Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:That man Norman was going through it in this game.
im not sure if i feel bad for norman.

i get that he was doing everything he could to keep his son alive, but at the same time, he cost so many people their lives. May, Martin Li's Parents, which in turn caused Jeff Davis to die. he used his son as a guinea pig creating devil's breath and using the symbiote, which he said he knew was dangerous. he ruined so many lives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im not sure if i feel bad for norman.

i get that he was doing everything he could to keep his son alive, but at the same time, he cost so many people their lives. May, Martin Li's Parents, which in turn caused Jeff Davis to die. he used his son as a guinea pig creating devil's breath and using the symbiote, which he said he knew was dangerous. he ruined so many lives

Yep, he’s still a scum bag despite losing his wife and Harry. I wonder if they will throw a curve ball with him becoming goblin even though they have been dropping a lot of hints. Seems like Insomniac isn’t sticking to the spider-man script with this

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I wrapped this up and needed time to gather my thoughts. I really loved it despite having some major gripes with it. I also cannot understand how people are saying this isn't a next-gen game. This game was a crazy demonstration of what is possible at 60fps this gen. Not to mention the instant load times, that's next gen within itself.

First things first, this is one of the better Symbiote stories but it still felt a bit rushed to me. Something like Spectacular Spider-Man did it much better IMO. The pacing was great for a video game but the narrative took a hit as a result. The first game to me had a much better story while this one has more refined gameplay with better side quests and side content. I enjoyed it overall and would give this a very high 8/10. Better gameplay than SM1 but the story doesn't come close to that one.

Things I want and don't want for the next mainline game:

- Introduce Eddie Brock as MJ's replacement at the Bugle
- Bring back Venom with Brock and an actual personality this time instead of some dumb alien monster
- Goblin has to catch a body (I know some think he kills Peter but I think MJ and Rio aren't off the table)
- Have Peter, Milles, and Silk all be playable and have them be a bit more unique/specialized
- Have more Black Cat this time around, this version of her is so underused
- Bring back Yuri as Wraith, idk, I like her and didn't mind her arc so far this series
- Improve this Parry mechanic, it was the only part of this combat system that feels inconsistent to me
- DO NOT have Doc Ock and Peter swap bodies with that Superior Spider-Man shyt (I have hated body swapping since Captain Ginyu)

I know people online have been saying that Peter is hanging it up after this one even though it's clear that he's taking a break. Ock gonna snitch on Peter and tell Norman who Spider-Man is so he ain't gonna give a shyt about no Miles and will work on making Peter's life a living hell. I also hope we get a Miles Morales game about him taking up the mantle in the meantime because Miles needs some of his own villains. More often than not he's just caught in the crossfire aimed at Peter.

:mjcry:That man Norman was going through it in this game.

Yeah, the dude is deranged. He is consumed with cracking this illness. He has everything in the world except a cure to save his son and he lost his wife to the same shyt. They did a good job showing how far gone he is. He asks Spider-Man to save his son, and Spider-Man does just that and this mf still snaps at him. Even though it's Norman's fault for thinking it was a good idea to have his son host some unknown alien species because it seemed like a cure.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I wrapped this up and needed time to gather my thoughts. I really loved it despite having some major gripes with it. I also cannot understand how people are saying this isn't a next-gen game. This game was a crazy demonstration of what is possible at 60fps this gen. Not to mention the instant load times, that's next gen within itself.

First things first, this is one of the better Symbiote stories but it still felt a bit rushed to me. Something like Spectacular Spider-Man did it much better IMO. The pacing was great for a video game but the narrative took a hit as a result. The first game to me had a much better story while this one has more refined gameplay with better side quests and side content. I enjoyed it overall and would give this a very high 8/10. Better gameplay than SM1 but the story doesn't come close to that one.

Things I want and don't want for the next mainline game:

- Introduce Eddie Brock as MJ's replacement at the Bugle
- Bring back Venom with Brock and an actual personality this time instead of some dumb alien monster
- Goblin has to catch a body (I know some think he kills Peter but I think MJ and Rio aren't off the table)
- Have Peter, Milles, and Silk all be playable and have them be a bit more unique/specialized
- Have more Black Cat this time around, this version of her is so underused
- Bring back Yuri as Wraith, idk, I like her and didn't mind her arc so far this series
- Improve this Parry mechanic, it was the only part of this combat system that feels inconsistent to me
- DO NOT have Doc Ock and Peter swap bodies with that Superior Spider-Man shyt (I have hated body swapping since Captain Ginyu)

I know people online have been saying that Peter is hanging it up after this one even though it's clear that he's taking a break. Ock gonna snitch on Peter and tell Norman who Spider-Man is so he ain't gonna give a shyt about no Miles and will work on making Peter's life a living hell. I also hope we get a Miles Morales game about him taking up the mantle in the meantime because Miles needs some of his own villains. More often than not he's just caught in the crossfire aimed at Peter.

Yeah, the dude is deranged. He is consumed with cracking this illness. He has everything in the world except a cure to save his son and he lost his wife to the same shyt. They did a good job showing how far gone he is. He asks Spider-Man to save his son, and Spider-Man does just that and this mf still snaps at him. Even though it's Norman's fault for thinking it was a good idea to have his son host some unknown alien species because it seemed like a cure.

Yeah I wonder what's going to be the event that forces Pete back into action. I hope they dont take the easy route and have Norman/Ock put a Miles or MJ out of commission temporarily

Somebody gotta go :birdman:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I said it in the last thread. How the fukk is Peter going to pay that mortgage? He's paying $4500 a month, almost $50k a year on the house. The average wage for white men is $55k.

He couldn't pay the rent in his apartment. Now he has to pay property taxes. Pete needs a 6 figure job.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I said it in the last thread. How the fukk is Peter going to pay that mortgage? He's paying $4500 a month, almost $50k a year on the house. The average wage for white men is $55k.

He couldn't pay the rent in his apartment. Now he has to pay property taxes. Pete needs a 6 figure job.

Spidey might have to go the OnlyFans route :francis:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

he's not going to pay it. The stress is going to cause him and mj to break up and working at the bookstore and jamba juice will lead him to gwen stacy and back to the daily bugle with eddie brock

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
he's not going to pay it. The stress is going to cause him and mj to break up and working at the bookstore and jamba juice will lead him to gwen stacy and back to the daily bugle with eddie brock
Better he sells the house. I worked out that over the loan period he will pay over a million dollars for a house he inherited.

Aunt May telling Pete to save New York when she just wanted to get out of them monthly payments.

Aunt May ain't shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone help me out. Whose _______

silk_2021_1_intro_image.jpg
[/S