winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Mass Effect 3 was a very good game, on par and if not better than 2
Mass Effect 3 sans the ending is better than Mass Effect 2. Good luck getting people to admit that though. The only thing 2 has over 3 is the suicide mission itself which was amazing. I remember going into that mission and wondering who was gonna live of die. I did everything possible to prepare for it but when Jack and Miranda got in that fight I didn't have enough paragon points to smooth it over so Jack wasn't loyal going into the mission. I still managed to get through it with nobody dying but they could have and it was a tense mission because of that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Mass Effect 3 sans the ending is better than Mass Effect 2. Good luck getting people to admit that though. The only thing 2 has over 3 is the suicide mission itself which was amazing. I remember going into that mission and wondering who was gonna live of die. I did everything possible to prepare for it but when Jack and Miranda got in that fight I didn't have enough paragon points to smooth it over so Jack wasn't loyal going into the mission. I still managed to get through it with nobody dying but they could have and it was a tense mission because of that.
Real rap. I feel like gameplay wise the game got better every time. Even if it did go far from where it started. I had a blast playing 3. Only thing I didn't like is what most of everyone else didn't like, your choices ended up not really mattering for anything. They needed to have truly different endings instead of the same crap with barely any difference.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Would've checked out this game, but im still salty about the ME3 ending, and bioware acting the way they behaved when the fans reacted. They won't be getting my money anytime soon.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Real rap. I feel like gameplay wise the game got better every time. Even if it did go far from where it started. I had a blast playing 3. Only thing I didn't like is what most of everyone else didn't like, your choices ended up not really mattering for anything. They needed to have truly different endings instead of the same crap with barely any difference.
Your choices matter about as much as choices can matter in a video game. Your play through of Mass Effect 3 could be pretty different than someone else's because certain characters might not even be in it.

I'm kinda tired of this whole "choices don't matter" angle when it comes to gaming. A game is a pre-made piece of media so ultimately choice can't influence the outcome that greatly.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Your choices matter about as much as choices can matter in a video game. Your play through of Mass Effect 3 could be pretty different than someone else's because certain characters might not even be in it.

I'm kinda tired of this whole "choices don't matter" angle when it comes to gaming. A game is a pre-made piece of media so ultimately choice can't influence the outcome that greatly.
Nah breh. The endings were the same. I got spoiled by games like Chrono Trigger, Indigo Prophecy, and Heavy Rain. Those games changed through out the entire play through depending on your choices and they had multiple endings each COMPLETELY different from each other.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

when its all said and done, it really didn't matter what you did in the first, second or third game. The same thing happens in the end:

Mass relays are destroyed / disabled

Shepard Dies

Normandy is stranded god knows where

The extended cut tried to plug some holes with their powerpoint presentations, but it didn't go into detail, and there simply were too many holes to cover, especially from the end of the earth mission onward.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
when its all said and done, it really didn't matter what you did in the first, second or third game. The same thing happens in the end:

Mass relays are destroyed / disabled

Shepard Dies

Normandy is stranded god knows where

The extended cut tried to plug some holes with their powerpoint presentations, but it didn't go into detail, and there simply were too many holes to cover, especially from the end of the earth mission onward.

I agree. My disappointment wasn't actually with the ending in and of itself. It was the fact that I made all of these choices completely different from a bunch of my friends and we all pretty much got the same ending. If that was going to be the case, then what was the point of all the choices. They should have just hit you with set dialogue instead of having me scratching my head wondering how will this effect the end game. They could have had one "true ending" but still had different endings with shepard surviving, or a "Bad ending" where the final mission is a failure. I wanted to see truly different endings.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I agree. My disappointment wasn't actually with the ending in and of itself. It was the fact that I made all of these choices completely different from a bunch of my friends and we all pretty much got the same ending. If that was going to be the case, then what was the point of all the choices. They should have just hit you with set dialogue instead of having me scratching my head wondering how will this effect the end game. They could have had one "true ending" but still had different endings with shepard surviving, or a "Bad ending" where the final mission is a failure. I wanted to see truly different endings.

Pretty much. And when they got called out for that, bioware started acting catty.

What dissapointed me the most was the video game websites and magazines. They flat out turned on the fans. That, and the high reviews that game got, showed that most of those dudes in the video game industry were probably bought from the get-go.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Pretty much. And when they got called out for that, bioware started acting catty.

What dissapointed me the most was the video game websites and magazines. They flat out turned on the fans. That, and the high reviews that game got, showed that most of those dudes in the video game industry were probably bought from the get-go.
The game was incredible, and the story leading up to the ending had me on the edge of my seat, which made me hate the ending even more, and what I considered to be laziness on Bioware's behalf.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Well then....hmmm....I dunno.....maybe don't market the entire game series around saying the choices matter?

I dunno when you got into "Mass Effect" but the main focus of the initial marketing campaign....I'm talking, years before the game was ready....was you'd have unprecedented control over the story and characters. And you clearly don't. They could've chosen to dial the expectations back at any point, instead they towed the company line and in some cases flat out lied about how much it would matter.

It would be like Sony bringing out a new "Gran Turismo", saying it's gonna be the most realistic driving simulator ever....then it's "Mario Kart" when it comes out....and when you complain I'm like :manny: "well, why would you expect it to be realistic?"

shyt makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Well then....hmmm....I dunno.....maybe don't market the entire game series around saying the choices matter?

I dunno when you got into "Mass Effect" but the main focus of initial marketing campaign....I'm talking, years before the game was ready....was you'd have an unprecedented control over the story and characters. And you clearly don't. They could've chosen to dial the expectations back at any point, instead they towed the company line and in some cases flat out lied about how much it would matter.

It would be like Sony bringing out a new "Gran Turismo", saying it's gonna be the most realistic driving simulator ever....then it's "Mario Kart" when it comes out....and when you complain I'm like :manny: "well, why would you expect it to be realistic?"

shyt makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred.
Exactly

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY

Man I had to do a whole second play through to be able to stop that fukking fight with Jack and Miranda. To me it was a bullshyt point in the story because that late in the game regardless of points you should have been able to tell them they both full of shyt and to eat some dikks and get their shyt together. fukk Miranda that c*nt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And Enough with the ME3 blasphemy, you are really trying to tell me that their decision for the ending tool away how great that game looked and played, how that shyt was an epic movie.. you can say well the game was a 10 but hated the ending so its a 8 or 8.5, but yall act like the ending takes it down to a 2 or something..... HOWEVER hearing about this dude leaving is not a good sign going forward

Breh some of us followed "ME" years before it came out. And the entire thrust of the marketing campaign and subsequent developer videos focused heavily on how much your choices matter.

So if you want to say they're great games totally independent of what they set out to do :manny: but I'm judging them based on what they said the series was about.

Lastly, I'm :dwillhuh: when people say "so you're telling me the end of part 3 ruined the series?!"....hell yes. Clearly. Why do you think the 4th game in Bioware's most successful series is completely removed from the first three games? The ending was so bad they more or less have to pretend the rest of the games never happened.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Having said all that, I hope the 4th game is amazing.

On some nerd shyt it would make me happy as fukk. And if they somehow bring Shepard back, or retroactively "fix" the ending to 3 in the process :wow: but I'm not holding my breath. But like Mook said I was the "Mass Effect" stan back on SOHH. I'm not shytting on the series because I hate it, it's because it could've been the GOAT trilogy and they dropped the ball in ways that don't even make sense. I don't know if Casey Hudson was on some Suge Knight shyt like
suge_zpsk1g215ro.png
"I'm writing the ending, end of discussion" but when he explained the last 5-10 minutes I would've told him to get the fukk outta my face. Or left the company if they kept that ending.

Fred.