MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Why are we doom and gloom? :mjlol:

Gee....I dunno. Because they fukked up this very thing we're discussing, in their last game.

And for the record I'm not saying anything either way. I'm saying, if they went through the trouble of removing this game from the original trilogy....by 2.5 million light years and 600 years....then it doesn't seem like they want to connect to it. I could be wrong.

Well Bioware already said they wanted to start fresh. With how unhappy fans were with ME3's ending it was either this or a re-imagining of the trilogy.

Lastly, 100k (or whatever number) colonizing a planet 600 years away is a pretty fukking good alternative to 0 people surviving, which was the stakes before "Andromeda". Prior to this game, it was you defeat the Reapers, or life in the Milky Way galaxy completely ceases to exist. Now, there is survivors no matter what happens.

Fred.

:stop: Nah, pre-space flight species would have been safe. One way all the races could have avoided the Reaper threat was to completely dead their technology and not use Reaper tech. Species like the Yahg or the Raloi would have probably had the next cycle if Humans and the rest failed to stop the Reapers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:stop: Nah, pre-space flight species would have been safe. One way all the races could have avoided the Reaper threat was to completely dead their technology and not use Reaper tech. Species like the Yahg or the Raloi would have probably had the next cycle if Humans and the rest failed to stop the Reapers.

I meant in terms of the original trilogy, breh. Shepard wasn't fighting for random aliens living in caves or fringe races that couldn't even leave their planet. The stakes were, every character, race and place in the original trilogy completely wiped out. But now we find out some of them escaped anyway, so it lowers the stakes a bit.

Fred.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Has that been confirmed?

Nope.

The problem is it takes 600 years to get to the Andromeda Galaxy. So this game is 600 years after the original trilogy.

Not saying it's impossible....this is sci fi after all....but I don't see any way this team would know what happened on Earth. I doubt any of them would ever see Earth again, anyway.

Kinda of a lame cop out if you ask me. :manny:

Fred.
According to the various trailers, they are asleep the whole trip.

Just the way this is set up....I doubt they'll mention the original trilogy at all. They've done everything in their power to distance the new game from it.

Why does it matter?

By that logic the whole trilogy was pointless. It was pointless, really. This team was going to Andromeda anyway, regardless of the outcome on Earth....so why were we trying to save Earth?

I get that this happened before part 3 when the shyt hit the fan but if all we had to do was relocate to another galaxy it kinda undermines the Reaper threat.

Fred.

I'm coming around to your way of thinking

Yes, they should be obligating to reward the long time fans with a real recognition of the trilogy or name it Space Field Trip: Andromeda

I'm preordering this off the strenght of the brand and emotions from the trilogy

Knowing what happened on Earth would be as simple as some form of communication with the ship before it got too far away from the Milky Way, whether it be directly to them if it’s a time/relativity deal or if they’re asleep the entire time, some sort of message sent to the ship.

I don’t get why people are jumping to that conclusion just because of the setting. Not to mention, some races can live that long.

Whether or not they know or not we don’t know, but there’s zero way we can assume either way

I think only asari live thousands of years

Salarians have like a 40 year life span and they don't really meantion any other races

Krogans, maybe

All I know is if we get a council-like representation of the Milky Way (as was teased by the developer), we better not get a member that goes "Sheppard saving the galaxy is a myth humans invented to get ahead" :pacspit: :mizzark:

:birdman: I'm with you, my man.

IN ME3; Shepard should've had someone like Catwoman was to Batman in Dark Knight Rises

Shep better than me

They spent all that time warning them and fighting the Saren and the Collectors and they was still tryna play him/her

I wish ea would remaster these on ps4.

I skipped this series last Gen bit am still interested in playing.

Might have to dust off my old system.

The main reason I don't want them to is;
  • It'll take resources from the new game and Andromeda suffers
  • It'll be half ass and people will pay for a $80 glitch fest in ME1-3: The Remaster
The first is the only one that feels dated. But, if you love the series, you can tolerate that for 10 to 15 hours.
Romance Is Here To Stay

BioWare knows how popular the romances are, but that's not why the studio includes them. These relationships provide something that no other element could. "Our games are often about characters, about drama, and romance just seems to fit in that realm," Walters says. "Even aside from what Mass Effect has become, I think it just makes sense. You put people in these stressful situations. There should be tension. There should be love. There should be all of those ranges of emotions with the characters."

Mass Effect Andromeda's New Approach To Romance

I'll say this; outside of the mistakes they admit; the worst thing they did was completely cut out Ashley, Liara and Kaiden in ME2. I really want a reason in why they did that. Completely cutting them off.

I like how they are going to go more indept with all the romance partner options. I read an optional piece that basically said; it makes no sense to romance anyone (Male ooorrr Fem Shep) besides Liara. Because of the way your relationship is fleshed out, it seems that's the cannon choice.

The only person that ever had me was Ashley :to:.

But, most of my playthroughs were as Fem Shep :guilty: sssssoooooo I left it alone for the most part.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The idea that remasters take resources from new games is patently false.
the majority of remasters are done by seperate studios and companies like bluepoint are fukking masters at it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The idea that remasters take resources from new games is patently false.
the majority of remasters are done by seperate studios and companies like bluepoint are fukking masters at it.

Ehhhh....normally I'd agree but this is EA and Bioware is not on good ground with their fans when it comes to this franchise. If anything was wrong with the remaster it would be a shyt storm.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm coming around to your way of thinking

Yes, they should be obligating to reward the long time fans with a real recognition of the trilogy or name it Space Field Trip: Andromeda

I'm preordering this off the strenght of the brand and emotions from the trilogy

I will buy this when and if you give it a good review. I'm dead serious. I wasted so much money on the OG trilogy, buying the Collector's Editions when the games dropped....which were like $80 each....all the DLC and stupid shyt. They ain't catching me slipping again. Only a couple of my friends were into this series and they're not jumping in day 1 either, for the same reasons.

Fred.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Like I said before I hope that there are hints that the reapers are in this game in some sort of fashion. I mean they exist to constantly wipeout the milky way you telling me they dont have scout ships of some sort in the andromeda galaxy?!? I mean it would be a nice type of fan service. Or a way to get communicaes from earth towards the end or some shyt... I think hopefully they will be a excellent easter egg in the game...

shyt even Voyager got back home through a damned wormhole... :pachaha: I mean Janeway broke the temporal prime directive and brought them next century technology on a vendetta to kill the borg queen bytch which I thought was awesome... :pachaha: I mean this bytch came from earth to the other side of the delta quadrant back through time to save them... on a suicide mission...

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I will buy this when and if you give it a good review. I'm dead serious. I wasted so much money on the OG trilogy, buying the Collector's Editions when the games dropped....which were like $80 each....all the DLC and stupid shyt. They ain't catching me slipping again. Only a couple of my friends were into this series and they're not jumping in day 1 either, for the same reasons.

Fred.
I got you, breh.

sxnno7.jpg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Like I said before I hope that there are hints that the reapers are in this game in some sort of fashion. I mean they exist to constantly wipeout the milky way you telling me they dont have scout ships of some sort in the andromeda galaxy?!? I mean it would be a nice type of fan service. Or a way to get communicaes from earth towards the end or some shyt... I think hopefully they will be a excellent easter egg in the game...

shyt even Voyager got back home through a damned wormhole... :pachaha: I mean Janeway broke the temporal prime directive and brought them next century technology on a vendetta to kill the borg queen bytch which I thought was awesome... :pachaha: I mean this bytch came from earth to the other side of the delta quadrant back through time to save them... on a suicide mission...
I'm done with the Reapers.

They sucked from Mass Effect 2 and on. Glad they're moving on entirely.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I loved the reapers Just pissed we never got that final confrontation with that a$$hole Harbinger... :birdman: Should have had a boss fight in the last one.

Why did they suck to you?!? Was it the writing?! Blame Casey Hudson!!! :pacspit:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I loved the reapers Just pissed we never got that final confrontation with that a$$hole Harbinger... :birdman: Should have had a boss fight in the last one.

Why did they suck to you?!? Was it the writing?! Blame Casey Hudson!!! :pacspit:

Bioware dropped the ball so fukking hard with the original trilogy. I know people say "the ending wasn't that bad!"....yeah, it was but I'm not even talking about that.

The Reapers and the final plot line was supposed to deal with dark energy and the stars dying. Remember the Tali recruitment mission, where being out in the sun would fukk up your shields? That was meant to be a clue about how the game ended:

Mass Effect 3: series' former lead writer reveals original ending ideas | PC Gamer

"Dark Energy was something that only organics could access because of various techno-science magic reasons we hadn't decided on yet," Karpyshyn said. "Maybe using this Dark Energy was having a ripple effect on the space-time continuum.

"Maybe the Reapers kept wiping out organic life because organics keep evolving to the state where they would use biotics and dark energy and that caused an entropic effect that would hasten the end of the universe. Being immortal beings, that's something they wouldn't want to see.

"Then we thought, let's take it to the next level. Maybe the Reapers are looking at a way to stop this. Maybe there's an inevitable descent into the opposite of the Big Bang (the Big Crunch) and the Reapers realise that the only way they can stop it is by using biotics, but since they can't use biotics they have to keep rebuilding society - as they try and find the perfect group to use biotics for this purpose. The Asari were close but they weren't quite right, the Protheans were close as well.

"Again it's very vague and not fleshed out, it was something we considered but we ended up going in a different direction."

Drew Karpyshyn left Bioware before "ME3" though, and we got the wack ass ending.:francis:

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bioware dropped the ball so fukking hard with the original trilogy. I know people say "the ending wasn't that bad!"....yeah, it was but I'm not even talking about that.

The Reapers and the final plot line was supposed to deal with dark energy and the stars dying. Remember the Tali recruitment mission, where being out in the sun would fukk up your shields? That was meant to be a clue about how the game ended:

Mass Effect 3: series' former lead writer reveals original ending ideas | PC Gamer

Drew Karpyshyn left Bioware before "ME3" though, and we got the wack ass ending.:francis:

Fred.
I remember all that. I was just.... yeah. Disappointed.

Ready for a new take in the same overall universe.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Using my imagination; that would have been a perfect ending solely because the Reapers come off as more complex and interesting.

• Dap
Reactions: hex