winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You just typed out a big ass wall of nothing. Most if it had nothing to do with anything I said.

Bioware marketed the game in a way that wasn't consistent with the finished product. The end. All that other shyt you're talking about is irrelevant. They were clearly aware of every single technical and logistical hurdle you just posted, yet still promoted the game as if none of it a problem for what they were trying to achieve.

Fred.
And to that I said
If you want a game where choice is a major factor in how things out they make stuff like Sim City, The Sims and other RTS games where the story takes a backseat but to sit down and play a story based narrative heavy game like Mass Effect and thing that things are gonna be drastically different you're either intentionally playing dumb or naive as hell.
That would put you in the former camp in stead of the latter.

Choice mattered in Mass Effect you just wanted it to matter even more than it did. It's ok lots of people sat down and played dumb about the technological hurdles faced in making a narrative heavy game that still gives the player options.

Some of the stuff Casey Hudson said was ultimately proven wrong but if you wanna sit around and pretend like choice didn't influence playthroughs in Mass Effect you're just lying for the sake of pushing your version of what actually happened.

Play all these other narrative heavy games like Walking Dead Season 1 (and hell probably even Life is Strange which I haven't even played yet but can bet turns out the same) and you'll notice the same pattern. In narrative based video games choice will always be a window dressing because the game has to actually have a plot and in order for millions of people to be able to experience the same game it has to be nailed down to a consistent story.

They can't cram 15 completely different large scale games on the same disc under a single name and sell it. It just isn't practical.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
And to that I said

That would put you in the former camp in stead of the latter.

Choice mattered in Mass Effect you just wanted it to matter even more than it did. It's ok lots of people sat down and played dumb about the technological hurdles faced in making a narrative heavy game that still gives the player options.

Some of the stuff Casey Hudson said was ultimately proven wrong but if you wanna sit around and pretend like choice didn't influence playthroughs in Mass Effect you're just lying for the sake of pushing your version of what actually happened.

Play all these other narrative heavy games like Walking Dead Season 1 (and hell probably even Life is Strange which I haven't even played yet but can bet turns out the same) and you'll notice the same pattern. In narrative based video games choice will always be a window dressing because the game has to actually have a plot and in order for millions of people to be able to experience the same game it has to be nailed down to a consistent story.

They can't cram 15 completely different large scale games on the same disc under a single name and sell it. It just isn't practical.

Its not 15 different games though my man. The argument is for 15 different endings that are completely different from one another. These people go through the painstaking work of giving you a million dialogue choices, along with actual choices like who to save or not save, who to kill or not kill, steal this from this group or leave it there, then they decide to get lazy on the final part, which is to make different endings. Not take all those choices and funnel them into one canon ending.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
A bit more expansive version of the suicide run from 2. That's it. The specifics I don't even care about. But introducing a new character in the last 5 minutes of anything....movie, TV series, book, game, whatever....so they can deliver exposition that hand waves away most of the preceding story....is horrible.

The only specific thing they should've done, is have the Prothean be part of the game instead of DLC. Because they're part of the main story.

I was thinking an ill "bad" ending would be the Reapers fukking everything up, and Shepard escapes to where they found Javik, and he jumps in the stasis chamber.

Fast forward around 50,000 years, and the next cycle finds Shepard. He's basically the "new" Prothean. The end.

Fred.

Sidebar: Javik being DLC is a travesty on the modern video game industry. :guilty: I still spent money on it. Dont get me started on ME DLC (most plays like parts of the game that was rightfully cut).

But, you're ending great, because its creative. It's better than "more varied endings." I like idea of more creative endings.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sidebar: Javik being DLC is a travesty on the modern video game industry. :guilty: I still spent money on it. Dont get me started on ME DLC (most plays like parts of the game that was rightfully cut).

But, you're ending great, because its creative. It's better than "more varied endings." I like idea of more creative endings.
I COMPLETELY forgot about that. :snoop: And he was actually very important to the story too.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
MY HEART STILL fukkING HURTS THINKING ABOUT THAT DAMNED ENDING.... SPENT 3 DAYS PLOWING THROUGH THAT shyt, DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT JUST TO GET ALL THE SAME fukkING ENDINGS, WHAT THE fukk??!!

owes-me-o.gif

played that shyt from mass effect 1... til the end plus the dlc javik pack. what a fukking ripoff...
the last 5 minutes derailed the entire lore, story, concept and game universe... :snoop:

its like fukking the baddest chick raw and you about to bust and she screams out she got full blown AIDS!!! :stopitslime:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:snoop: I respect everyone's opinion on the ending of 3, but, my goodness if yalll dont sound like entitled teenagers.

:dahell: They turned on the fans...theyll never get another dollar from me...I wanted totally different...

I get it, I didn't play a Mass Effect game until the third dropped. So, I wasnt following since 2007.

But, there is something to be said about trashing almost 100 hours of gameplay over the last 10 minutes.

The social media wmhas ovverated "endings" so much.

The biggest problem with ending (and this isn't an original thought, but, something I came across); they made the end of the journey about mythos of the Reapers instead of the actual partnerships.

In the end; the Reapers aren't as interesting as they are imposing and relentless (the perfect story villian, imo) and the whole Leviathans-every 50,000 years-thing only kinda makes sense. They tried to be deep when 99% of fans just wanted to get it over with to see what a Shep/Liara baby would look like.

In the end, forget the "totally different" endings. I just wanted to kill the Reapers and (as a person whose played through all three twice and through 2 and 3 atleast 8x) have different experiences with the crew. The games/series is a 9.8 (the covering and movement is a C) to me.

Edit: Just checked my PC, I've beaten 1 three times. So that's 3 playthroughs of all three.
No the real problem with Mass Effect 3's ending is that it shoehorns you into "organics and synthetics will always turn on one another and can't co-exist without a forced solution" while in my play through I smoothed things over between the Geth and the Quarians and they learned to do the opposite. It then forces you to pick between three unappealing solutions and the ending had almost zero closure for anything. It had no insight as to what your final choice ultimately brought about for the galaxy and it completely ignored your party's outcome.

In all honesty I would have preferred an ending where the humans and aliens united with the crucible (as a weapon that could defeat the Reapers) and defeated the Reapers and the galaxy moved on. In other words they should have just played it straight. Instead they tried to get cute and have that weird plot twist at the end and it backfired.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I copped all the DLC. All of that shyt.

Nah fukk that....I had the Collector's Edition of the games too, when they first came out. $80 a pop. Like I said I was a stan. They killed me with that ending.
mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png

What's even worse is the fans gave them a completely viable out with the "indoctrination theory" ending, and they refused to take it.
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Fred.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Starting a replay of 2 and 3 with an all Renegade character. Gonna see how this goes :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Nah fukk that....I had the Collector's Edition of the games too, when they first came out. $80 a pop. Like I said I was a stan. They killed me with that ending.
mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png

What's even worse is the fans gave them a completely viable out with the "indoctrination theory" ending, and they refused to take it.

Fred.
This was one of the greatest things I've seen happen in video game history too. The indoctrination theory was so well thought out Bioware should have stolen it word for word. Matter fact, instead of putting out a corny apology ending they could have put out a statement on twitter "The indoctrination theory is true". It was so well thought out that it almost felt like any other ending would be unacceptable.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png

Fred.
They def should've ran with the indoctrination ending. Pure fan theory piff.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was one of the greatest things I've seen happen in video game history too. The indoctrination theory was so well thought out Bioware should have stolen it word for word. Matter fact, instead of putting out a corny apology ending they could have put out a statement on twitter "The indoctrination theory is true". It was so well thought out that it almost felt like any other ending would be unacceptable.

mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png

Fred.
You're both suggesting a game company takes what amounts to fan fiction and makes it canon? To me that theory even worse than the actual ending we got. The indoctrination theory basically amounts to "it was all a dream."

I made my peace with Mass Effect 3's ending years ago. I'll never play the original trilogy again, but I learned to live with what we got. Andromeda has almost nothing to do with the original trilogy anyway so I'm open to it.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Never got to really play any of the Mass Effect games. The b*stards didn't have "Legacy" controls for some stupid ass reason and thats all I play shooters with. Hopefully the new one does.

:francis: