Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Also

This proves that DareDevil is by far the best of the Marvel Netflix shows in terms of action, violence, grittiness, and overall comic book feel.

He was the only one even with a costume that was hella realistic and with skills to go along with his "powers".

If you haven't watched his series then youre missing out...

And I also liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Jessica Jones had one of the most terrifying villains while Luke Cage was just all around star packed and dope. Cotton Mouth was also a great villain but Diamondback was trash

the punisher should take the cake when it drops

couldnt finish jessica jones and iron fist so don't know about them

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And mike and Kristen have great chemistry as well. Luke definitely still into her and I see that getting him caught up in the future
Yeah their chemistry was great too

Look forward to their marriage hopefully by the time they make a 2nd defenders series...

But honestly, they need to start cranking these joints out. I know Punisher is definitely coming (see ending credits of last Defenders episode) but I'm gonna need that 3rd season of DareDevil and the 2nd season of Jessica Jones soon

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
It wasn't bad, it was actually kinda funny

"I am the Immortal Iron Fist, I am the only one that can stop them"

Ends up getting his ass kicked and kidnapped like 4 seperate times in the series :mjlol:

Danny don't know when to shut up

he's like the herb walking into class opening a pack of gum

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
the punisher should take the cake when it drops

couldnt finish jessica jones and iron fist so don't know about them
They both start slow, but Jessica Jones to me is definitely worth it.

BUT it is not a typical "kung fu" or "shoot shyt up" comic book show. Its more psychological but very fukked up. Has great moments (like the moment that her and Luke discussed in the last episode)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm about to start The Defenders now. I just finished up Iron Fist for the first time since it aired. He was just just as solid as Mike Colter's Luke Cage (wooden acting), but his storyline was be far the absolute worst. They expanded the entire supporting casts' storylines to compensate. They could completed his arc in 5-6 eps (as an intro/origin), then started a new one.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They both start slow, but Jessica Jones to me is definitely worth it.

BUT it is not a typical "kung fu" or "shoot shyt up" comic book show. Its more psychological but very fukked up. Has great moments (like the moment that her and Luke discussed in the last episode)

thanks il go back and finish jessica jones

only got up to ep 2 for iron fist but after finishing the defenders may finish it as well

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
thanks il go back and finish jessica jones

only got up to ep 2 for iron fist but after finishing the defenders may finish it as well
Iron Fist was kinda a letdown for me. It was only OK but I would suggest watching it before Defenders just to understand a lot of what they were talking about.
Im actually gonna rewatch all of them. DD and IF are the only ones I think who tie into the whole "The Hand" storyline though

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Just finished and....I didn't watch a lick of IF but I thought he was pretty decent in this, wasn't offended at all. THAT SAID, man there is so much stupid shyt in this it's laughable. I'll give it a 6/10 because everybody really seem to vibe well, and It had a couple of good moments, but they need to throw down the gauntlet with Defenders season 2. And Marvel/Netflix needs to quit being cheap. that Iron fist shyt is cringe as hell. It could at least have fire or give off smoke or something. but it just glows.

Abuchunky

Banned
Daps
this shyt could've been so much better.

how you level a building, the police know you stole c4 and brought it into that building, and no one catch a charge? :stopitslime:

why they have colleen crying and moping like a battered housewife in half her scenes? :leostare:

they already picked the wrong actor for iron fist, why they nerf his power set? :dwillhuh:

(i'm sorry, but fukk what you heard, daredevil shouldn't be able to stop iron-fist. daredevil has radar sense, heightened physical abilities and was trained by a ninja master. danny rand is a supernatural kung-fu master, trained to be the ultimate weapon of a mystical city FULL of kung-masters. you tell me who wins.)

speaking of iron fist... elektra TELLS THIS DUMBASS she needed his chi to break the wall, so what does he do? start swinging his fist at her, within range of the wall. so either they need a better actor to sell the character's compulsive/angry/reactionary nature, or this is one of the dumbest sequences i've ever seen on a television screen. :snoop:

what was the big plan on the elevator that JJ wasn't gonna like? to have her shyt-talk while they attack from above? JJ loves to talk shyt, and attacking from above was smart for everyone riding an elevator into a criminal base without bulletproof skin. THAT was luke cage's big idea? :gucci:

why is karen still tryna iyanla matt murdock's life, acting like she cant understand why he went back to crimefighting, AFTER he told her "this is my life"? :dwillhuh: even if she didnt agree with his decision, she knew why he was doing it at that point. they just acted like the convo never happened.

the big action finale is... four powered heroes beating the shyt out of c-list hand goons they been smacking around for 7 episodes? :gucci:

soooo... elektra waited until the building was coming down around their ears to start acting normal? :comeon:

the hand's grand plan was to preserve their own vitality... and destroy new york eventually, as an accidental casualty? if that's the case why not work with rand to determine a way to excavate shou lou's bones without harming the fault line? wouldnt that have been more productive than stealing funds from Rand Corp. and picking a fight with the immortal weapon of k'un lun?

by the end of the series, the only major change is misty lost an arm. literally nothing of consequence happened in the world's of the four main stars.

b-b-but... foggy and karen think matt is dead! FOH. :camby:

5 out of 10. there were some amazing moments sprinkled throughout. but this was mediocre as fukk.

PREACH!! When I saw danny activate the iron fist in the basement while fighting electra i had the :gucci::gucci::gucci: face for like 10 minutes.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
PREACH!! When I saw danny activate the iron fist in the basement while fighting electra i had the :gucci::gucci::gucci: face for like 10 minutes.

Just the fact he would act like that in the face of potential disaster is :mindblown: Breh you are literally the key to the Hands plan. Once he found that out any normal hero/smart person would have took himself out of the fray. But he wants to fight because.....reasons. I can't imagine the comic character doing that. shyt was stupid.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah not at all. Every show needs to find its footing and get in a groove. Rarely do you find a show that hits the ground running. It took them a couple episodes to really find their flow. Nothing in it is filler at all. It's all important and necessary to the story. Filler to me is superfluous stuff and redundancy. There's none of that here, just takes a while to get the engine going and the show works better when all of them are together and able to bounce off one another
First ep had me :russell:. Realized I still had 10 min left and nothing had happened so I turned it off. Maybe later

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They keep telling us that Danny is the best fighter ever, but he keeps getting washed

Matt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danny

Nah, they keep telling us he's supposed to be
The best fighter ever. Everybody that knows anything about the iron fist or Kun'Lun is quick to tell him that he sucks.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Just the fact he would act like that in the face of potential disaster is :mindblown: Breh you are literally the key to the Hands plan. Once he found that out any normal hero/smart person would have took himself out of the fray. But he wants to fight because.....reasons. I can't imagine the comic character doing that. shyt was stupid.

it's like Colleen said...he's still a kid looking for his family. As much as he was trained in K'un Lun I doubt he ever learned normal human man shyt. Like nobody raised him how to think. Not excusing it of course he needs to learn how to act, but as much as it frustrates me I understand Danny still ain't reach that part of maturity yet. Where he actually thinks his decisions through.

He walked up in that boardroom like he ran the place :mjlol: