MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think its easier to say that they all sucked, rather than the only good ones were the gay ones. :hubie:

Except Female Elf/Solas - that shyt had zero reason to be as good as it was. It actually made too much sense to not be a central plot line in some way in my opinion, changed the way the final DLC and 'real' ending played out too.

Yeah, you right. I think most Bioware fans agree that most of the romances across their games were shallow and awkward as shyt. I heard about Fem. Elf and Solas. Unfortunately the female elf I made was only into shemlens :skip:

IMO Bioware are better at friendships. I did a perfect good guy run, a straight atheist Inquisitor breh that made friends with everybody (romanced non-Divine Cassandra) and I realized I misjudged Sera after 3 playthroughs. That arm you get in the ending credits :banderas:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, you right. I think most Bioware fans agree that most of the romances across their games were shallow and awkward as shyt. I heard about Fem. Elf and Solas. Unfortunately the female elf I made was only into shemlens :skip:

IMO Bioware are better at friendships. I did a perfect good guy run, a straight atheist Inquisitor breh that made friends with everybody (romanced non-Divine Cassandra) and I realized I misjudged Sera after 3 playthroughs. That arm you get in the ending credits :banderas:
Yeah, everybody lost on Sera because people wanted the typical hot elf stereotype. She's one of the best characters through all of their games once you bring yourself to stop hating her :russ:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So this andromeda ship is in another galaxy and has NO idea what happened to earth after the reaper war??? :patrice:

So its Star Trek Voyager all over again...

Has that been confirmed?

Andromeda Initiative launched 2185. They leave around the time Shepard is getting rebuilt by Cerberus or little bit maybe after. The program was on for nine years before that though.

Bioware says they did that so that many of the characters that joined the program didn't join for reasons like "the reapers are coming." They probably won't go for it but Bioware could update the main trilogy by adding codecs and journals hinting at the Andromeda Initiative to have it make more sense if they wanted.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The reality is the romance's got more wack as time went on cause they had to cater to the gays. In ME1 you could romance all the chicks and maybe they let you be gay with Kaiden Alenko, I dunno cause why would I play that? :yeshrug:

Now they have to spend time and resources developing gay romance even though the majority of gamers wont ever see those scenes. I get it, gays exist and play games but it aint that serious to make it equal gay to not gay ratio when in real life thats not the rate. :manny: DA Inquisition literally had more gay romances then straight ones. Why?

How many of yall ever seen any of the gay romance scenes programmed into these games? Gonna go with none. Waste of money.:manny:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
The reality is the romance's got more wack as time went on cause they had to cater to the gays. In ME1 you could romance all the chicks and maybe they let you be gay with Kaiden Alenko, I dunno cause why would I play that? :yeshrug:

Now they have to spend time and resources developing gay romance even though the majority of gamers wont ever see those scenes. I get it, gays exist and play games but it aint that serious to make it equal gay to not gay ratio when in real life thats not the rate. :manny: DA Inquisition literally had more gay romances then straight ones. Why?

How many of yall ever seen any of the gay romance scenes programmed into these games? Gonna go with none. Waste of money.:manny:
This is a very weird and strange complaint.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, everybody lost on Sera because people wanted the typical hot elf stereotype. She's one of the best characters through all of their games once you bring yourself to stop hating her :russ:

Yep, thought it fair to actually get to know her since she and Blackwall get along so well. Hope she's in DA4. I read a theory somewhere that she may be a reincarnated Andruil.

I hope all the homies make it, especially Varric. Breh gives you a place, a job, and key to the city in case you don't want to run the Inquisition anymore :mjcry:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So this andromeda ship is in another galaxy and has NO idea what happened to earth after the reaper war??? :patrice:

So its Star Trek Voyager all over again...

Has that been confirmed?

Andromeda Initiative launched 2185. They leave around the time Shepard is getting rebuilt by Cerberus or little bit maybe after. The program was on for nine years before that though.

Bioware says they did that so that many of the characters that joined the program didn't join for reasons like "the reapers are coming." They probably won't go for it but Bioware could update the main trilogy by adding codecs and journals hinting at the Andromeda Initiative to have it make more sense if they wanted.

The problem is it takes 600 years to get to the Andromeda Galaxy. So this game is 600 years after the original trilogy.

Not saying it's impossible....this is sci fi after all....but I don't see any way this team would know what happened on Earth. I doubt any of them would ever see Earth again, anyway.

Kinda of a lame cop out if you ask me. :manny:

Fred.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The problem is it takes 600 years to get to the Andromeda Galaxy. So this game is 600 years after the original trilogy.

Not saying it's impossible....this is sci fi after all....but I don't see any way this team would know what happened on Earth. I doubt any of them would ever see Earth again, anyway.

Fred.

Knowing what happened on Earth would be as simple as some form of communication with the ship before it got too far away from the Milky Way, whether it be directly to them if it’s a time/relativity deal or if they’re asleep the entire time, some sort of message sent to the ship.

I don’t get why people are jumping to that conclusion just because of the setting. Not to mention, some races can live that long.

Whether or not they know or not we don’t know, but there’s zero way we can assume either way

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

Not sure what you mean by cop out. You mean the Andromeda team not getting info on what happens to Earth?

They're on a one way trip to another galaxy and they leave before the shyt starts. Why does it matter?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Knowing what happened on Earth would be as simple as some form of communication with the ship before it got too far away from the Milky Way, whether it be directly to them if it’s a time/relativity deal or if they’re asleep the entire time, some sort of message sent to the ship.

I don’t get why people are jumping to that conclusion just because of the setting. Not to mention, some races can live that long.

Whether or not they know or not we don’t know, but there’s zero way we can assume either way

According to the various trailers, they are asleep the whole trip.

Just the way this is set up....I doubt they'll mention the original trilogy at all. They've done everything in their power to distance the new game from it.

Not sure what you mean by cop out. You mean the Andromeda team not getting info on what happens to Earth?

They're on a one way trip to another galaxy and they leave before the shyt starts. Why does it matter?

Why does it matter?

By that logic the whole trilogy was pointless. It was pointless, really. This team was going to Andromeda anyway, regardless of the outcome on Earth....so why were we trying to save Earth?

I get that this happened before part 3 when the shyt hit the fan but if all we had to do was relocate to another galaxy it kinda undermines the Reaper threat.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Just the way this is set up....I doubt they'll mention the original trilogy at all. They've done everything in their power to distance the new game from it.

Why does it matter?

By that logic the whole trilogy was pointless. It was pointless, really. This team was going to Andromeda anyway, regardless of the outcome on Earth....so why were we trying to save Earth?

I get that this happened before part 3 when the shyt hit the fan but if all we had to do was relocate to another galaxy it kinda undermines the Reaper threat.

Fred.

:patrice: I don't think so, breh. You'd have a point if the Andromeda Initiative was created because of the Reaper threat and I don't think the whole galaxy is just going to go on a mass exodus on a threat that council races were downplaying in the first place.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I don't think so, breh. You'd have a point if the Andromeda Initiative was created because of the Reaper threat and I don't think the whole galaxy is just going to go on a mass exodus on a threat that council races were downplaying in the first place.

Nah, not the whole galaxy. I'm not even saying this is what they should've done.

I'm saying, if the Reapers only operate in the Milky Way galaxy, how much of a threat are they? If this game can exist completely independent of the events on Earth...like you said "why does it matter?"....then it undermines the threat. Earth could be gone, humans are still thriving in another galaxy....so why make three games about some shyt that is, in the end, pointless?

Fred.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Why does it matter?

Fred.
How is it pointless? Even if the races would have survived, we'recommend talking billions (trillions?) of lives lost and the history of an entire galaxy along with it. In ME you're fighting to save humanity (and every other species) as it has existed forever, 100k people colonizing a planet 600 years away isn't even a consolation prize if you lose.

And I just don't get why some of ya'll are being doom and gloom about the series ties to the first. Nothing to me suggests they're throwing it all away. Of course they're not coming out and saying what things will tie it to the old series, they're playing the entire story close to the chest, much less little continuity nods

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How is it pointless? Even if the races would have survived, we'recommend talking billions (trillions?) of lives lost and the history of an entire galaxy along with it. In ME you're fighting to save humanity (and every other species) as it has existed forever, 100k people colonizing a planet 600 years away isn't even a consolation prize if you lose.

And I just don't get why some of ya'll are being doom and gloom about the series ties to the first. Nothing to me suggests they're throwing it all away. Of course they're not coming out and saying what things will tie it to the old series, they're playing the entire story close to the chest, much less little continuity nods

Why are we doom and gloom? :mjlol:

Gee....I dunno. Because they fukked up this very thing we're discussing, in their last game.

And for the record I'm not saying anything either way. I'm saying, if they went through the trouble of removing this game from the original trilogy....by 2.5 million light years and 600 years....then it doesn't seem like they want to connect to it. I could be wrong.

Lastly, 100k (or whatever number) colonizing a planet 600 years away is a pretty fukking good alternative to 0 people surviving, which was the stakes before "Andromeda". Prior to this game, it was you defeat the Reapers, or life in the Milky Way galaxy completely ceases to exist. Now, there is survivors no matter what happens.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
All I know is if we get a council-like representation of the Milky Way (as was teased by the developer), we better not get a member that goes "Sheppard saving the galaxy is a myth humans invented to get ahead" :pacspit: :mizzark:

• Dap
Reactions: hex