Mase admits Jay Z dissed him on Imaginary Players

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
'All i hear is platinum this, platinum that, i don't hear no platinum hits, don't see no platinum plaques' - Mase.

'In my lifetime Vol 1' is a dogshyt album from a rapper trying to chase the hits, run with the sound of the time (whats new with Jay.)

'Imaginary Player' is top 3 tracks for Jay though, without question. No ifs, buts, nothing.

Classic line from Ma$e and he spit those rhymes on an R&B song too :banderas:

And yeah, Vol 1 was a lackluster album and yes, Imaginary Player is a top 3 Jay-Z song

Harlem World >>>>>>> Vol.1

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One of my favorite times in the game, I didn't know about the lines, i was too young, but I heard all those in real time when they dropped. Just hearing the bars and seeing those still from videos brings back those late 90's 12 years old sleepovers and cd singles days.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Classic line from Ma$e and he spit those rhymes on an R&B song too :banderas:

And yeah, Vol 1 was a lackluster album and yes, Imaginary Player is a top 3 Jay-Z song

Harlem World >>>>>>> Vol.1
There are 3 songs on Vol 1 better than anything Mase has recorded and that alone makes me vol 1 > Harlem world

Where I'm from >
Imaginary player >
A million and 1 questions >

Mase has no songs as good :hubie:

Daps
so when people say silly shyt like New York fell off because there was no unity….these guys never liked each other

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
my memory might be shot but I feel like it was before that album even dropped when he was still doing features and the anticipation was high. mixtape or some shyt….
I didn’t recall hearing any J subs and I was heavy into murder man ….. I had all his underground bad boy freestyles …..

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t recall hearing any J subs and I was heavy into murder man ….. I had all his underground bad boy freestyles …..

i was too. I’m still looking for that old ass freestyle with junior Mafia where he was calling himself a goodfella….. he killed that shyt.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
There are 3 songs on Vol 1 better than anything Mase has recorded and that alone makes me vol 1 > Harlem world

Where I'm from >
Imaginary player >

"Take What's Yours" > "Where I'm From"

"The Player Way" > "Imaginary Player"

"Do You Wanna Get $?" > "A Million And Questions"

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps

Where I'm from >
Imaginary player >

‘Where I’m from’ is Jay dikkriding QB and trying to Shang Tsung the HNIC and the infamous clique.

Anything that’s hot or got the streets Jay has always ran with.

His track record speaks for itself.

The other two records I agree with. Still a dog shyt album though.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Yea probably that line off of Harlem sparked it off

“Don’t really fukk with dame but still I cop jigga”

That track get bootlegged or dropped on a mixtape? Volume 1 dropped a week after Harlem World so he would've had to hear that line weeks if not months before the album dropped

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Interesting ….. I watched that ep don’t remember that
Yeah Biggs said that the beat was originally a mase song. Mase recorded a song too it but Biggs basically said it was trash and scrapped it :dead: Years later it got to Hov and the rest is history

Im still very curious to hear how mase attacked that beat in that era.