Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Also, the entire battle footage in this trailer was pretty much just showing off the Vanguard class.

Vanguard was always the "out in the open" class style.

Different play styles will lead to different systems of "cover".

If you paid attention towards the end, you could see an Inflitrator sequence where Ryder is crouching against a rock as cover, and then uses his invisbility cloak, before sniping an enemy. That sequence could fit right in the original trilogy. As a big fan of Inflitrator I recognized that immediately.

So they really are encompassing all the classes.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like :trash:, it looks like an MMO and Dragon Age Inquisition with a Mass Effect skin:scust:

There's barely any cover in the combat

They never should have made this open world. You can already see how the worlds are going to end up bland, empty and barren along with the repetitive gameplay like at 2:48 just like every open world game not called Grand Theft Auto.

fukk Bioware and EA for this bullshyt.

Who dafuq enjoys cover in combat. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Quote on me on when I said that? , I said "barely", for a reason as in cover has been minimalised, which is why you've got bland open areas with no cover similar to Dragon Age Inquisition. Look at the layout design of the battle with monster, there's barely any cover, it's all open and you're being encouraged to just strafe, run and gun. It's like an MMO. If that was in Mass Effect 2/3 there would have been cover all over the place.
why the fukk would a fantasy themed rpg use a cover system? :dahell:

what's wrong with moving during combat? i mean wtf

Mass Effect 2 was nothing but cluttered fukking hallways and one way streets with the occasional open area for an arena type setup or boss and most of those were trash :dead:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's what uncolonized land looks like. :why:

America was a bunch of grass and trees and mountains before cacs came here.:pachaha:

And the environments look to be very dynamic. There's wildlife, changing weather, and different ozones.

It's a design choice from the developers to get around them not being able to fully detail/fill the worlds. There's no excuse for them to be barren and empty, might as well bring back planet scanning" which was implemented to stop players aimlessly wandering around a large open map that's... barely detailed. Because that's ecactly what the worlds/maps will be.

why would there be strategically placed covers in the middle of an unexplored world and when unexpectedly fighting a monster?

The only plausible covers should be in place that have been discovered.

In ME1 when you came upon a thresher maw there wasn't any cover.

If you watch the gameplay carefully, you can see when you're pulling up on certain posts and settlements they have cover in the area.

Why wouldn't there be if it's a cover game :snoop:

And again I never said the game had no cover I said it's being "minimalised" to push the open world/MMO aspect.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
why the fukk would a fantasy themed rpg use a cover system? :dahell:

I never said it did. I said they've minimalised the cover in Mass Effect (a cover based shooter) to make it more like Dragon Age Inquisition/MMO's which was are open games where you just run up to the enemies.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never said it did. I said they've minimalised the cover in Mass Effect (a cover based shooter) to make it more like Dragon Age Inquisition/MMO's which was are open games where you just run up to the enemies.
And why is that bad? :jbhmm:

From that one demo level of a gameplay trailer, there's more than enough cover to fit any playstyle - unlike the Mass Effect 2 corridor based style that inherently limited player movement because they didn't have the capacity to functionally deal with it. Cover based games lock players into an area because developers can't deal with the variables that come with openness. You shyt on MMOs, but they all (even the earliest), gave players the tools they needed to deal it.

Most FPS games now 'experiment' with the idea of giving players a 180 button :dead:you're giving props to a handicap that developers have given players.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea just move all life to another galaxy, simple endeavor :mjlol:
:mjlol: They going out into the unknown with NO IDEA what's out there in another entire Galaxy with no way to call for help or what hostile species want them dead...

Good idea.... :heh:

wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

I didn't say anything about all life. I said the group going to Andromeda exists to find a new home and repopulate it. Prior to this game it was "defeat the Reapers or face extinction". Now, extinction isn't a factor.

Fred.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
And why is that bad? :jbhmm:

It's makes the game feel arcadish and less challenging. You also inevitably end up getting crap gunplay. Enemies aren't even staggering in the video, the guns have no recoil or impact.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's makes the game feel arcadish and less challenging. You also inevitably end up getting crap gunplay. Enemies aren't even staggering in the video, the guns have no recoil or impact.
There's roughly the same amount of stagger seen in the trailer as there was in Mass Effect 2 and 3 :francis: even on spread/aoe impacts in there you see varying degrees of stagger on enemies. Of course I giant robot isn't going to budge. It never did in the first 3.

and challenging man? How's trading fire behind a box until your enemy is worn down challenging? :scust: There's nothing challenging or rewarding about that kind of gameplay. That's why the emphasis on it was greatly reduced from ME2 to ME3.