MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The trailers didn't ease my curiousity at all. They didn't even show squadmates in action.

You gonna have to hold judgement till either the end of this month or February. There's a media blowout coming. I'm a fan of the series and I'm still copping MEA but this marketing tactic they got going on has me :martin:

At least let the brehs finish the damn Andromeda Briefings....

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Best critique I've read of ME:A

Mass Effect Andromeda CES Trailer: 10 Reasons You Should Be Worried
10. It Feels Aimless
9. Where's The Extended Footage?
8. Potential For 'Unbelievable' Powers
7. Brawn Over Brains (Again)
6. Key Mass Effect Personnel Have Left Bioware
5. Lack Of Real Narrative Drive
4. The Khet Look Uninspired
3. That Facial Animation
2. The Happy-Go-Lucky Humour
1. The Overall Lack Of Confidence

10. It Feels Aimless

Across the last two-three years, we've seen a steep uptick in survival-based games. Or rather, games adopting mechanics from survival games to prolong replayability and longevity. Loot systems, crafting, scattered collectibles and exploration-focussed side quests are all designed to while away the hours, ensuring that through sheer time spent with a given title, you're always getting your 'money's worth'.

Now, for Andromeda, we've had it confirmed that a large portion of the game's structure is based on precisely that. You'll take your Tempest ship to all manner of planets, scan and collect tons of plants, blast creatures and engage in combat designed to let you experiment with a variety of powers and loadouts.

Thing is... that's not what Mass Effect 'is'. Or it didn't used to be, anyway.

Yes, ME2 introduced far more tactile cover-shooting, but ME3 bolstered it with generic turret sequences and stale, 'defend this point from waves of enemies' side missions.

So far - and we're just over two months away from release - all we've seen of ME:A is more of the exact same combat. Too much of the same, to be honest, and that's a real problem, considering the appeal of the franchise lies in its mythology and narrative.

:snoop: Just give em there clicks, brehs.

I'm, at best, expecting a 7/10 game that is beautiful, gives me that new age ME feeling, but, that is overall repetitive and a lackluster story with too much action for a Mass Effect game.

No preorders, for me :kanye: but, I'm eagerly waiting

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I wouldn't be surprised if there's no squad combat. This is classic EA marketing. Hide crucial info that'll disappoint the community until the last minute

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I wouldn't be surprised if there's no squad combat. This is classic EA marketing. Hide crucial info that'll disappoint the community until the last minute
They legit said youll have less control over your squad than previous game