Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My main conclusion out of the game goes back at how royally they fukked up with the ending of Mass Efffect 3. Andromeda is an attempt to start over and wash away the sour taste, so it tries to re do most of what worked in the OG trilogy and add more hours of game play with more side missions. But if fails in immersing you in the story and characters because it's too similar to the original and it never reaches it's level much less surpass it. If Bioware didn't have to act like the debacle of ME3 never happened, they could've worked in a game that was more of a step forward in the franchise and not just a half ass reboot/repeat. Even with the same premise of a new galaxy and being a Pathfinder, if this game didn't "have to" dismiss most of what happened in ME2 and 3 and didn't "have to" happen 600 years after those events, I think they would've came up with a way better story and more unique characters.

Having said all that, as a ME stan I enjoyed the fukk out of the game. I had no problem with how bloated it was with side missions and dialogue. But I completely understand all the criticism is getting. I just love these type of games so all the problems it has don't bother me as much.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
fukk the piece of shyt. I reached a main line quest that's bugged and I can no longer continue the game. A 30+ hour save wasted because a main line quest is glitched.

I can't pick up that data pad. The game won't let me select it so I can't settle on this planet. Reloaded the save and same result.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
fukk the piece of shyt. I reached a main line quest that's bugged and I can no longer continue the game. A 30+ hour save wasted because a main line quest is glitched.

I can't pick up that data pad. The game won't let me select it so I can't settle on this planet. Reloaded the save and same result.

you gotta be more specific breh, I'm not watching a 13 minute video.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you gotta be more specific breh, I'm not watching a 13 minute video.
When you get to Elaaden save a lot. You start looking for a drive core and the second place you go to find it outside a ship there's a data pad you have to pick up to get a password. The game may glitch up and not allow you to interact with the pad. This is a main line quest leaving the planet coming back or reloading the save won't solve it. Apparently the only solution is if you saved before you reached that area you can load that save and hope it works. Once you reach the area and the pad doesn't let you interact with it game over unless you have another save well before you reached it.

Unable to complete primary mission on Elaaden - Answer HQ

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Liam's mission was my favorite mission in the game so far, even if a lil corny. It felt like a cheesy scifi action film, seemed like bioware got somebody else to write that one for sure.

I'm angry because I had to redo it, but, yep; 50 hours in, this is the coolest mission that mixes action and comedy the best.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
When you get to Elaaden save a lot. You start looking for a drive core and the second place you go to find it outside a ship there's a data pad you have to pick up to get a password. The game may glitch up and not allow you to interact with the pad. This is a main line quest leaving the planet coming back or reloading the save won't solve it. Apparently the only solution is if you saved before you reached that area you can load that save and hope it works. Once you reach the area and the pad doesn't let you interact with it game over unless you have another save well before you reached it.

Unable to complete primary mission on Elaaden - Answer HQ

I already did that mission breh, I had similar problems. At the first the data pad didn't show up so I wandered around for minutes scanning everything I could find. Eventually the data pad showed up (when I did the mission I had no clue that was the thing I had to do) and it triggered the next part of the mission.

The only major glitch I've had so far - besides the Architect on Eos - was when you go to Archon ship. Before you get to the final fight (and after you make a pretty big decision) you have to clear out a room with waves of enemies, Cardinal included, and one motherfukker got stuck in a wall :heh:. He kept shooting at me and I couldn't do shyt. I cleared the room, beat the Cardinal and did everything to try to kill the Kett in the wall...the only thing that worked was sending each of my crew (Drak and Vetra) to both sides of the wall, they started shooting the thing and out of nowhere the ugly fukker re spawned in the middle of the room :dead: once I killed him I could finally open up a door and finish the mission.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came here just to see if the sony heads would be in here doing the same bullshyt. Talking about Horizon in a Mass effect thread :mjlol:
Look buddy, shut that Horizon bullshyt up. You acting like open world games don't have bug issues on the regular.
Name one that didn't? Zelda BOTW.. buggy, needed an update, Skyrim, even Horizon that you acted like its shyt didn't stink was having issues on the PSpro side at launch. But now we off topic.. Mass Effect, the floor is once again yours :win:

if you dont gone with that bullshyt lol...i used horizon as an example to show how saying 'it's a new game, so bugs are ok' is bullshyt, nothing more, nothing less....so no need to give mass effect the floor again, cause it's been had the floor for 109 pages lol....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
quick thoughts:

- people complaining about the number of side missions in a mass effect game?...lol wow....out of all the shyt you can complain about with this game, that aint one of them....you play games like this for the side quests, to extend the playthroughs....you dont just do the main mission and call it a day....and for the most part, they got that part right....

- to go off the last point, in the next game, i hope they change how you do the 'random find' side quests....those are the ones where you have to find random bodies on the worlds....they need to make them trackable like other 'find' side quests....also, they need to let you trigger the side quest when you scan any body, and not a particular one...it's annoying and sucks when you come across a body, scan it, and nothing happens...then later, you do that, a mission starts, and you have to remember where you scanned other bodies....they did on eos, but didnt on the ice planet, which makes no sense.....

- they made jaal wanna fukk cora bad as hell lol.....i had them paired up while i was on the ice planet doing her ark mission, and he goes at her hard trying to get in her pants...in fact, all of the males of his species have a thing for cora....they mention it when you land on aya, and how they all keep staring at her....which is funny to me cause all the shyt people talk about how this game is anti white people, the devs still made white women the prime target for non white men, including aliens lol.....

*disclaimer - the next point is going off the place i'm at in the game...my thoughts might change by the time i finish the game*

- i wanna call bullshyt about them 'trying to distance themselves from the original trilogy'....i knew EA wasnt gonna just end and 'start over' a successful franchise....not gonna go into details (unless someone asks), but when you get to a certain point with the memory triggers, yall will see what i mean...they blatantly say why and how the andromeda mission, SAM, etc. was funded/started, and by whom...all i'm say is it aint the bullshyt they been telling us lol....with that said:
there is still hope for what i said early in this thread about how the next 2 games will play out: us hunting for shepard next game; and last game we finally get to fight the reapers, especially harbinger....come on EA, give us shepard damnit lol...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- people complaining about the number of side missions in a mass effect game?...lol wow....out of all the shyt you can complain about with this game, that aint one of them....you play games like this for the side quests, to extend the playthroughs....you dont just do the main mission and call it a day....and for the most part, they got that part right....
no, i'm sorry, but no. a lot of these side questions are nothing but mere cut & paste work. if they took more time to make side missions somewhat unique, i could understand. but i've found myself skipping through dialogue, just to get to the next nav point. i already know there will be no new gameplay introduced. scan this, shoot that, go here, go there, repeat.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Liam's mission was my favorite mission in the game so far, even if a lil corny. It felt like a cheesy scifi action film, seemed like bioware got somebody else to write that one for sure.

Liam is still a trash character though. Hes kaiden status to me :camby: the rest of the characters are solid except for the fact that suvi aint puttin out :what:
going to do this next then, i'm still trying to find the turian ark and setup water on the krogans planet

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, i'm sorry, but no. a lot of these side questions are nothing but mere cut & paste work. if they took more time to make side missions somewhat unique, i could understand. but i've found myself skipping through dialogue, just to get to the next nav point. i already know there will be no new gameplay introduced. scan this, shoot that, go here, go there, repeat.

that's how most side quests are in games like this...while you get some unique missions, most are the same just at different locales, with different characters....which is cool, cause they are optional....i'm just glad they are in the game...i'd rather they be in the game than not be, which people would complain about too....

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's how most side quests are in games like this...while you get some unique missions, most are the same just at different locales, with different characters....which is cool, cause they are optional....
horizon did it better

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
horizon did it better

a lot of the side quests in horizon fit what you just said about the ones here: they were the same/cut & paste, and just to get you from navpoint to navpoint...

now, which you enjoyed more and how they executed them is a different topic....

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's how most side quests are in games like this...while you get some unique missions, most are the same just at different locales, with different characters....which is cool, cause they are optional....i'm just glad they are in the game...i'd rather they be in the game than not be, which people would complain about too....
its too tedious for people who want to complete everything before finishing the main story.
a lot of the side quests in horizon fit what you just said about the ones here: they were the same/cut & paste, and just to get you from navpoint to navpoint...

now, which you enjoyed more and how they executed them is a different topic....

i disagree just off the strength of the various enemies and how you had to approach them in horizon. it also felt more jointed into the overall storyline predominately. mass effect is starting to feel like busy work in some areas. horizon could get away with it more imo, because it was the most beautiful game i've ever been immersed in. ME:A looks like an upgraded version of ME3, to a degree