Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They could be going toward the Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon team up
033-daughters-of-the-dragon.jpg

I know about the comics, but it seems highly unlikely that they'll get their own show so I was saying how would it function in terms of when they team together

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just finished

I liked it, couldve been a lot better as others suggested. Fighting was so-so in the beginning and shyt was cheesy in the beginning but it started picking up in the end.

Still not sure what they were after or what was this "substance" they kept talking about... Or why they were trying to go back to Kung lao and what that substance was supposed to do to help them get there. Im guessing the substance was the bone material from the ancient dragons? And at first they were after Black Sky, then Kung Lao, then substances, and then iron fist, etc., its like they didn't have a solid objective for The Hand and the more we got to know them the less fearsome they became.

I agree with others, the Hand was the weak point despite the characters not necessarily being weak.

A lot of confusion in the fight scenes or some of it was just terrible (not Iron Fist terrible), but anything with DareDevil fighting was great.

Danny Rand was more tolerable and they made it look like he actually trained to fight in this one.

I liked Luke and Dannys chemistry. I liked how they kinda made him the goofball/Comedic relief sometimes and didn't over power him despite most of the plot being about him

JJ was cool but that bytch can't fight for shyt. I found it corny how they kept making her the finisher in most of the fight scenes:mjlol:

Overall, I liked it. As a nerd, I give it 7/10. Couldve been longer, fight choreography couldve been better in the group fights, and The Hand could've been better as well (Theyve been disappointing ever since Iron Fist)

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They keep telling us that Danny is the best fighter ever, but he keeps getting washed

Matt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danny
Its to the point where I think they just gassed the fukk out of Danny in the Marvel netflix universe.

He was saying all this bullshyt and stayed getting his ass whipped all series:mjlol:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
One thing i did like was how they kept calling IF a boy and his character actually seemed a bit immature. He was so giddy at the idea of being in a super hero group.

Jessica Jones needs some damn fighting skills, shyt was embarassing.
Why she need fighting skills? Night she just super strong and don't really give a fukk about the powers. That would fukk it up IMO to have her be all DD with it

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Just finished

I liked it, couldve been a lot better as others suggested. Fighting was so-so in the beginning and shyt was cheesy in the beginning but it started picking up in the end.

Still not sure what they were after or what was this "substance" they kept talking about... Or why they were trying to go back to Kung lao and what that substance was supposed to do to help them get there. Im guessing the substance was the bone material from the ancient dragons? And at first they were after Black Sky, then Kung Lao, then substances, and then iron fist, etc., its like they didn't have a solid objective for The Hand and the more we got to know them the less fearsome they became.

I agree with others, the Hand was the weak point despite the characters not necessarily being weak.

A lot of confusion in the fight scenes or some of it was just terrible (not Iron Fist terrible), but anything with DareDevil fighting was great.

Danny Rand was more tolerable and they made it look like he actually trained to fight in this one.

I liked Luke and Dannys chemistry. I liked how they kinda made him the goofball/Comedic relief sometimes and didn't over power him despite most of the plot being about him

JJ was cool but that bytch can't fight for shyt. I found it corny how they kept making her the finisher in most of the fight scenes:mjlol:

Overall, I liked it. As a nerd, I give it 7/10. Couldve been longer, fight choreography couldve been better in the group fights, and The Hand could've been better as well (Theyve been disappointing ever since Iron Fist)

I believe the substance is what allowed them to resurrect Nobu, Elektra, Harold Meechum, and whoever else they said died and came back. I think it's bone marrow from the bones of the dragon

The Hand's plan does seem a bit too over the place. I agree with the LC and IF chemistry though. They both seem open to getting the other's perspective on life and how to help the best way they can

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They keep telling us that Danny is the best fighter ever, but he keeps getting washed

Matt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danny

By a fukking landslide :russ: you were trained by monks. How you let a blind man trained by another blind man knuckle you up like that?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Also

This proves that DareDevil is by far the best of the Marvel Netflix shows in terms of action, violence, grittiness, and overall comic book feel.

He was the only one even with a costume that was hella realistic and with skills to go along with his "powers".

If you haven't watched his series then youre missing out...

And I also liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Jessica Jones had one of the most terrifying villains while Luke Cage was just all around star packed and dope. Cotton Mouth was also a great villain but Diamondback was trash

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Also regardless how I feel about his martial arts skills I would love to see a heroes for hire series now. Mike and Finn have great chemistry together. Give me that and a daughters of the dragon series and I may faint
I would definitely be all in for that.

I actually like them together as a team and the fighting wasn't ALL terrible. They've definitely stepped it up for Iron Fist in this seties compared to his last

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also

This proves that DareDevil is by far the best of the Marvel Netflix shows in terms of action, violence, grittiness, and overall comic book feel.

He was the only one even with a costume that was hella realistic and with skills to go along with his "powers".

If you haven't watched his series then youre missing out...

And I also liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Jessica Jones had one of the most terrifying villains while Luke Cage was just all around star packed and dope. Cotton Mouth was also a great villain but Diamondback was trash

And mike and Kristen have great chemistry as well. Luke definitely still into her and I see that getting him caught up in the future