CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Is there a beta?

You can sign up for a multiplayer beta, I did it not too long ago IIRC

Mass Effect 3 is an exceptional game. It's probably the best game in the series to date. The ending might sour you on the experience but looking back on it the game itself was outstanding up until those final moments.

I wouldn't let the ending deter you from playing the game. I don't regret playing it at all despite it. I will however never play that game again. I just went on YouTube and watched the way the different scenes played out after I beat it.

The ending fiasco was way overblown. The ending was perfectly fine, gameplay of that game was >>>>

Supposedly they are waiting until February to do a full promotional roll out. Why they're waiting so long, I don't know but it doesn't sit well with me after the fiasco of "ME3".

Fred.

We did see a gameplay trailer for this, it looked a lot like DA:I as far as the open world goes

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We did see a gameplay trailer for this, it looked a lot like DA:I as far as the open world goes

We seen that trailer, it showed like 90 seconds of uninterrupted game play. The game is less than two months from release and they've shown literally zero squad combat.

When people say "game play footage" they mean people playing the game either live or at least recorded footage of a demo. 10-15 minutes at least.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Apparently there's another video coming out before the end of this week that will quell most of the negativity towards MEA

shinobi602 said:
I think the next trailer will change a lot (not all) of negative sentiment. At least the vocal minority we've seen.

:ohreallynow:

But keep expectations low, this is Bioware's hype man after all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Apparently there's another video coming out before the end of this week that will quell most of the negativity towards MEA

:ohreallynow:

But keep expectations low, this is Bioware's hype man after all.

shmm_zpsyvo21dld.png

Fred.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Question brehs, have the ever explained why most aliens have the same body types as humans? I.e 2 legs, 2 arms, stand up straight etc. Or is that just something we have to ignore?

Plenty don't like the Elchor and Hanar...technically neither do the Krogan. But if the argument is about anthropomorphism one could make the argument that on low-medium gravity worlds (like Earth) the anthropomorphic form is the best suited to adapt to the environment and create tools. I mean, humans are the only race to have seemingly mastered most of the terrain and elements here.

The genius is in the Codex about the races. Stuff about the Salarian metabolism and why Turians have carapaces and stuff like that. Its really good to thumb through that.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. CDKeys.com had it for $40, said "fukk it". If it's wack I'm putting hands and feet on Bioware at the next E3 they attend.

Fred.

I've never played much of Mass Effect games but the trailer for this one has me interested. How many worlds are we talkin? How immersive will this be? :jbhmm:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've never played much of Mass Effect games but the trailer for this one has me interested. How many worlds are we talkin? How immersive will this be? :jbhmm:

All three "Mass Effect" games are big as fukk so that's not really a problem. If you want an open world sci-fi game cop this. I'm more concerned with the story because the last game they came out with drove the story off a cliff. This is kinda a reboot. But if you've never played 1-3 that's not gonna be a problem for you.

Side note, the first game has a GOAT level introduction for a villain.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
All three "Mass Effect" games are big as fukk so that's not really a problem. If you want an open world sci-fi game cop this. I'm more concerned with the story because the last game they came out with drove the story off a cliff. This is kinda a reboot. But if you've never played 1-3 that's not gonna be a problem for you.

Side note, the first game has a GOAT level introduction for a villain.

Fred.

If they never let another Reaper speak again, the series would've been better for it.

Also, ME2 did more damage to the story than 3 ever dreamed of doing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they never let another Reaper speak again, the series would've been better for it.

Also, ME2 did more damage to the story than 3 ever dreamed of doing.

The first part, I agree with.

The second part....nah. Because the subplot about stars dying started during Tali's recruitment mission in 2. If they stuck to the script instead of changing things at the last minute the series wouldn't be perfect but story-wise people would've overlooked a lot if they nailed 3. They more or less had the Reaper's motivations locked in before 2 came out and tossed all that out the window.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The first part, I agree with.

The second part....nah. Because the subplot about stars dying started during Tali's recruitment mission in 2. If they stuck to the script instead of changing things at the last minute the series wouldn't be perfect but story-wise people would've overlooked a lot if they nailed 3. They more or less had the Reaper's motivations locked in before 2 came out and tossed all that out the window.

Fred.
If that subplot had outweighed the main plot, I'd have the same opinion.

As is, the reapers got cheapened by the mere existence of the collectors and their motivations became way too humanized (pun intended :mjgrin:) to have the same presence going forward. Just a bad path for the story from that point forward imo