winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i'm hoping that they use this trilogy to somehow circle back around to those things....they need to just go with the fan theory that me3 is pretty much the reapers trying to indoctrinate shepard the whole game, and go from there....meA can take place while all that shyt is taking place...in meA2 we should come back to our system and fight the reaper shepard while trying to free the real shepard...meA3 we should finally get to fight harbinger....seriously, if we go 6 games without fighting him, i'm done with ME, i dont give a fukk how much i've enjoyed the series.....
The original Mass Effect trilogy is done and over with and if Bioware is smart they'll never touch anything related to that story again.

That stuff was a mistake they can't take back so they did the next best thing and made a clean break with it. there's a reason they set up Andromeda like they did with almost no ties to that first trilogy.

That being said Mac Walters is still heavily involved in this new game and seeing as how he ruined the ending of Mass Effect 3 maybe we should lower expectations.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
yep...that shyt was setting up so nicely, and me3 really dropped the ball that 1 and 2 setup....that, the stars dying angle that @hex mentioned, the dark matter angle, etc.was interesting as hell in me2, and they completely threw that shyt to the side in 3 for star kid, smh....

i'm hoping that they use this trilogy to somehow circle back around to those things....they need to just go with the fan theory that me3 is pretty much the reapers trying to indoctrinate shepard the whole game, and go from there....meA can take place while all that shyt is taking place...in meA2 we should come back to our system and fight the reaper shepard while trying to free the real shepard...meA3 we should finally get to fight harbinger....seriously, if we go 6 games without fighting him, i'm done with ME, i dont give a fukk how much i've enjoyed the series.....

Not gonna happen b, this game/series is a soft reboot :francis:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The original Mass Effect trilogy is done and over with and if Bioware is smart they'll never touch anything related to that story again.

That stuff was a mistake they can't take back so they did the next best thing and made a clean break with it. there's a reason they set up Andromeda like they did with almost no ties to that first trilogy.

That being said Mac Walters is still heavily involved in this new game and seeing as how he ruined the ending of Mass Effect 3 maybe we should lower expectations.
Not gonna happen b, this game/series is a soft reboot :francis:

i know, i know...i can hope and dream though cant i?....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The ending was (supposedly) written by Casey Hudson and Mac Walters and Hudson is no longer with Bioware. I wouldn't put the bulk of blame on Walters as he was a writer for all three games, and he's only the director of "Andromeda".

The lead writer for "Andromeda" was Chris Schlerf, who is an x-factor. He left Bioware after that to work on "Destiny".

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't think there has been any word of further games in the series continuing from this one's story.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh....nah, not really man. A return trip to Earth from Andromeda would make it 1200 years after the original trilogy. "Andromeda" is already 600 years later.

Fred.

never say never, we are talking about space, sci-fi shyt...they could end up going through a black hole that puts them back to our system in mins/a couple years lol....

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Not really. The relationship between synthetics and reapers was fully fleshed out, solid, and consistent through the entire series. From the geth 'praying' in ME1 to the internal war in ME3.

They had nothing in common with the collectors.

Your point was that The Collectors being The Reapers goons undermines them as The Reapers are meant to be powerful.

That would be fine if Sovereign didn't have The Geth as goons in the first game. Sovereign was always with The Geth in the first game like how Harbinger was with The Collectors. That's why I said that The Collectors were the second game's version of them. They fulfill the role of the Reaper villains foot soldiers. Storywise they do the same thing such as abducting Humans to Reaperize them. It was just a far bigger plot point in 2.

They didn't want to use The Geth for that role again so made up The Collectors. To make them more relevant and add more story to The Reapers they made them Indoctrinated Protheans.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I don't think there has been any word of further games in the series continuing from this one's story.

They said Andromeda is going to be a "saga".

And they also said you should keep your save files from this game, just in case. Mass Effect: Andromeda's creative director says you should probably keep your saves | PC Gamer

if I recall correctly, ME:A should be able to stand alone as a single story, like ME1. But also be capable of providing a sequel.

Imo, this basically means: if ME:A turns out to be a hit, they'll make a sequel or turn it into a trilogy. If it fails, it's just a standalone game.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
New screenshots.

91kTeO5yRtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

810zFygbc3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91PgHA5uLYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens

They said Andromeda is going to be a "saga".

And they also said you should keep your save files from this game, just in case. Mass Effect: Andromeda's creative director says you should probably keep your saves | PC Gamer

if I recall correctly, ME:A should be able to stand alone as a single story, like ME1. But also be capable of providing a sequel.

Imo, this basically means: if ME:A turns out to be a hit, they'll make a sequel or turn it into a trilogy. If it fails, it's just a standalone game.

i have a feeling we will get a watch dogs 2 ending:patrice:
watch dogs 2 ended like ubisoft wasnt sure if it would be good so they played it safe and just end it:jbhmm:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
i have a feeling we will get a watch dogs 2 ending:patrice:
watch dogs 2 ended like ubisoft wasnt sure if it would be good so they played it safe and just end it:jbhmm:

Yeah they're definitely gonna play it safe.

In an interview they said you can still explore the game after beating the main storyline.

I'm not bothered by it. The orignal trilogy wasn't really meant to be a trilogy until ME2.