Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5 Spoiler Discussion Thread

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I wrapped this up and needed time to gather my thoughts. I really loved it despite having some major gripes with it. I also cannot understand how people are saying this isn't a next-gen game. This game was a crazy demonstration of what is possible at 60fps this gen. Not to mention the instant load times, that's next gen within itself.

First things first, this is one of the better Symbiote stories but it still felt a bit rushed to me. Something like Spectacular Spider-Man did it much better IMO. The pacing was great for a video game but the narrative took a hit as a result. The first game to me had a much better story while this one has more refined gameplay with better side quests and side content. I enjoyed it overall and would give this a very high 8/10. Better gameplay than SM1 but the story doesn't come close to that one.

Things I want and don't want for the next mainline game:

- Introduce Eddie Brock as MJ's replacement at the Bugle
- Bring back Venom with Brock and an actual personality this time instead of some dumb alien monster
- Goblin has to catch a body (I know some think he kills Peter but I think MJ and Rio aren't off the table)
- Have Peter, Milles, and Silk all be playable and have them be a bit more unique/specialized
- Have more Black Cat this time around, this version of her is so underused
- Bring back Yuri as Wraith, idk, I like her and didn't mind her arc so far this series
- Improve this Parry mechanic, it was the only part of this combat system that feels inconsistent to me
- DO NOT have Doc Ock and Peter swap bodies with that Superior Spider-Man shyt (I have hated body swapping since Captain Ginyu)

I know people online have been saying that Peter is hanging it up after this one even though it's clear that he's taking a break. Ock gonna snitch on Peter and tell Norman who Spider-Man is so he ain't gonna give a shyt about no Miles and will work on making Peter's life a living hell. I also hope we get a Miles Morales game about him taking up the mantle in the meantime because Miles needs some of his own villains. More often than not he's just caught in the crossfire aimed at Peter.

Yeah, the dude is deranged. He is consumed with cracking this illness. He has everything in the world except a cure to save his son and he lost his wife to the same shyt. They did a good job showing how far gone he is. He asks Spider-Man to save his son, and Spider-Man does just that and this mf still snaps at him. Even though it's Norman's fault for thinking it was a good idea to have his son host some unknown alien species because it seemed like a cure.
Yea I was hoping they would have venom toy with us more.

In spectacular, venom literally stalks Peter. Tries to ruin his life. Take away his secret identity. Same with the 90s cartoon. I was hoping venom would show up in random crimes and fukk with us, attack us while we swinging and shyt.

I think this venom went too cosmic too quick. I get that it was the symbiotes own motivation but I think they should have had harry have more of a vendetta against Pete for basically leaving him to die while he had the shyt.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hhh:I know it’s just concept art but I hope insomniac. Doesn’t go with the design for the GG armor they had in the 1st game.

vsgknx0cl7c81.jpg

:wow:The NWH design should be where they take inspiration from.

green_goblin__no_way_home____png__8__by_dhv123_df741ns-pre.png

df6v835-c36b6792-05e3-4830-b526-3845fcef18e1.png

green-goblin-upgraded-suit_marvel_gallery_63d45fe1a199b.jpg

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the last mission, my thoughts:

Too short, could have been longer but upside I guess is that there is no filler. They packed those 31 missions with some serious content and I'm amazed at how much they managed to keep as a suprise.

The boss battles are probably the best I've played in a Super Hero game. No big red weakspots, or repetitive mechanics required (outside of Sandman). Just a straight up slug fest each time.:banderas:

Kraven was a menace. Straight up bodied 3 of Spider-Man's OG villians

The lack of social feed was a big miss for me. It gave the civilians some life and dissapointed it wasn't there, especially when rocking the black suit.

Forcing us to play the final mission with Mile's new evolved suit was some straight bull shyt. I hate everything about it :scust:. At least with Peter I understand but I'm dissapointed we never got to fight Venom at least once with the red suit.

Also, I never really hated the MJ missions in the last game like some did and her missions weren't bad in this either in terms of gameplay but in terms of story, I felt she was just a little too directly involved towards the end. I mean at one point, she took a DIRECT HIT from Venom, trying to PROTECT PETER in the house? :why:

The Scream fight was dope though and the dialogue was so well written :whoo:

Really hoping we get some DLC for this game like the last one and also really hoping the Wolverine game is connected to this universe.

I'll give this an 8/10

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The Green Goblin is ready to come out and raise hell.
And I feel like the Chameleon should be the main focus for the DLC and save the Carnage for Spider-Man 3. If they can manage to work around bringing Venom back and making him into an anti hero, that would be cool too.

Yea the only way to raise the stakes is to have Carnage and Green Goblin rampaging through New York with Doc Ock breaking out as well, Fisk probably gets out in the ensuing chaos too with all this forcing an alliance between Venom and the Spider-Set. We havent seen Morbius yet either, I would definitely bet on him making appearances to wrap up the trilogy. Maybe even Morlun if theyre feeling ambitious. Calling Red Goblin for the final boss fight and the story being a mix of Maximum Carnage and The Night Gwen Stacy Died with Black Cat or MJ taking the place of Gwen Stacy.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Now that I finished the game I can give my honest opinions.

Miles' story could've been handled more better. His conflict with Li overall ended up to be not very engaging. Plus his biggest problem writing an essay? Please. Him and Ganke have made tech that the government haven't got.

The MJ missions were better but I bought Spider-Man 2 not TLOU. I want to play as them.

Kraven was a bad man. I needed more from him.

I liked the Hailey mission. Maybe because she's more likeable than MJ.

The combat was definitely different enough to be warranted a sequel. I played on Spectacular and was met with a challenge. I do think that you don't get enough play time with Pete's abilities or the Symbiote suit to master it.

The side missions were actually better this time around. Especially the flame missions. Although I am pissed that I cannot get gold in the Under Construction Mysterio mission.

I absolutely hate Miles suit at the end.

Also too much gay shyt. Got me helping Vijay when I'm from Harlem.

The story wasn't the strongest in this game and I personally think suffered from having two protagonists.

My favourite mission was when you get to play as Venom. I wish that we got more of that.

Overall I give it the same as Spider-Man 2018 8/10