lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its too tedious for people who want to complete everything before finishing the main story.

i disagree just off the strength of the various enemies and how you had to approach them in horizon. it also felt more jointed into the overall storyline predominately. mass effect is starting to feel like busy work in some areas. horizon could get away with it more imo, because it was the most beautiful game i've ever been immersed in. ME:A looks like an upgraded version of ME3, to a degree

you dont have to do them before finishing the main story though lol...they are called side quests/additional tasks for a reason....it's only a problem cause you choosing to do them all that way...i'm doing the same thing, but it's not an issue to me...that's what i expected out of the game, that's what i'm getting, so i'm good....like i said: if they werent in the game, you'd complain about that...

that goes along with execution and enjoyment, which is subjective and a different topic then people complaining about the number of quests, which is what my initial comment was about....

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@42 Monks

Final Word: Mass Effect: Andromeda does not live up to the hype with too many technical issues, I do not like the main story, but, it's a fun & beautiful game, that has promise if there are ever a new installment in the Mass Effect series.

:kanye:

Worth the 50 hours I've put into it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ryder died fell off a cliff on Vetra's loyalty mission and the game is stuck in limbo. Dude was a body at the bottom of the cliff and it wouldn't let me continue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Had to reload a save and replay some of the game to get passed that bugged mission. I had an auto save about an hour or so back. Sucks but there's still so much to do I don't think I can beat this before Persona. I have 4 outpost and have done Cora and Vetra's loyalty missions. Saved one of the three missing arks. Still a lot left to do. 40% done.

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
The issue is I am torn.

I love Mass Effect and it got better every release. :russ:

This game however seems like it's half done and then passed around like a fruitcake at xmas. :beli:

but to be playing in the universe of ME has been great! :gladbron:

but the amount of bugs, misspelled words, crappy dialogue kills me.

and Vetra turned me down....:gucci:

but I got up in Peebee's guts many a time.....:shaq:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The issue is I am torn.

I love Mass Effect and it got better every release. :russ:

This game however seems like it's half done and then passed around like a fruitcake at xmas. :beli:

but to be playing in the universe of ME has been great! :gladbron:

but the amount of bugs, misspelled words, crappy dialogue kills me.

and Vetra turned me down....:gucci:

but I got up in Peebee's guts many a time.....:shaq:
I think your last sentence is why the second to last happened.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
if you dont gone with that bullshyt lol...i used horizon as an example to show how saying 'it's a new game, so bugs are ok' is bullshyt, nothing more, nothing less....so no need to give mass effect the floor again, cause it's been had the floor for 109 pages lol....
In the history of open world games, do they normally come with bugs or nah?
If the answer is yes, then why are you acting as if Horizon is the standard :wtf:
And why are you ignoring the fact Horizon had issues as well :ufdup:
Lets see... The opening movie would crash on a lot of people. Guess what there solution for it was?
"1.) After the game has crashed please restart your ps4
2.)After your ps4 has restarted, leave the Horizon Zero Dawn disc in the ps4 for 2 hours while the ps4 is powered on and idle
3.) Then start the game again"
:laff:

(If I'm making this shyt up, BAN ME.... cross reference at playstationlifestyle.net :salute: )

And then there was the performance patch for PSpro which made the framerate smoother :tu: buuuuut, at a sacrifce to the graphics :mjlol: Very noticeable if you trying to game in FauxK :patrice:

Get a pro to enhance 1080p brehs :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm guessing the identity of the benefactor won't be revealed in this game. Sucks but I finished Ryder Family Secrets and it wasn't revealed in the end.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Finally finished 96% in 86 hours. I'd give it an 7.5/10. Too many technical issues and went on too long if you did the majority of side quest. Combat was much improved but just wish we still had control of our squadmates. The characters were cool. Cora character design did not match her personality at all, hopefully she gets more fleshed out in later games. Only squad mate I disliked was Gil. Why couldn't Lexi be a romance option? Peebee was weird, vetra too ugly, and Cora was dull. The ending was too safe and followed too closely to other bioware games. They did a good job of establishing andromeda, so like the original ME it is is good position to make an amazing part 2.

Seems like the andromeda initiative is following the same path as the citadel. Move into an Alien structure and use their tech and have no clue how it really works or where it came from.

And I supported the Krogan and EDI in the original series but I do not trust Sam and these Krogan at all. And I would assume that Cerberus is the Benefactor.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally finished 96% in 86 hours. I'd give it an 7.5/10. Too many technical issues and went on too long if you did the majority of side quest. Combat was much improved but just wish we still had control of our squadmates. The characters were cool. Cora character design did not match her personality at all, hopefully she gets more fleshed out in later games. Only squad mate I disliked was Gil. Why couldn't Lexi be a romance option? Peebee was weird, vetra too ugly, and Cora was dull. The ending was too safe and followed too closely to other bioware games. They did a good job of establishing andromeda, so like the original ME it is is good position to make an amazing part 2.

Seems like the andromeda initiative is following the same path as the citadel. Move into an Alien structure and use their tech and have no clue how it really works or where it came from.

And I supported the Krogan and EDI in the original series but I do not trust Sam and these Krogan at all. And I would assume that Cerberus is the Benefactor.
Cerberus wouldn't have taken those other species in the arks. TIM only wanted humans to have power. Ive also seen speculation that Cora may be related to him because they share the same last name.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My main conclusion out of the game goes back at how royally they fukked up with the ending of Mass Efffect 3. Andromeda is an attempt to start over and wash away the sour taste, so it tries to re do most of what worked in the OG trilogy and add more hours of game play with more side missions. But if fails in immersing you in the story and characters because it's too similar to the original and it never reaches it's level much less surpass it. If Bioware didn't have to act like the debacle of ME3 never happened, they could've worked in a game that was more of a step forward in the franchise and not just a half ass reboot/repeat. Even with the same premise of a new galaxy and being a Pathfinder, if this game didn't "have to" dismiss most of what happened in ME2 and 3 and didn't "have to" happen 600 years after those events, I think they would've came up with a way better story and more unique characters.

Having said all that, as a ME stan I enjoyed the fukk out of the game. I had no problem with how bloated it was with side missions and dialogue. But I completely understand all the criticism is getting. I just love these type of games so all the problems it has don't bother me as much.
They screwed up so bad on how they ended Mass Effect 3 that in order for them to make sequels a game like this had to be made. I think the real issue with this game is that it simply resets the table and repeats so much of what Mass Effect 1 and some of 2 did and borrows too many similar themes.

The Benefactor = The Illusive Man and or Cerberus
The Kett = The Reapers
The Remnants = The Protheans
The Nexus = The Citadel

The game ends up coming across as a much less well done type of The Force Awakes where in that it recycles themes and ideas from stuff earlier in the series takes little to no risk. Ultimately though this game was released at the wrong time. Too many good games came out early in the year which makes this average or slightly better than average game seem worse to many people than it is.