Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Less control over squad members?

:camby:

I hope that doesn't mean that you don't get to pick who goes with you on missions...that has been a staple of Bioware games since forever. If they drop that....:snoop:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a beta?

Not that I know of, no. If you got EA Access or whatever it's called you'll have part of the game a little early though. I think a week.

Fred.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

:snoop:

They more info I get more meh I feel

All the voices still white, too

And these characters seem pretty bland and boring

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:snoop:

They more info I get more meh I feel

All the voices still white, too

And these characters seem pretty bland and boring

Might be only Liam is voiced by a black VA for the main cast. Bioware already confirmed it in a tweet.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Question brehs, have the ever explained why most aliens have the same body types as humans? I.e 2 legs, 2 arms, stand up straight etc. Or is that just something we have to ignore?

Because they motion cap the animations for the characters and it makes it a lot cheaper if the characters all use the same skeletal structure. Also game play wise it's been shown that players can relate more to the emotions of a character if they are humanoid. If something bad happens to a Hanar people won't care because it looks like a flying jellyfish.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still have yet to buy ME3. I want to remember the story for how it was at ME2. I think DAI was underwhelming so I want to see reviews. But even that's not safe anymore because devs are starting to buy them out too.
Mass Effect 3 is an exceptional game. It's probably the best game in the series to date. The ending might sour you on the experience but looking back on it the game itself was outstanding up until those final moments.

I wouldn't let the ending deter you from playing the game. I don't regret playing it at all despite it. I will however never play that game again. I just went on YouTube and watched the way the different scenes played out after I beat it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Question brehs, have the ever explained why most aliens have the same body types as humans? I.e 2 legs, 2 arms, stand up straight etc. Or is that just something we have to ignore?

Because they motion cap the animations for the characters and it makes it a lot cheaper if the characters all use the same skeletal structure. Also game play wise it's been shown that players can relate more to the emotions of a character if they are humanoid. If something bad happens to a Hanar people won't care because it looks like a flying jellyfish.

The Asari don't really look how we see them. They change their appearance based on who is looking at them. There was an easter egg in 2 that most people missed:

As far as the rest of the aliens, in addition to the reasons @The_Sheff gave, "Mass Effect" is a space opera like "Star Trek". This genre started in the 1940's and when they started filming sci-fi movies and TV shows they didn't have the budget for a bunch of alien types, just people in rubber suits, etc. So all the aliens looked human. This game series is a throw back to that.

Space opera is a subgenre of science fiction that emphasizes space warfare, melodramatic adventure, interplanetary battles, as well as chivalric romance, and often risk-taking. Set mainly or entirely in outer space, it usually involves conflict between opponents possessing advanced abilities, futuristic weapons, and other sophisticated technology. The term has no relation to music, but is instead a play on the terms "soap opera" and "horse opera", the latter of which was coined during the 1930s to indicate clichéd and formulaic Western movies.

Fred.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Supposedly they are waiting until February to do a full promotional roll out. Why they're waiting so long, I don't know but it doesn't sit well with me after the fiasco of "ME3".

Fred.
I just like to believe Bioware is that confident in this game to wait until a month before to start promotion. I hope I'm right because I've preordered the deluxe edition.