hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If that subplot had outweighed the main plot, I'd have the same opinion.

As is, the reapers got cheapened by the mere existence of the collectors and their motivations became way too humanized (pun intended :mjgrin:) to have the same presence going forward. Just a bad path for the story from that point forward imo

What do you mean main plot? That would've been the main plot. The original premise was the Reapers wipe everyone out because without fail sentient life eventually evolves to the point they use Biotics....Biotics (for whatever reason) hastens the entropy of the universe. It draws power from the universe itself, which is why that star was dying. It happens towards the end of a 50,000 year cycle, which is why that's the time frame for the Reapers return.

They were experimenting with creating new life (like the Collectors) because they were basically trying to either breed Biotics out of all life, or develop a race that could use Biotics with out those side effects. The closest they got were the Asari.
I don't know why the Collectors cheapened the Reapers, Vigil from the first game said they use other races to do their bidding. The only part for me that was
fggghhh_zpsghsnyi4b.png
was the big ass "human" Reaper as the end boss of the game. shyt made no sense whatsoever, and it's probably why Bioware opted out of having a boss fight in 3.

Fred.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't know why the Collectors cheapened the Reapers, Vigil from the first game said they use other races to do their bidding. The only part for me that was
fggghhh_zpsghsnyi4b.png
was the big ass "human" Reaper as the end boss of the game. shyt made no sense whatsoever, and it's probably why Bioware opted out of having a boss fight in 3.

Fred.

Well the at the very end it was said that the races that are wiped out are immortalized through the reapers. The reapers were created using the sacrifices of the races they annihilate, and that's why throughout ME3 we see reapers that look like turians, krogans, etc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What do you mean main plot? That would've been the main plot. The original premise was the Reapers wipe everyone out because without fail sentient life eventually evolves to the point they use Biotics....Biotics (for whatever reason) hastens the entropy of the universe. It draws power from the universe itself, which is why that star was dying. It happens towards the end of a 50,000 year cycle, which is why that's the time frame for the Reapers return.

They were experimenting with creating new life (like the Collectors) because they were basically trying to either breed Biotics out of all life, or develop a race that could use Biotics with out those side effects. The closest they got were the Asari.
fggghhh_zpsghsnyi4b.png

Fred.
It was stupid because one reaper damn near took the hub of all sentient space in mass effect 1 - but in 2 the reapers needed to kidnap and be covert all of a sudden?

That was the main theme of ME2, not the dead star stuff.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I still remember my homeboy showin me ME2 in his dorm back in college when the game first dropped; i was tellin him about how bullshyt it was that we didn't have any black characters in video games past the stereotypical, so he told me he had a game I should try :youngsabo: .

It looked aight with the customization but it wasn't until i copped it a few weeks later and started playing it that i fell in love with that shyt. Played/beat it half a dozen times. Then went back and bought the first one, which was for cheap at that point, and played that one a few times, then played the 2nd one again with the imports lol.

If they were movies, from a story perspective I'd say ME2 felt like Blade 2 while ME1 felt like Blade 1, but both on a grander scale of course. I wasn't as wrapped up in the main story b/c the order that i was introduced to the franchise was messed up but i loved the rpg elements/character interactions.

I thought ME3 was a fun game but i thought the ending was verrrry lackluster. But I wasn't aware of the fan outrage at that point (i'm the type to avoid spoiler discussions/forums until after i finish playing); so i remember googling whatever internet forums to see what other ppl thought about the ending or to see if maybe i fukked up somewhere and there were other endings... and cotdamn at all the unexpected fukkery :merchant: lol

So now, idk... it was definitely a sour note for arguably the most fun rpg franchise i ever played. I do want this one to succeed, tho yall aren't helping with this talk about little game play footage with only 2 months to go before it drops lol

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Cancelled my pre order

The lack of transparency is giving me cold feet.

Too many other games for me to play anyway.

I'll cop at black Friday or something if it turns out well

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
loyalty being tested in here :wow:

While I 100% disagree with the ME3 slander in here I personally think the most recent game DA: I, while I played a ridiculous amount of it, was BioWare's first dud in a minute. I don't have as much faith in this one if it's going to be similar in any way