42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Lol ok. We shall see. No game takes this damn long to release gameplay, esp not a big game like mass effect.
Dahell

Games that drop gameplay trailers all the way through development can have completely garbage gameplay at release. Plenty of games have reviewers and consumers alike wondering where the fukk massive amounts of pre-release content ended up. Hell, some games don't even run at the promised capacity lol

People are still trying to find out where the rest of The Division is :mjlol:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Lol ok. We shall see. No game takes this damn long to release gameplay, esp not a big game like mass effect.

:dafuk:

Did you forget the 5 minute trailer in December last year or the short one In January? My guy, how much of the combat you want to see?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dahell

Games that drop gameplay trailers all the way through development can have completely garbage gameplay at release. Plenty of games have reviewers and consumers alike wondering where the fukk massive amounts of pre-release content ended up. Hell, some games don't even run at the promised capacity lol

People are still trying to find out where the rest of The Division is :mjlol:

i'll do you one better with a game i like: bioshock infinite....the final game was nothing like those early game play vids....the final game turned out fun and i enjoyed it, but the early game play vids looked a whole lot better and i wanted to play that game....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
me2 was the worst what, story?.....what?!?!?!?....i highly disagree....but i wanna hear why you think that....
Again, beating a dead horse but I think the existence of the collectors cheapens the reapers by a lot. One single reaper punched through the entire citadel fleet - and the best part about it was that it didn't need a reason.

The collectors gave not only a less than adequate motivation to a great enemy that didn't need one, but also began a trend where the reapers became less and less intimidating and strong. Indoctrination was better as a byproduct of their existence, not a primary method of subversion and attack.

After ME2, reapers and essentially mass effect as a whole lost a great deal imo

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, beating a dead horse but I think the existence of the collectors cheapens the reapers by a lot. One single reaper punched through the entire citadel fleet - and the best part about it was that it didn't need a reason.

The collectors gave not only a less than adequate motivation to a great enemy that didn't need one, but also began a trend where the reapers became less and less intimidating and strong. Indoctrination was better as a byproduct of their existence, not a primary method of subversion and attack.

i disagree....i think the collectors added to the reapers...it showed how powerful they were....that they could have influence over beings day to day while they hibernated until the next cleansing....it helped show why they were such a huge threat....for the very reason you stated: indoctrination was both a byproduct and a method of attack/subversion...they used it as a direct attack on specific individuals to get them on their side, and it was a byproduct on the non-intended which led to them joining their side as well.....me2 had a great setup, the story for me3 just dropped the ball....and made no damn sense lol.....

i know that goes off topic, so to bring it back on topic and meA:

i know you dont like talking about it and wanna neg cats, but the way the story plays out in me3 is why i still have hope that the new trilogy is gonna lead back to the old one.....i mean, we never fought harbinger...he was the main antagonist from me2 on, and we never fought him....hell, we only got to see him briefly and that was at the end of me3 flying away....that is no way to end a series: by not fighting the main antagonist....with them saying this story/mission takes place before/during the events of me1 and the hints of TIM/cerberus, i think it's gonna come full circle by the end of this trilogy....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i disagree....i think the collectors added to the reapers...it showed how powerful they were....that they could have influence over beings day to day while they hibernated until the next cleansing....it helped show why they were such a huge threat....for the very reason you stated: indoctrination was both a byproduct and a method of attack/subversion...they used it as a direct attack on specific individuals to get them on their side, and it was a byproduct on the non-intended which led to them joining their side as well.....me2 had a great setup, the story for me3 just dropped the ball....and made no damn sense lol.....

i know that goes off topic, so to bring it back on topic and meA:

i know you dont like talking about it and wanna neg cats, but the way the story plays out in me3 is why i still have hope that the new trilogy is gonna lead back to the old one.....i mean, we never fought harbinger...he was the main antagonist from me2 on, and we never fought him....hell, we only got to see him briefly and that was at the end of me3 flying away....that is no way to end a series: by not fighting the main antagonist....with them saying this story/mission takes place before/during the events of me1 and the hints of TIM/cerberus, i think it's gonna come full circle by the end of this trilogy....
There is way more wrong with ME3 than just the ending and 2 enabled damn near all of it.

Also it was dumb. One reaper damn near sinks the capital of known sentient space - why does another reaper play fukk fukk games in a hidden null zone to make a zombie cyborg? Its just a drastic departure from the entire tone of the first.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is way more wrong with ME3 than just the ending and 2 enabled damn near all of it.

Also it was dumb. One reaper damn near sinks the capital of known sentient space - why does another reaper play fukk fukk games in a hidden null zone to make a zombie cyborg? Its just a drastic departure from the entire tone of the first.

it wasnt dumb....you ignoring the fact that 1 was almost able to to do that cause he had help by indoctrinating a powerful person in said capital....while the collectors were good soldiers/fighters for the reapers, they couldnt be like ole boy was in part 1......shepard could though, and me2 setup how much an asset shepard was and why the reapers wanted him on their side or out the way....me3 fukked up not following through with that....

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
it wasnt dumb....you ignoring the fact that 1 was almost able to to do that cause he had help by indoctrinating a powerful person in said capital....while the collectors were good soldiers/fighters for the reapers, they couldnt be like ole boy was in part 1......shepard could though, and me2 setup how much an asset shepard was and why the reapers wanted him on their side or out the way....me3 fukked up following through with that....
Breh

A single reaper literally ran over the flagship of the fleet representing the best of a unified sentient alliance. Why does it make sense at all that they should suddenly drop that resounding success to cultivate a slave species to kidnap humans (like they're so special) one planet at a time? Even if the overarching goal of the reapers is to stay the same, zombie cyborg collection, why go about it in the most inefficient manner possible and at the same make a cognitive effort to drastically reduce the implied strength of that villain in order to make the flawed premise work?

The answer is simple, they had a theme that they wanted to make work prioritized ahead of a story that needed to be cohesive. If the power of reapers had remained constant, a single reaper would've easily been able subjugate a system and they could've farmed humans off every planet they occupied simultaneously.

Viola, bad writing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Breh

A single reaper literally ran over the flagship of the fleet representing the best of a unified sentient alliance. Why does it make sense at all that they should suddenly drop that resounding success to cultivate a slave species to kidnap humans (like they're so special) one planet at a time? Even if the overarching goal of the reapers is to stay the same, zombie cyborg collection, why go about it in the most inefficient manner possible and at the same make a cognitive effort to drastically reduce the implied strength of that villain in order to make the flawed premise work?

The answer is simple, they had a theme that they wanted to make work prioritized ahead of a story that needed to be cohesive. If the power of reapers had remained constant, a single reaper would've easily been able subjugate a system and they could've farmed humans off every planet they occupied simultaneously.

Viola, bad writing.

There was no Reapers in the Milky Way after Sovereign died. I don't understand how the Collectors undermine their strength in 2 when the Reapers didn't have a physical presence in our galaxy until 3.

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh

Viola, bad writing.

that reaper had help doing that by indoctrination....he was getting help to fukk up our shyt, he wasnt doing it alone...that showed how powerful indoctrination was.....

there were no other reapers in our system after he got fukked up...they had to get here...until they did, they had the collectors do the dirty work for them.....

also, yea he fukked up the alliance, but in the end he lost and gave away the existence of the reapers, so now the alliance could prepare, so exactly what success was there?....if anything the reapers were probably surprised he lost, since that was probably their first main interaction with humans...that's why they probably started collecting humans to study them...again: the collectors dont show a weakness for the reapers, it shows a strength and how powerful they are...

the bad writing was not following up on the reapers after 2....instead they created another species to say where the reapers came from, which led to nothing; they created a star child which led to nothing; they introduced a key reaper, which led to nothing cause we never fought him; and i can keep going....me3 dropped the ball story wise....

• Dap
Reactions: hex

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There was no Reapers in the Milky Way after Sovereign died. I don't understand how the Collectors undermine their strength in 2 when the Reapers didn't have a physical presence in our galaxy until 3.

Fred.
Put em there.

Better than the intermission that 2 actually is.

So okay - further alarm and galvanize the galaxy. Great plan. There's just too much wrong with 2.