Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Finished it last night....it was fire to me. I didn't really care for the ending, but endings/final episodes have been a thorn in many a film/show's side for almost two decades now, so I'm used to it. There were a few other things I didn't like, but I'm not about to go all 'Siskel & Ebert' over it. 7.5/10.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
When Jessica Jones mentioned coffee to Luke
922.gif
That scene cracked me up he genuinely looked at her like "oh forrealz"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its amazing to me to see the hate Luke Cage season 1 gets on twitter :gucci:
Talk about it like its barely above Iron Fist season 1 :dahell:

You must be following a bunch of white people on twitter.

Luke Cage got great critical reviews and most black folks that watched the show seemed to love it.

Luke Cage is like Jessica Jones where there's stuff in the show that resonates more with the target audience and they love it for that, but you have a lot of people that don't "get it" and nitpick the fukk out of the show.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You must be following a bunch of white people on twitter.

Luke Cage got great critical reviews and most black folks that watched the show seemed to love it.

Luke Cage is like Jessica Jones where there's stuff in the show that resonates more with the target audience and they love it for that, but you have a lot of people that don't "get it" and nitpick the fukk out of the show.
This is one of those times where you've already decided what you were gonna post without any context.

I'm talking about recently on twitter. I was in the damn Luke Cage thread and know black people loved it and it had great critical reception. I would have mentioned critical reception if thats what I'm talking about. Twitter, MCU reddit, SHH, etc find ways to shyt on Luke Cage season 1.\

Jessica Jones gets far more love than Luke Cage from fandom in those places. So its not the same.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That scene cracked me up he genuinely looked at her like "oh forrealz"

They need to let that shyt go. Coulter and Ritter don't have good enough on screen chemistry.

Compare the sex scenes from Luke Cage to the ones from Jessica Jones and it's not even close. Colter has had WAY better chemistry with Missick and Dawson.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is how poorly IF was miscast because Iron Fist can beat the brakes off of almost everyone in close quarter combat:francis:DD is great but Iron Fist is supposed to be THAT dude:francis:

Danny Rand supposed to be mopping shyt. Even when he losing, if it's martial arts you know whoever he fighting must be nice with them things if he giving Iron Fist that work.

Instead we get this dude who can't fight and "acts " like he's reading from a TelePrompTer.

Get it right Netflix. :camby:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of those times where you've already decided what you were gonna post without any context.

I'm talking about recently on twitter. I was in the damn Luke Cage thread and know black people loved it and it had great critical reception. I would have mentioned critical reception if thats what I'm talking about. Twitter, MCU reddit, SHH, etc find ways to shyt on Luke Cage season 1.

Like I said it's probably mostly a bunch of white folks that don't "get it". The same shyt goes on with Jessica Jones where dudes go out of their way to shyt on that show. Some of the things people complain about with those shows are things also found in Daredevil season 1 and 2.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Gave up after 3 episodes...

Can't get into these Marvel shows anymore...They gas up the black hand to be this powerful godly clan but really all they are is a swagless poor mans foot clan minus Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder...

I hope the Punisher show focuses on other villains, ones who dont get their asses whooped by nurses with no powers every other episode...

my nikka called'em a broke-ass foot clan without the bebop & rocksteady
:lolbron::russ::lolbron:

:dead:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They need to let that shyt go. Coulter and Ritter don't have good enough on screen chemistry.
were you saying this in the JJ s1 thread cuz I was on an island. The only thing good about their pairing is their banter and how upset it makes the alt righters. They will let it go, because he overshadowed her and the IR relationship tainted her for the rest of the series. Not for artistic reasons..

Compare the sex scenes from Luke Cage to the ones from Jessica Jones and it's not even close. Colter has had WAY better chemistry with Missick and Dawson.
I actually don't see any chemistry with Dawson and they never gave he and simmone a chance for some reason

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
were you saying this in the JJ s1 thread cuz I was on an island. The only thing good about their pairing is their banter and how upset it makes the alt righters. They will let it go, because he overshadowed her and the IR relationship tainted her for the rest of the series. Not for artistic reasons..

I never posted in the Jessica Jones thread.

The only reason people want to see that pairing is because they know it's something that happened in the comics. They had Jessica do way too much foul shyt to Luke for that shyt to work on the Netflix show. Even their supposedly chemistry seems to be more about them being able to fukk each other without repercussions.

I actually don't see any chemistry with Dawson and they never gave he and simmone a chance for some reason

I think Dawson and Colter have great chemistry, especially when compared to Colter/Ritter. Colter and Missick have shown signs of great chemistry together, but they weren't going to go that route because they wanted to leave the door open for Misty and Danny (which clearly can never happen).