Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, this season confirmed that Colleen is better than Iron Fist and she's essentially just real good at martial arts. This fukk boy got powers and c00n-loon training and she still holds her own. Them elders need to come down and give her the powers and tell him to fukk off.

:mjlol: Damn, so much hate...

The actor needs to take this seriously in the offseason and I MEAN REALLY LEARN KUNG FU FROM A REAL FIGHTER FROM SCRATCH...:ufdup:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Marvel-The-Defenders-Red-Carpet-Rundown-Fashion-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-7.jpg

:noah::noah:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The scenes themselves are better, but there's still a bunch of spots where they hide the characters face because they needed to use a stunt man.

Glad they didn't dumb down Daredevil's fighting skills though. They made it pretty clear that if not for Danny's ability to use Chi Matt would have beaten the breaks off his ass
Which is how poorly IF was miscast because Iron Fist can beat the brakes off of almost everyone in close quarter combat:francis:DD is great but Iron Fist is supposed to be THAT dude:francis:

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Gave up after 3 episodes...

Can't get into these Marvel shows anymore...They gas up the black hand to be this powerful godly clan but really all they are is a swagless poor mans foot clan minus Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder...

I hope the Punisher show focuses on other villains, ones who dont get their asses whooped by nurses with no powers every other episode...
My man Nobu was missed in this series:smh: Him and Gao the Goats:ufdup:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
THE GOOD
Loved the chemistry between Ritter, Colter, Cox...too bad Finn Whatsisname still sucked as Danny Rand/Iron Fist. He was less bad when he was in scenes with the other Defenders
Liked how the individual characters all were following separate leads/investigations that took them to the same place at the same time.
Madam Gao is my favorite Marvel Villain. Period.
Misty getting her arm chopped off which should lead to her getting some Stark designed cybernetic replacement was a nice nod to the comics and I like they took time to begin building the Misty/Colleen friendship.
Scott Glenn was great as Stick
Being 8 episodes felt just right because it removed the drag that all of these Netflix Marvel shows when trying to fill 13 episode seasons
Liked how all of the different shows supporting casts were able to be fit in this show without making it seem awkward

THE BAD
Finn Whatsisname is still terrible as Iron Fist. Marvel should have recast him between Iron Fist S01 and this show.
It is amazing that Karen Page can be so insanely annoying as a character despite so little screen time.
Not sure how smart it was to build this series around the worst part of DD S02 and the awful Iron Fist show.
Did not care about Elektra when she supposedly had personality so I care even less about her as an empty-headed ninja zombie.
The fight choreography is ass...not as embarrassingly bad as in Iron Fist but still not very good.
The lack of super-hero costumes is a shame.
The Five Fingers of The Hand could have used a bit more character building for the Japanese dude and the Black Guy...for a while there I didn't even realize The Black Guy was the same character as White Hat.
I know Sigourney Weaver has gotten rave reviews for her performance but aside from the scene in the CHinese restaraunt where she was toying with The Defenders, I wasn't all that impressed plus it was distracting me that she seemed to move around like she was in bad need of double hip replacement surgery.
The ending was lame and the epilogues were kinda weak. How do you not have a final scene between Luke and Danny to try and establish some type of connection between those two characters? Especially since the only time Finn Whatsisname was tolerable was when he had scenes with Mike Colter.

FINAL VERDICT
The show was a bit uneven and sadly carried over a lot of what didn't work in Iron Fist (and DD Season 2 for that matter) but the chemistry between the majority of the main characters was so great that a lot of the flaws with the show as a whole were easily overlooked. I look forward to seeing what second season of The Defenders would look like especially with The Hand being removed as a Big Bad for these characters movie forward.

On a Scale of 1-10...I give it a solid 7

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
My man Nobu was missed in this series:smh: Him and Gao the Goats:ufdup:
To be honest I am hand'd out it's just exhausted at this point. The only time they were ever formidable was DD s1. We've seen them in 4 series now and the with IF delving into their origin they've become even more weak. Its time to move in another direction surely it's past time time they unleash legit villains from their rogues gallery rather than have them always facing the foot clan

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'm convinced now that Danny Rand isn't a character. He's a terrible plot device with a douchey face. He's a MacGuffin that breathes and does it obnoxiously. Dude's literally the whole entire dirt worst. Matt's objectively a better fighter than he is, and his one special ability glitches out like it has a frayed wire so it only works sometimes. I don't know how much of his detestability is Finn Jones and how much is the actual writing of the character, but the ineptitude makes me not want a Heroes for Hire slant to the next Marvel shyt... and that's a shame because this 8-run made damn clear Luke is that dude, especially when not weighed down by super-seriousness all the time.

In short, fukk an Iron Fist. Hit me with that JJ/Luke relationship in something that makes them run into Punisher, give it a tight 12 episodes, throw Finn into some goddamned acting classes and I don't need to see anything else Marvel/Netflix until the next season of Defenders.
funny I hated the version of Luke they displayed. He just lost a lot of coolness in the midst of his new cac friends. Cheesying all the time and cracking jokes it just seemed like one of those silly moves they do when they need another character to brood and be serious in an ensemble. The actor was pretty good with his timing in LC but here, not so much. The way he moves during fight scenes makes him look like he's never fought a day his life..I hate the way he's choreographed

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
THE GOOD
Loved the chemistry between Ritter, Colter, Cox...too bad Finn Whatsisname still sucked as Danny Rand/Iron Fist. He was less bad when he was in scenes with the other Defenders
Liked how the individual characters all were following separate leads/investigations that took them to the same place at the same time.
Madam Gao is my favorite Marvel Villain. Period.
Misty getting her arm chopped off which should lead to her getting some Stark designed cybernetic replacement was a nice nod to the comics and I like they took time to begin building the Misty/Colleen friendship.
Scott Glenn was great as Stick
Being 8 episodes felt just right because it removed the drag that all of these Netflix Marvel shows when trying to fill 13 episode seasons
Liked how all of the different shows supporting casts were able to be fit in this show without making it seem awkward

THE BAD
Finn Whatsisname is still terrible as Iron Fist. Marvel should have recast him between Iron Fist S01 and this show.
It is amazing that Karen Page can be so insanely annoying as a character despite so little screen time.
Not sure how smart it was to build this series around the worst part of DD S02 and the awful Iron Fist show.
Did not care about Elektra when she supposedly had personality so I care even less about her as an empty-headed ninja zombie.
The fight choreography is ass...not as embarrassingly bad as in Iron Fist but still not very good.
The lack of super-hero costumes is a shame.
The Five Fingers of The Hand could have used a bit more character building for the Japanese dude and the Black Guy...for a while there I didn't even realize The Black Guy was the same character as White Hat.
I know Sigourney Weaver has gotten rave reviews for her performance but aside from the scene in the CHinese restaraunt where she was toying with The Defenders, I wasn't all that impressed plus it was distracting me that she seemed to move around like she was in bad need of double hip replacement surgery.
The ending was lame and the epilogues were kinda weak. How do you not have a final scene between Luke and Danny to try and establish some type of connection between those two characters? Especially since the only time Finn Whatsisname was tolerable was when he had scenes with Mike Colter.

FINAL VERDICT
The show was a bit uneven and sadly carried over a lot of what didn't work in Iron Fist (and DD Season 2 for that matter) but the chemistry between the majority of the main characters was so great that a lot of the flaws with the show as a whole were easily overlooked. I look forward to seeing what second season of The Defenders would look like especially with The Hand being removed as a Big Bad for these characters movie forward.

On a Scale of 1-10...I give it a solid 7

Yup