Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I believe Andromeda is the closest galaxy to ours.

And obviously for a a real reason, Bioware had to find a way to entirely remove us from the endings of ME3.

Going to another galaxy makes it easier for them.
It's the closest galaxy, but 99% of the Milky Way hadn't been explored in the ME universe. Of course Bioware set the game far away for a fresh start, but that doesn't mean there isn't an accompanying in universe reason for it, deeper than the initiative is letting on

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think it's time we get into speculation and theories.

Cora Harper is not a coinicidence in the slightest. Literally combining Jack Harper ( The Illusive Man) and Eva Core's names.

I believe Cerberus is involved in this initiative one way or the other. Maybe not in a major role, but they definitely helped funded it on some level.

The whole A.I. thing with the father has an eerie implication to it in itself...

It's said that the offical purpose for the Andromeda Initiative is simply for "curiosity" and exploration for the sake of exploration.

I think the real purpose behind leaving is Reaper-related, and they just made the offical mission purpose more friendly instead of doomsday..

I mean there's a reason the Initiative wasn't seriously kick-started until straight after the ending of ME1. And we know what occured in the ending act of that game.

:lupe: I like this idea. TIM was probably a huge backer for the project and then Ai leaves right before TIM's full indoctrination so there's no plot hole where he would have tried to sabotage it. :wow:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
It's the closest galaxy, but 99% of the Milky Way hadn't been explored in the ME universe. Of course Bioware set the game far away for a fresh start, but that doesn't mean there isn't an accompanying in universe reason for it, deeper than the initiative is letting on

Exactly, so there's definitely something more going on to what we're being told. The in-universe reason of "just to explore"" is too weak.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
y4r4Dw.gif

every day i come on this thread you brehs discuss theories,news:blessed:..makes me feel like a kid again
cant wait:blessed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hope it is Cerberus so I can murder the fukk out of them. I love 2 but I thought it was weak as hell you had to work with them....especially after they killed all my friends in the origin I picked in part 1, and then in part 2 it's never even mentioned. :francis:

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, the signs are pointing to it being a shady mission with cerberus connections...the ship (looks a lot like the ship in 2), the ai on the ship, the harper chick, the look of the weapons/gear, etc are all cerberus looking...find it interesting that this mission started before for ME1 and knowing of the reapers....it's like they knew about the reapers before hand, which cerberus did if i recall correctly, and trying to prepare...

another thing: looking at the harper daughter, then looking at miranda, i'm starting to think TIM created miranda to fill the void of his daughter being gone while she was on this mission....

what i'm hoping for and it's a big hope: that at the end of this game, they have us come back to our galaxy, and we find out that the ending for part 3 was indoctrination for shepard....in the next game, we end up battling a reaper 'shepard' while trying to rescue the real one....and in the 3rd game: we finally get to battle the reapers, especially harbinger...been wanting to fukk him up since me2...

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Pop-The-Archon-615x359.jpg

I'm wondering Archon isn't the main villian (or even a traditional "villian") of the game and that there's a force that's much more greyer and more ambiguous than just an in-your-face, simple and plain anatagonizing threat.

Simply because in ME1, Saren was the "face" villian of the story, but eventually you figure out that the true villian of the game is really Sovereign (and by extension, the Reapers themselves). It'd be too black and white

And Bioware also stated the Kett (the one that Archon belongs to) aren't going to be a one-dimensional evil race of enemies. That they'll be sympathetic.