The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Quote on me on when I said that? , I said "barely", for a reason as in cover has been minimalised, which is why you've got bland open areas with no cover similar to Dragon Age Inquisition. Look at the layout design of the battle with monster, there's barely any cover, it's all open and you're being encouraged to just strafe, run and gun. It's like an MMO. If that was in Mass Effect 2/3 there would have been cover all over the place.

And it was the worst part of the game which is why they removed it from 2 & 3. It was also optional. But you can keep acting as if the games didn't evolve. There's no point in open world and "exploration" if the worlds are going to be barren, empty, barely detailed and repetitive. Look at the worlds they've shown it's just a bunch of rocks and mountains because they can't put the required detail into them. What is the damn point of making it big and open if you cant do it in the first place?

The cover should make sense for the environment. In the area with the mech there is plenty of cover, the player just didnt use it because they were playing as a vanguard, the class that is designed to be in the enemies face. An engineer wouldnt have the same play style as a vanguard. The area with the monster didnt have cover because it was an open field! It was wack how in the later games you would be travelling through what seemed like a sensible environment and then you look ahead and its a hallway or room with nothing but thigh high walls. That right there let you know its time for the enemies to show up and it happened over and over again.

Mass Effect should be more than just a hallway shooter, its also a space exploration game. People wanted the exploration from the first game improved, not outright removed. All they had to improve from ME1 is the mako and reduce the generic enemy camps and make them more of a unique encounter. It looks as if they have done that here. As far as the barren planet goes, well two things the point of the game is to find a new home for the species in the Milky Way, which requires going to unexplored planets and finding out if they are habitable. And secondly, there are plenty of places on Earth where if i dropped your ass off you would think its just a barren, empty, repetitive environment.

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The only thing that was garbage was the new facial animations and dialogue. shyt was weird af

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Sentinel?!? What are the abilities of that again?!:dahell:

I ran Sentinel and it was a beast. It was the only class that let you run a tech burst and biotic explosion without using another squad mate. EDI was a sentinel and it really wasn't fair running with her as we would get all type of explosion bonuses going and mow down everything. Seriously we would have it looking like the 4th of July in there.

Sentinels have overload, warp, throw, tech armor, and lift grenades. Pick Reave as your bonus power and you have very effective ways of destroying synthetic and organic enemies.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'll say this; in the trailer a lot of the action does look like Inquisition, especially the big monster fight. But, hopefully all that was to show off how better moving around in a fight is.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I ran Sentinel and it was a beast. It was the only class that let you run a tech burst and biotic explosion without using another squad mate. EDI was a sentinel and it really wasn't fair running with her as we would get all type of explosion bonuses going and mow down everything. Seriously we would have it looking like the 4th of July in there.

Sentinels have overload, warp, throw, tech armor, and lift grenades. Pick Reave as your bonus power and you have very effective ways of destroying synthetic and organic enemies.

Not my cup of Tea I prefer being the Vanguard... :lolbron::wow::blessed:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Sentinels were overpowered as hell. Apparently people here liked running around like bulls in a China shop.

I had a lot of fun doing infiltrator too.