Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Nobody believed the Reapers existed until they attacked in 3

No ,you're wrong. The Reapers have always been a plausible myth and rumor in the ME universe believed by many peope..

After Soverign's attack it pretty much became a confirmation of people's fears.

The Citadel Council and the government people of several speices were the only ones that stubbornly didn't believe the Reapers existed,

Outwardly at least, because in ME3 you learn the reason the council were unpreprared were because they wanted to uphold stability and delay panic long enough for polical advantage. They were merely pretending they didn't exist to for their own interests.

The asari councilor in ME3 had a Prothean beacon all along that could have prevented a war with the reapers before it even started, but kept it a secret up until Thessia finally got their shyt pushed in.

After Saren's attack, the average being is not shying away from any fact that the Reapers exist. Most of the Systems Alliance believed Shepard. It is only politicians and people in power and those with personal interests that scoff at the idea.

All of you are making the story more complicated than it is.

The Andromeda Initiative is formed by private rich interests by an unknown group of species/people that was formed for the mere matter of exploration because a lot of money can make anything achievable.

Private interests mean there's nothing about "beef" between the governments of species that's going to be a hindrance to anything other than their goals.

Post-Soverign it transforms into a survival program because the galaxy just got their first wake-up call and due to the huge possibility that Soverign isn't only the Reaper out there and that there's going to be more. it becomes a matter of life or extinction.

The Initiative is launched after Shepard's victory against Soverign, after his death, and before the Reapers arrive. That's perfect timing.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I still can't get over the decision to make a Prothean party member paid DLC :francis:

My second playthrough I ended up forking over the cash for him only to discover.... he had a ton of interesting and substantial input. He should've been free. He was intended to be there from the start.

The Prothean DLC and Leviathan DLC definitely should've been included in game. Javik was my favorite squad member. He had so much useful and intriguing dialogue. I took him and Liara on every mission :wow:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The Prothean DLC and Leviathan DLC definitely should've been included in game. Javik was my favorite squad member. He had so much useful and intriguing dialogue. I took him and Liara on every mission :wow:
He was so fukking rightfully bitter :lawd: Javik had bars for everybody on the ship

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I still can't get over the decision to make a Prothean party member paid DLC :francis:

My second playthrough I ended up forking over the cash for him only to discover.... he had a ton of interesting and substantial input. He should've been free. He was intended to be there from the start.

He was so fukking rightfully bitter :lawd: Javik had bars for everybody on the ship

I think the Javik DLC came with the PS3 version, I believe

I have 3 on all 3 platforms from last gen

And I have 2 on PC, PS3

The PS3 version of 2 had that decent DLC with the Shadowbroker

yea, They sold out to EA with this mess

I never play Leviathan, I read the plot of that one, but, I might just watch it on YT

llt23

All Star
Daps
Reading through this thread completely forgot that ME3 had that shytty multiplayer implemented, and you had to play it in order to get something, cant remember what but I remember being pissed. I wish they would just scrap the whole multiplayer shyt, nobody is looking at ME and thinking they want multiplayer.

My other hope is that RPG elements are still around. By ME3 the game was getting super streamlined in terms of character upgrades, and combat barely felt like an RPG. The trailers do look awesome but gotta point out the shyt that bothered me and concern me for this franchise. ME1 was truly groundbreaking, 2 was a dope sequel that fixed ME1 flaws but added its own, and 3 was ehh. Still a great series so I hope they dont disappoint. But EA brehs. Microtransactions and bullshyt probably will appear

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Reading through this thread completely forgot that ME3 had that shytty multiplayer implemented, and you had to play it in order to get something, cant remember what but I remember being pissed. I wish they would just scrap the whole multiplayer shyt, nobody is looking at ME and thinking they want multiplayer.

My other hope is that RPG elements are still around. By ME3 the game was getting super streamlined in terms of character upgrades, and combat barely felt like an RPG. The trailers do look awesome but gotta point out the shyt that bothered me and concern me for this franchise. ME1 was truly groundbreaking, 2 was a dope sequel that fixed ME1 flaws but added its own, and 3 was ehh. Still a great series so I hope they dont disappoint. But EA brehs. Microtransactions and bullshyt probably will appear
a lot of people thought you needed the multiplayer to get the full ending

you didn't

ME1 wasn't groundbreaking, it was just ambitious with a matching budget. It didn't do anything Alpha Protocol didn't do with a fraction of the money behind it. It's open world stuff was just dope simply because no one other than Japan bothered with free roam scifi like that.

3's combat was dope though. ME2 may as well have been Gears Effect with how stiff everything was

also they already said that they won't throw microtransactions in but its EA so they'll probably have something near what Destiny does now to appease all parties

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
ME1 wasn't groundbreaking, it was just ambitious with a matching budget. It didn't do anything Alpha Protocol didn't do with a fraction of the money behind it. It's open world stuff was just dope simply because no one other than Japan bothered with free roam scifi like that.

3's combat was dope though. ME2 may as well have been Gears Effect with how stiff everything was

also they already said that they won't throw microtransactions in but its EA so they'll probably have something near what Destiny does now to appease all parties

According to the stats, it (ME1) was ground breaking for the type of genre it was. No one was doing Scifi action like Bioware at the time. These guys did both Knights of the Old Republic, so it was really no surprise. Comparing it to Alpha Protocol is laughable given the fact that it didn't live up to the hype nor did it get recognized as anything above average.

EA butchered the series and tried to make 2 and 3 a Gears clone, which polarized fans. It didn't help that as soon as EA stepped in, the RPG elements were stripped and or reduced and more focus was put on the combat...which was nice but this wasn't a series that needed to remove core elements, it simply needed to add (ala the Witcher series).

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No ,you're wrong. The Reapers have always been a plausible myth and rumor in the ME universe believed by many peope..

After Soverign's attack it pretty much became a confirmation of people's fears.

The Citadel Council and the government people of several speices were the only ones that stubbornly didn't believe the Reapers existed,

Outwardly at least, because in ME3 you learn the reason the council were unpreprared were because they wanted to uphold stability and delay panic long enough for polical advantage. They were merely pretending they didn't exist to for their own interests.

The asari councilor in ME3 had a Prothean beacon all along that could have prevented a war with the reapers before it even started, but kept it a secret up until Thessia finally got their shyt pushed in.

That shyt had me heated. :martin:

Everybody still trying to get on the come up with so much at stake. That's why I :pacspit: at the Salarian ho that tried to get me to trick Wrex.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
The initiative was started because the Reapers isn’t canon from Bioware though. That’s just been fans connecting dots. The initiative could easily have been a result of simply furthering exploration into space, especially given the involvement of humans. The human race in the series is accused of being late to the party and trying to speed through making an actual place for themselves in the galactic community. Pushing themselves farther out into unknown reaches than other races when they barely know anything about space as it is. Humanity’s impatience and eagerness is a major sticking point with the other races in the first series.

Now this is me just connecting dots. My interpretation of the situation in this game is that after Shep saves the Citadel and a human gets placed on the council, humanity’s first act as a player in the community is to suggest this massive peace-time project. After Saracen’s attack, everyone is convinced there is no threat and everything is normal. This is the perfect time for some diplomacy, excessive state spending, and goodwill optimism.

After everyone came together to defeat Saracen, they come together for this grand mission.

What do you mean the Reapers aren't cannon.... that makes no sense.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
:jbhmm:

This is interesting because during the original "Mass Effect" trilogy humans having an Embassy on the Council is a new and relatively controversial idea.

And the events in 2 and 3 obviously aren't 20 years after the first game.

So this seems to suggest the Reaper situation was resolved, and 20 years after that they started the Andromeda Initiative to look for a new home. The part of the story that takes place in the Andromeda galaxy would have to be 600 years later, though.

Regardless, if they don't mention Shepard and the events and characters of the trilogy I'm gonna be pissed. He'd be a legend, even 600 years later. He's the whole reason life exists to start the Andromeda Initiative, after all.

Fred.
That's why they can miss me with that 600 years bullshyt because I have a feeling that's exactly what they'll do.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The game is gonna take place 600 years later (atleast that is what I took --I stamped it---)

• Dap
Reactions: hex