hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex :mjpls: Damn, breh. It ain't even Feb and you broke down and pre-ordered.

Nah for real though the site I got it from had it for $32 last month. I was gonna cop it but slept. That's 50% off man. Now it's $40 so I said "fukk it".

If the game is wack I can hold a $40 L. I was never going to buy the game at full price though.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Nah for real though the site I got it from had it for $32 last month. I was gonna cop it but slept. That's 50% off man. Now it's $40 so I said "fukk it".

If the game is wack I can hold a $40 L. I was never going to buy the game at full price though.

Fred.

What site is this:lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
What does a reboot have to do with anything?

Going into ME1, the amount you knew about Saren's relationship with the Reapers - which is his entire driving motivation - was next to nothing. If anything, Saren's relationship with the Geth was the biggest sell going into ME1.

You know exactly what kind of game this is, you just not liking that they're not ramping this up like ME3 was. There is no full-on #finishthefight end of a trilogy all hands on deck push behind this. You're an explorer, and in that sense you've already been handed a full deck on what it means to be that in this universe.

Explore.... ie, get the answers yourself lol. You're gonna get all the tools you need to go out and do just that. Factions aren't named and detailed ahead of time with feature vids on how Cerberus has amped up its military trying to keep you from your very clear goals.

You're asking for story elements that not only would inherently spoil the game, but you're asking for them in spite of never having those before in ME1 or 2.

I'll admit; I'm buggin, kinda.

They can keep the story details. Cool.

I'm not liking those combat videos.

But, I don't really like the idea of solo fighting. The game will always be about some movie, tag team type stuff.

I don't play Gears, COD or Titan, so I don't vibe with run and gun.

Again, the fact this is using the Mass Efffect name and basically whole new universe and whole new people, there is a sense that nothing will be be like 1-3.

Yea, they are saying we are gonna get back to the RPG'n in 1. SHOW US A LIL SOMETHING ON THE RPG ELEMENT.

This game will be fun. But, I'm wondering if it's gonna be Mass Effect. (if that makes sense)

Maybe being let down will help me enjoy the game when it drops. :mjplse: I'm callin' off 3/17/17, tomorrow, too.

We knew jack shyt about ME1 before it came out other than it was by BioWare and it was a third person shooter.

Trust the process. :ufdup:

:to: I don't wanna be hurt.

Fred.

Yea, I was lurking and saw your post. I'ma go back and prolly preorder, myself.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll admit; I'm buggin, kinda.

They can keep the story details. Cool.

I'm not liking those combat videos.

But, I don't really like the idea of solo fighting. The game will always be about some movie, tag team type stuff.

I don't play Gears, COD or Titan, so I don't vibe with run and gun.

Again, the fact this is using the Mass Efffect name and basically whole new universe and whole new people, there is a sense that nothing will be be like 1-3.

Yea, they are saying we are gonna get back to the RPG'n in 1. SHOW US A LIL SOMETHING ON THE RPG ELEMENT.

This game will be fun. But, I'm wondering if it's gonna be Mass Effect. (if that makes sense)

Maybe being let down will help me enjoy the game when it drops. :mjplse: I'm callin' off 3/17/17, tomorrow, too.

:to: I don't wanna be hurt.

Yea, I was lurking and saw your post. I'ma go back and prolly preorder, myself.

You won't be hurt homie. Stop being superstitious

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see both sides of the discussion @Easy-E @42 Monks

We didn't know many story details about "ME1" prior to the game but there was more in-depth videos for that game a year and a half before it came out, than there is for this game less than two months from release.

E3 2006:

X06 (XBOX gaming convention), where they mentioned the Reapers for the first time in 2006:

Not to mention there was a 20 minute game play video at E3 2007, 4 months before the game came out:

We haven't see anything like this for "Andromeda". It's kind of ridiculous.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I see both sides of the discussion @Easy-E @42 Monks

We didn't know many story details about "ME1" prior to the game but there was more in-depth videos for that game a year and a half before it came out, than there is for this game less than two months from release.

E3 2006:

X06 (XBOX gaming convention), where they mentioned the Reapers for the first time in 2006:

Not to mention there was a 20 minute game play video at E3 2007, 4 months before the game came out:

We haven't see anything like this for "Andromeda". It's kind of ridiculous.

Fred.

Also have to take into account gaming marketing has changed in 10 years

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also have to take into account gaming marketing has changed in 10 years

If we're going by that there should be more info out, not less. I can't think of another AAA title with this little info on it so close to release date. It's possible they'll ramp up promotion next month but even then doing that a month before release is virtually unheard of.

Fred.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
If we're going by that there should be more info out, not less. I can't think of another AAA title with this little info on it so close to release date. It's possible they'll ramp up promotion next month but even then doing that a month before release is virtually unheard of.

Fred.
I think releasing 10 hours of the game a week before is wack.

Just give us a real outlook of what we're getting into.

Oh @42 Monks I'm new to the new gen; I'm also worried about a broken game being released and getting patched twice over the summer.

You see they got caught with BS facial animations in the first vid. This super open world is also a big undertaking with a new engine. I also don't want a trash game, technically.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That new trailer was pretty meh. At least we got to see all the squadmates. Guess I'm stuck with the short haired woman this time.