Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Growing up there were certain little kids that weren't scared to talk crazy to bigger kids because they had older siblings with a rep. Like if you got into with them, their older sibling would pop up on you. That's pretty much how I see Big L, his rap style, apparently how he treated people.

His big brother was a bully, he didn't know anything but that. The wake up call usually occurs when the BULLY dies. But the bully was locked up....
This is very accurate. I know a lot of kids like this growing up

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I done seen that shyt play out too many times in real life. A lot of so called gangstas are p*ssy by themselves or without a gun. I've had it happen to me where I stepped to somebody and they backed down when by themselves. Then I see them with their crew and all of a sudden all the rah rah talk starts up. Luckily I always had a lot of connections so didn't get jumped.

The funniest to me was in high school. We was playing ball in gym class and one of the cats was a football player and played like one. Funny enough a NY nikka who was pretty new to town. The dude he fouled was a white blood. We hit the locker room and the white dude was bytching about getting fouled hard and the NY nikka straight punked. Got in the white boys face telling him shut the fukk up or he'll beat his ass right there. White dude was silent and just put his head down and walked away. Then another gym class ended and some more of his boys came in there and then the white dude starts talking shyt "fukk you punk ass bytch I'll kill you". Later shows up at dude's bus stop with 5 people to jump the NY cat. Word had it the NY nikka held his own with all five of them and walked away basically unharmed.
Damn! That shyt made me mad.

I hate that shyt. I hope the white boy eventually got what was coming to him
:russ:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Growing up there were certain little kids that weren't scared to talk crazy to bigger kids because they had older siblings with a rep. Like if you got into with them, their older sibling would pop up on you. That's pretty much how I see Big L, his rap style, apparently how he treated people.

His big brother was a bully, he didn't know anything but that. The wake up call usually occurs when the BULLY dies. But the bully was locked up....
All facts. I forgot what podcast I was listening to where they talked about the most hated nikka in the hood is the big mouthed kid with tough older brothers. That was me and I ain't know it. Had nikkas a few years later that came up to me telling me nikkas wanted to whoop my ass but they was all scared of my brother. I was cool with em by that point as they realized I wasn't an a$$hole like I came off.

Daps
This was actually a very interesting story Mase told. I never watched any of the podcast they do together and was never a fan of either of their music, but I can see the appeal they have as hosts being entertaining.

The detail, humor, color commentary by Cam, the unexpected cameos in the story (RIP Party Arty. Didn't know Cam knew him or that he was a fan of P80).

And yeah, this story and their relationships together definitely sound VERY Queensbridgeish, lol.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy

The only thing that doesn’t make sense is if L was a grimy sociopathic dude why would he get Fat Joe and be afraid to fight Mase one on one or even rob him on his own? Mase wasn’t built like that and was an easy target

Only thing I can think of is he knew it wouldn’t be a good luck and wouldn’t be well received in Harlem if he violated Mase and that’s why he wanted someone else to do it

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Crazy

The only thing that doesn’t make sense is if L was a grimy sociopathic dude why would he get Fat Joe and be afraid to fight Mase one on one or even rob him on his own? Mase wasn’t built like that and was an easy target

Only thing I can think of is he knew it wouldn’t be a good luck and wouldn’t be well received in Harlem if he violated Mase and that’s why he wanted someone else to do it
Politics like the CIA do or running black ops where the folks on top will deny.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
From the little I hear about L he seemed to be a dirtbag, scheming type.
L's homeboys for years confirmed that L had set up the guy that killed him. L's fans had made him out to be some innocent bystander. This is information his FRIENDS put out of him being that type of person. You don't set up your friends. shyt, you don't set up anyone, but definitely not your boys.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Crazy

Back then, and even today, jumping nikkas is/was a thing. But it's grimy when you have it done to a nikka you grew up with.