3 :manny:

Paragon or Renegade? Mixed? Started out renegade, became mixed then ended it as a paragon.. my character's journey from being a ruthless a$$hole to hero with a heart that saves the universe was touching brehs :to:

Favorite non-playable character? Least as well. I haven't played the ME3 DLC yet but from the clips I seen on youtube, Javik is hilarious. My least favorite would be the council itself although I saved them because I thought they would be grateful and give me some favors..

Hardest decision you made. Regrets? Sticking with Liara over Tali or Samara's milf ass :takedat:

Romance? On all 3 games as well. Liara :manny:

Favorite Squadmate? Can differ between the 3. Grunt was my dude but truthfully Ashley was my ace until she killed my breh :to:, after that it was :camby: to that bytch. But Ashley wasn't my least fav it was Jack.. her character design and attitude had me like :scusthov:. It was because of her to an extent that I shifted to mixed because I didn't like her evil ass.

Favorite Powerbonus? Can differ between the 3. Biotic Charge + Nova

Favorite Gun? Can differ between the 3. Hardest hitting shotgun in each game :manny:

What is something that you enjoyed about the first Mass effect? Was there something you wished they had still implemented from first to the other 2? Same question from 2 to 3.
I wish they kept the inventory system but had the organization of Borderlands for it. It was mad annoying trying to sell all that shyt but I like that RPG element. And for as shytty as the Mako was, it was cool to explore planets. They should have just included upgrades where you could give it some nitro thrust to climb mountain sides or the ability to become a helicopter temporarily.

Mass Effect 3 ending. Did it really kill the series for you? Id really love to hear your thoughts about it if true.

The ending didn't kill it for me because I was trying to destroy the universe from the start :heh:

Are you excited for the new mass effect? Or do you feel the series has ran its course? If they can make the story as enjoyable as ME1 with the gameplay of ME3 then they got a good game on their hands.

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:wow: i just did the grissom academy mission, what a dope fukking mission. im playing on insanity so i died a BUNCH of times but i managed to pull it off. I liked how kahlee sanders and jack came out in this one, i dont know if you guys are familiar with the mass effect novels "revelations" and "ascension" but kahlee is the main character of those two books(plus 2 more but i cant remember the names) so it was cool seeing her in the game. I also peeped the kei leng dude was with the illusive man, hes like the main villian in the third book...nice to see the books come around and connect to the main story

so far im just not seeing this whole thing about mass effect 3 being the worst of the three, so far for me its shaping up to be the best :patrice: