I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Notes from the video I posted;
  • It's a clean break form 1-3 with "nods to the trilogy"
  • Krogan still have the Genophage
  • Lighter hearted story as a opposed to the sense of urgency of the impeding Reaper invasion
  • Native controller support from PC
  • Ending a mix of ME1 + 2 :laugh:
  • Not necessarily planning a trilogy
  • Codex from trilogy plus new (no narration)
  • They maintain the flavor of the trilogy; like the look and music, but, updated
  • Played it close to the chest
  • "[100%]polished and balanced" in reference to what they are working on it the game

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

So about Sloan Kelly from the gameplay trailer and from the Initiative website -- I've been wondering in the game if she's going to be a straight up villian and mini-boss that you have to battle with and just move on from, or can she be persuaded to work by your side and collaborate with you.

I've been hoping for the latter because I realized Mass Effect has never had a notable black female character in the series. For a studio praised so much for it's supposed diversity it's a pretty glaring oversight.

The original had practically no notable black female characthers. For us brehs there was a very good handful throughout the entire trilogy. There was only one important black female characther in the grand scheme of things in the entire trilogy, and she was just a villian in a DLC...

Krogan still have the Genophage??? :why:

Some of you dudes are really lost when it's not that complicated.

The Arks travel to Andromeda after ME2, but before ME3 ever happens.

So yeah, they still have it. Atleast the ones who went on the ark before a cure could possibly be foreseeable.

Andromeda is basically both a prequel and a sequel at the same time.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Krogan still have the Genophage??? :why:

What you expect? :comeon: They left the galaxy before Wrex and Shepard came through with the W. BTW, it shouldn't be a big deal this time. What made the genophage so dangerous was the Krogan on Krogan crime :mjpls: Brehs were too warlike and bodying each other when they should have been putting their heads together to focus on breeding. This was what Wrex tried to do but he was getting the :camby:

I'm thinking maybe it's mostly the chill Krogan that signed up for the AI trip.

Unless the scientists on board make updates to the genophage, Krogan should be good.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

So about Sloan Kelly from the gameplay trailer and from the Initiative website -- I've been wondering in the game if she's going to be a straight up villian and mini-boss that you have to battle with and just move on from, or can she be persuaded to work by your side and collaborate with you.

I've been hoping for the latter because I realized Mass Effect has never had a notable black female character in the series. For a studio praised so much for it's supposed diversity it's a pretty glaring oversight.

The original had practically no notable black female characthers. For us brehs there was a very good handful throughout the entire trilogy. There was only one important black female characther in the grand scheme of things in the entire trilogy, and she was just a villian in a DLC...

Looks like she's being set up as an Aria type of character in the game. Sounds like she's voiced by Indira Varma too.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

So yeah, they still have it. Atleast the ones who went on the ark before a cure could possibly be foreseeable.

come onnnnnnn

how much of the cast is alien? :heh: this is the game for that?

and bioware is the studio you want to single out ?

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Looks like she's being set up as an Aria type of character in the game. Sounds like she's voiced by Indira Varma too.

Yeah it's definitely Aria vibes in the trailer, although I suspect she's not the only one in Andromeda trying to gain clout and control settlements in the local region. Very wild west.
come onnnnnnn

how much of the cast is alien? :heh: this is the game for that?

and bioware is the studio you want to single out ?

Not a lot, actually. ME is a human-centric story if you really paid attention to it, and you play a human soldier dedicated to protecting humanity and serving de facto human interests. The game wasn't just about "ALIENS" or aliens' relationship to humanity, it's actually about humanity's relation to aliens from their POV.
And they're humanoid aliens, at that. :comeon:

Also they were able to shoehorn LGBT identity in the series as well with no sweat. Did similar things in Dragon Age.

I'm not singling out Bioware, I just find it confusing for a studio that champions itself (or at least fans do) on inclusivity to not go the whole 9 yards and be accurate. :yeshrug:

It's weird to see all these prominent black males in the series but not any black females, as if they didn't really exist.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah it's definitely Aria vibes in the trailer, although I suspect she's not the only one in Andromeda trying to gain clout and control settlements in the local region. Very wild west.

Not a lot, actually. ME is a human-centric story if you really paid attention to it, and you play a human soldier dedicated to protecting humanity and serving de facto human interests. The game was just about "ALIENS" or aliens' relationship to humanity, it's actually about humanity's relation to aliens from their POV.
And they're humanoid aliens, at that. :comeon:

Also they were able to shoehorn LGBT identity in the series as well with no sweat. Did similar things in Dragon Age.

I'm not singling out Bioware, I just find it confusing for a studio that champions itself (or at least fans do) on inclusivity to not go the whole 9 yards and be accurate. :yeshrug:

It's weird to see all these prominent black males in the series but not any black females, as if they didn't really exist.
Okay sure. Fight that fight.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Okay sure. Fight that fight.

Also not really fighting. Just interested to see how they play the diversity in this one and wondering what their outlook and perspective going to be.

we saw a breh already in the promos.

Andromeda Initiative - Official AI Site

I'm still confused as to whether this is Liam or not (one fo your human squadmates).

Apparently he's somewhat confirmed to be black, but his characther icon from the gameplay trailer showed presumably cac hair.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I mean yeah I figured as much, but still you know... :what: I was like that's fukked up...