I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Giant Bomb gave the game 2/5

Mass Effect: Andromeda Review
I agree.

I like the game, but, they're trying to do too much in one game. The game is big for the reasons of more side quests.

There is a tight narrative this game could follow, but, they choose to go for a "BIG MAP" in place of a quality game.

I wouldn't suggest anyone pay full price for this. I did, but, it's more of a "Thank you" because I prolly paid about $50 for multiple copies of the OG trilogy game across platforms.

The game is underwhelming and it's because they concentrated on scale as opposed to polish. I can't be mad at that review and none of the critiques are unreasonable.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree.

I like the game, but, they're trying to do too much in one game. The game is big for the reasons of more side quests.

There is a tight narrative this game could follow, but, they choose to go for a "BIG MAP" in place of a quality game.

I wouldn't suggest anyone pay full price for this. I did, but, it's more of a "Thank you" because I prolly paid about $50 for multiple copies of the OG trilogy game across platforms.

The game is underwhelming and it's because they concentrated on scale as opposed to polish. I can't be mad at that review and none of the critiques are unreasonable.
how many missions are in this game? they could have cut out 60% of these side quest and spent that time focusing on other versions of gameplay.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
2/5?

My biggest issue with their complaints is the consistency. Don't say that 1 2 and 3 were great for a design choice, then turn around on ME:A for making the SAME design choice.

Giantbomb just rolling with the dogpile clicks

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
2/5?

My biggest issue with their complaints is the consistency. Don't say that 1 2 and 3 were great for a design choice, then turn around on ME:A for making the SAME design choice.

Giantbomb just rolling with the dogpile clicks
The score is clickbait, but, the article is on point about the story, mission system (this is a bloated version of 3) and the technical issues.

This game was trying to be all three games in one.

I'm right now playing through the last mission (I think) and...

It plays out like a fake Mass Effect clone with the races coming together to fight the Archon when you really don't build that with the story. The Asari, Turian and Salarian arcs were devastated and they're now ready to fight a big battle? I've done a few exile missions, but, they cool enough to fight along side the Nexus

...I could be nitpicking, cool. But, this game's issues aren't exaggerated.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I agree.

A majority of if not all of the side missions are optional though. You can choose to just follow the main story. I agree, the side missions are overwhelming but I enjoyed most of them even if its just busy work. They all help decorate and add life to this new galaxy outside of the main quest.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The score is clickbait, but, the article is on point about the story, mission system (this is a bloated version of 3) and the technical issues.

This game was trying to be all three games in one.

I'm right now playing through the last mission (I think) and...

It plays out like a fake Mass Effect clone with the races coming together to fight the Archon when you really don't build that with the story. The Asari, Turian and Salarian arcs were devastated and they're now ready to fight a big battle? I've done a few exile missions, but, they cool enough to fight along side the Nexus

...I could be nitpicking, cool. But, this game's issues aren't exaggerated.
they are when you compare mass effect 3s issues to andromedas - ME3 was so focused on set pieces being the only force to push any progress that they wouldn't even give you your full cast until 2/3s of the way through the game. and after that they dropped old characters into the game to give faces to the same sidequests that you were doing for random bozos since ME1

its nitpicking to say that andromeda's sidequests are worse than that simply because there isn't a trilogy of characters/beefs/lore to back them up. they're in the same vein of give a fukk as ME1, but more polished, flow better, and don't have you looking for needle in a haystack // probe part in the bunker of a scorched world in a system you'd only visit by accident

its kinda weird to say that a mass effect game can be a 'clone' of a mass effect game too - that's the kinda stuff that has me looking at all of my favorite reviewers lately sideways and it goes back to my issue of consistency. you can't knock the story and dialogue in andromeda when as we last left our heroes in mass effect 3, our crippled pilot finally had his wish granted and he's now able to literally fukk his ship

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
A majority of if not all of the side missions are optional though. You can choose to just follow the main story. I agree, the side missions are overwhelming but I enjoyed most of them even if its just busy work. They all help decorate and add life to this new galaxy outside of the main quest.

I get that

It just get chaotic and the map/ojective system is goofy and easy to get lost in

they are when you compare mass effect 3s issues to andromedas - ME3 was so focused on set pieces being the only force to push any progress that they wouldn't even give you your full cast until 2/3s of the way through the game. and after that they dropped old characters into the game to give faces to the same sidequests that you were doing for random bozos since ME1

its nitpicking to say that andromeda's sidequests are worse than that simply because there isn't a trilogy of characters/beefs/lore to back them up. they're in the same vein of give a fukk as ME1, but more polished, flow better, and don't have you looking for needle in a haystack // probe part in the bunker of a scorched world in a system you'd only visit by accident

its kinda weird to say that a mass effect game can be a 'clone' of a mass effect game too - that's the kinda stuff that has me looking at all of my favorite reviewers lately sideways and it goes back to my issue of consistency. you can't knock the story and dialogue in andromeda when as we last left our heroes in mass effect 3, our crippled pilot finally had his wish granted and he's now able to literally fukk his ship
:jbhmm: A lot to chew on

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@42 Monks

:russ: I just let that Joker point marinate and that was wild

But, by "clone" I mean repackaging plot points from the trilogy

Remnants = Protheans

Kett = Reapers (sorta)

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
jerry-done.gif

Aight, ccredits are rolling...I'm done. Wasn't a bad story, just...bland.

tease some continued nonsense with the Cardinal

Beautiful looking game though.

I'm gonna finish my playthrought of the OG trilogy--I had just got Jack went ME:A came out

Oh yea, just saw Cora's "romance" scene :picard:
Can't call it repackaging if its the theme of the franchise though :leostare:
Stealing the Hyperion and moving it to another system = Stealing the Citadel and moving it to Earth

The same theme? No. But, that copy and paste elements from the Trilogy.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
jerry-done.gif

Aight, ccredits are rolling...I'm done. Wasn't a bad story, just...bland.

tease some continued nonsense with the Cardinal

Beautiful looking game though.

I'm gonna finish my playthrought of the OG trilogy--I had just got Jack went ME:A came out

Oh yea, just saw Cora's "romance" scene :picard:

Stealing the Hyperion and moving it to another system = Stealing the Citadel and moving it to Earth

The same theme? No. But, that copy and paste elements from the Trilogy.
God of War still has you killing gods so I'm kinda like

....okay lol

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:snoop: Glitched on Liam's loyalty mission :snoop:

Beat the dude and nothing happens. Load game, again. Still stuck in the room.

Good night.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
i dont understand what you just said...are you the bugs are expected cause it's a brand new open world game?....if so, that's bullshyt....horizon is a brand new open world game too, and it has far less bugs than this game....and the rare bugs that are in that game get addressed quickly....it completely shyts on this game from that stand point....

the devs just dropped the ball, and they know it....that's why they making an announcement about a big patch coming soon.....hopefully the patch addresses a lot of issues....
I came here just to see if the sony heads would be in here doing the same bullshyt. Talking about Horizon in a Mass effect thread :mjlol:
Look buddy, shut that Horizon bullshyt up. You acting like open world games don't have bug issues on the regular.
Name one that didn't? Zelda BOTW.. buggy, needed an update, Skyrim, even Horizon that you acted like its shyt didn't stink was having issues on the PSpro side at launch. But now we off topic.. Mass Effect, the floor is once again yours :win:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm guessing you have to do hunting the archon before you can settle the outcast world?