ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm halfway through the trailer now, it looks interesting... I hope they give us a literal huge universe to explore and people to come into contact with that's not even connected to the main story... :ehh: I may cop after I get a new ps4...

YOU BETTER NOT fukk THIS UP EA... :ufdup:

Mass-Effect-Andromeda.png

I'm loving the design of this tempest ship... Cmdr Sheppard would be proud... :mjcry::salute:

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
The relationships, universe, and storytelling is what made ME so great. As much as it sounds like I like picking it apart, I really, really love the series. There are more great moments in single entries to this series than other entire collections of game. For example, I think Noveria from ME1 is an almost perfect act. That one set piece is better than some entire games.

I don't mind the indoctrination stuff. I just don't like how it was implemented. In one game a single reaper runs through the entire Citadel fleet and has one of the greatest operatives in the galaxy so shook that he decides to sell all of known space into slavery to appease the reapers so MAYBE they don't destroy the galaxy. In another game, you're fighting one on foot. Indoctrination could've been the tool of a different entity. The collectors should've never been a direct arm of the reapers either. Never made any kind of sense.

This post is gold. Funny when someone mentioned the collectors I was like "OH YEAH, that was a thing." What I personally remember ME2 for was the characters and how much of it was based on the characters to the point it was a basic formula. Recruit characters abcd. next group of missions was Loyalty quests for ABC and D. Then final mission boom. shyt was barely about the collectors in reality.

BUT yeah ME1 set up the universe so nicely. Ill never forget that whole story, that one was RAW. Nobody can say shyt about that game period aside from that one Mako mission(plus Mako resource collection BS), and fukking elevator load times.

I know some peeps liked the gameplay overhaul from 2 but I liked the more RPG'esque nature of one. That ability wheel with MAD shyt on it for all ur characters, so much variety leading to crazier set ups and strategies. Customizable armor and weapons...All that shyt got so streamlined. By ME3 you were just playing Gears of War with a hint of magic.:manny:

llt23

All Star
Daps
m1-powerwheel.jpg

Brehs I miss this shyt and I know we aint ever getting it back :mjcry:
Look at the number of abilities brehs :dwillhuh:

Not saying its a dealbreaker, but damn. Need to pick up ME on steam and replay this shyt:wow:

EDIT- COPPED for PC to replay :ahh:
Mass Effect Trilogy only $10.99 at Green Man Gaming!
Trilogy 80 percent off right now, 9.99 for PC :leon::lawd:

BTW if any1 does cop on PC note that for whatever reason pad support isnt there, gotta install this mod ME1Controller at Mass Effect Nexus - Mods and community basically looks like copy paste into config folder.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
m1-powerwheel.jpg

Brehs I miss this shyt and I know we aint ever getting it back :mjcry:
Look at the number of abilities brehs :dwillhuh:

Some of those emblems down there are shyt that makes the combat work properly, like that sniper rifle emblem. fukking bad ass space marine couldnt even handle a gun and you needed that sniper rifle power to even use that gun properly. One of them is armor aka damage reduction and another is team member revive, both were handled better in subsequent games. In Mass Effect 3 you may have had access to one less power but with the branching trees you could customize those powers to your play style.

And man, that inventory system was awful. You would be full of about 9 levels of the same type of armor and ammo and would have to scroll through all that shyt to see what was the most powerful then you also had to check your squadmates because Wrex might have level 4 tungsten rounds when everyone else has level 7 and you might end up turning some level 6 rounds to omni gel instead of swapping with Wrex.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Some of those emblems down there are shyt that makes the combat work properly, like that sniper rifle emblem. fukking bad ass space marine couldnt even handle a gun and you needed that sniper rifle power to even use that gun properly. One of them is armor aka damage reduction and another is team member revive, both were handled better in subsequent games. In Mass Effect 3 you may have had access to one less power but with the branching trees you could customize those powers to your play style.

And man, that inventory system was awful. You would be full of about 9 levels of the same type of armor and ammo and would have to scroll through all that shyt to see what was the most powerful then you also had to check your squadmates because Wrex might have level 4 tungsten rounds when everyone else has level 7 and you might end up turning some level 6 rounds to omni gel instead of swapping with Wrex.

Yeah inventory had issues but their answer to it was fukk inventory altogether, heres 1 of each class of gun with maybe 1 better one later in the game. Id rather have the problem of too much than for the game to be too streamlined. Inventory management is a thing in RPGs. They coulda cleaned it up without outright removing it. It is another reason why the series feels less RPG like now.

Plus character upgrades and all that were super streamlined too, so ME1 truly gave you the most unique experience, your shepard prob is not the same as any1 elses, where as in 2 or 3 I wouldnt be surprised if thousands of players ran the same shyt.