Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
While the ending choices were the same, no matter what, in ME3, your choices from 1 and 2 did change the story during ME3's game. Like people died, societies could have been completely demolished, you could lose people, etc. the ending sucked, but everything else before it was amazing. Your choices from the previous games did matter, just not at the end.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
While the ending choices were the same, no matter what, in ME3, your choices from 1 and 2 did change the story during ME3's game. Like people died, societies could have been completely demolished, you could lose people, etc. the ending sucked, but everything else before it was amazing. Your choices from the previous games did matter, just not at the end.

There was a few problems I had besides the ending.

The entire arc of 2 was a problem. When you can pick your back ground and history in 1, I picked Sole Survivor.

Later in the game you find out Cerberus is the reason your friends all died in Sole Survivor. After that I went out of my way to fukk over Cerberus. Every single choice I went against them, blew up their bases, killed their scientists, etc.

Then in 2 you gotta work with them no matter what, and Shepard doesn't even mention anything from Sole Survivor, nor do they mention Shepard ruined all their shyt in 1.:francis:

The Rachni was another :francis: moment. I saved them in 1, then in 2 if you choose to communicate with them they send a message that says they got your back if the Reapers attack.

They're in 3 no matter what you did in 1, and they're against you no matter what they said in 2.:upsetfavre:

Then there is several....probably 15-20 different choices that got turned into emails from 1 to 2. It's been years since I played the series but the "choose which colony to save" and "talk the girl out of suicide" are two that I :francis: when they just sent me a message like "thanks breh".

Let me stop though because the more I think about it the more disappointed I get. 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

The entire arc of 2 was a problem. When you can pick your back ground and history in 1, I picked Sole Survivor.

Later in the game you find out Cerberus is the reason your friends all died in Sole Survivor. After that I went out of my way to fukk over Cerberus. Every single choice I went against them, blew up their bases, killed their scientists, etc.

Then in 2 you gotta work with them no matter what, and Shepard doesn't even mention anything from Sole Survivor, nor do they mention Shepard ruined all their shyt in 1.:francis:

The Rachni was another :francis: moment. I saved them in 1, then in 2 if you choose to communicate with them they send a message that says they got your back if the Reapers attack.

They're in 3 no matter what you did in 1, and they're against you no matter what they said in 2.:upsetfavre:

Then there is several....probably 15-20 different choices that got turned into emails from 1 to 2. It's been years since I played the series but the "choose which colony to save" and "talk the girl out of suicide" are two that I :francis: when they just sent me a message like "thanks breh".

Let me stop though because the more I think about it the more disappointed I get. 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Fred.
The rachni was a huge deal for me too. They gassed that up like it was going to mean something.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I just hope it's good. And tell me again why this game doesn't have a co-op campaign?

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just hope it's good. And tell me again why this game doesn't have a co-op campaign?

Because the story is only ever about Shepard. Also given how the game was marketed (choices) there's no real way to make it co-op.

The multi-player in 3 was fun as hell though. I was a beast in it. Had most of the weapons unlocked and several maxed out. Had all the classes too.

Fred.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
Me and this dude hexagram have to be the biggest ME fans on earth...

They need to put us on the quality control committees out her

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Me and this dude hexagram have to be the biggest ME fans on earth...

They need to put us on the quality control committees out her

@hexagram23 Justed opened my eyes to something I never questioned,before (working with Cerberus).

The way I played the first one, they were a fridge terrorist group. And EDI being a previously wild AI.

Never realized they were the cause of the death of a Soul Survivors crew.

So, the series is flawed....

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This tends to happen when you don't have consistent writers in charge of writing a series. One person starts with an idea intending to go one way and someone else takes over and does something completely different with it.
Basically what this thread says; its an incredible series, but, it could be legendary.

That said; I'm even more happy about Andromeda. From what I remember, its gonna be the biggest single game, the new Gen systems, yep, its there. They should have learned the lesson and improve.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Basically what this thread says; its an incredible series, but, it could be legendary.

That said; I'm even more happy about Andromeda. From what I remember, its gonna be the biggest single game, the new Gen systems, yep, its there. They should have learned the lesson and improve.
I'm kinda disappointed Mac Walters is involved with Andromeda. He was the head writer for Mass Effect 2 and 3 and he would be the guy that effectively ruined fan's love for this series. That ending was something he was directly responsible for.

The head writer for Andromeda is the guy who wrote Halo 4 (which I've yet to play but series fans seem divided on).

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'm kinda disappointed Mac Walters is involved with Andromeda. He was the head writer for Mass Effect 2 and 3 and he would be the guy that effectively ruined fan's love for this series. That ending was something he was directly responsible for.

The head writer for Andromeda is the guy who wrote Halo 4 (which I've yet to play but series fans seem divided on).
Apart of me gettin over the ending is blaming it all on Casey Hudson.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Casey Hudson wasn't responsible for the ending. He didn't write the series he was more involved with the gameplay.
:merchant: I forgot that pennyarcade post mentioned them both.

Well, here's to hoping he doesn't take it all into his own hands, again.

Dammit, I just want to see that world (how ever far away) and this to be fun.