Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Honest question, when people went from RDR to RDR2, GTA4 to GTA5, Arkham City to Arkham Knight, etc what were the big monumental changes that made those sequels good?

In this game so far, you got two different protagonist with different move sets, gliding, new combat mechanics (parrying), new gadgets and stealth, new boroughs to explore. thats what we know so far

What makes this a lesser sequel than those games?
And we just saw only 10 minutes:russ::russ:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys think they’ll make a spin-off game after this one for Venom like they did Miles for the the original?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, i wouldnt be surprised if kraven is ended like halfway into the game by either pete or venom and the real boss is Norman or venom himself
I think it’s asking too much too Have him fight his two biggest villains in 1 game, I get the irony in me saying this since he literally fought the sinister 6 right out the gate in his first game, But the only one outta those 6 in this version of SM who had some emotional Stakes who are more than your typical Villain is Doc Ock, while pretty high tier and well known Scorpion, Rhino, Vulture, Mr Negative & Electro aren’t serving much more to Peter other than we’re criminals come and deal with us

Having Kraven & Lizard, along with The story of Venom, from the symbiotes attachment to Pete, to its removal, to its attachment to Eddie/Harry, with the threat it poses to Pete is more than enough for one game

To add on the only other villain that’s holds more weight to Pete as a villain than venom seems like overkill to me, by all means show more of his transformation over this game, but to have that arc dealt with in the same game seems kinda crazy, I think if there was ever going to be a wildcard it would be Carnage given the story

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Honest question, when people went from RDR to RDR2, GTA4 to GTA5, Arkham City to Arkham Knight, etc what were the big monumental changes that made those sequels good?

In this game so far, you got two different protagonist with different move sets, gliding, new combat mechanics (parrying), new gadgets and stealth, new boroughs to explore. thats what we know so far

I have no answer because I hold none of the opinions that I'd need to have to reply to those questions.

- I don't necessarily think RDR2, GTA5 or Arkham Knight were good sequels. I have no particular opinion on the topic.
- I don't know if the changes between them and the games before could be considered monumental. I have no particular opinion on the topic even though the Batmobile seemed a significant addition.
- I don't think Spider-Man 2 is a lesser sequel than those games. I don't even think it's a bad game or that it won't be better than the 1st one. The game isn't out yet.

I know everybody hates a debbie downer but all I said was that I was underwhelmed by the gameplay shown so far. I acknowledged myself that those are my feelings in this specific moment. That doesn't say anything about the game. That's just my reaction to that specific trailer.

Now if I had to contextualize why I'm underwhelmed, it's:
a) The announcements that it'll be the best Insomniac Games ever, etc... which led me to believe we'd see significant gameplay improvements during the showcase;
b) The new things that you described seem incremental to me and don't fix some of the issues I had with the previous installment.
The stealth in particular left me unimpressed because having a portable zipline with you doesn't change much besides making you able to perch takedown your way through stealth segments even faster than before.
That doesn't mean all these little additions are not good, that doesn't mean they won't improve the game from the previous one, that doesn't mean Spider-Man 2 wouldn't be great even with no major change to the formula (it'd still be good); again, I'm just explaining why I was underwhelmed watching the trailer. That's it.

I wouldn't normally care about new boroughs if you were to zip your way through everything in the same way, but as some of you pointed out, smaller more spaced out buildings might make gliding pull more weight in these areas, which would be great. Especially if it ends up making the player have to switch between gliding and slinging in an interesting way, and not just use gliding to not have to swing at all (I hope not). That's why gliding was the highlight of the trailer for me, and the type of new stuff I expected to see more of.
c) I'm cool with set pieces in general but I prefer gameplay. Since most of the trailer was a set piece that was alright to me, well I ended up not enjoying the trailer like that.
d) Oh and I don't like the Venom suit's look :lolbron: Don't shoot me :whoa:

Game will most likely be great or at least very good. Not everybody that isn't extremely hype is out to shyt on it.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they keep up the same level of quality over 3 games tho insomniac really could give us the definitive SM trilogy that the movies were never able to, The first game had secondary villains that only took up a small part of the story along with some that were part of Side mission chains, they could keep that going and potentially use up his whole damn roster of goat villains

Spider-Man

Main Villains - Doc Ock, Mr Negative, Scorpion, Rhino, Electro, Vulture

Secondary Villains - Kingpin, Shocker, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Taskmaster

Spider-Man 2

Main Villains - Kraven, Venom..Carnage?

Secondary Villains - Chameleon, Punisher?

Spider-Man 3

Main Villains - Green Goblin, Mysterio?

Secondary Villains - Sandman, Morbius?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Not even trying to brag but I have old footage saved on my PS4. On the hardest difficulty, I was Neo with the hands in both the OG & Miles. :lolbron: Only enemies that really ever touched me were the cheap goons with the whips. For whatever reason, dodging them perfectly sometimes felt like a coinflip. I just outright started hitting them with the Triangle + O finisher out the gate.

These bring out the worst in me. I'm happily going about my day beating up goons and doing air combos and here they come:

WHHHHHPPPPPSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

:gucci::mjtf:

Naaaaaaaaah everybody gotta die.

They can also make Harry go nuts and become Hobgoblin

:banderas:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not everybody that isn't extremely hype is out to shyt on it.

I’m not super hype on it, i was just trying to see where you are underwhelmed. I think it will be another good 88-89 (possible 90 if the story is really good) game and thats really all i require of a spider-man game these days. I never really had the expectation this was gonna be a generation defining game.

Even before i saw the trailer it was never my most anticipated game, but I trust Insomniac to make good feeling and controlling games with a lot of heart.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Like, it only makes sense to me if like mad titties you didn’t like the original game and wanted them to overhaul everything about it. That doesn’t really apply to most people though.
:mjlol: There’s been a new trend lately of gamers. Calling any sequels to a game dlc, no noteworthy improvements, or not worth the price. They did this with Ragnarok, Tears of The Kingdom, and now Spider-Man. I’m not saying you can’t have your own opinions. But people really be acting like everything. Is shytty and is a downgrade. I 100% betting on them doing the same with GTA6 lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: There’s been a new trend lately of gamers. Calling any sequels to a game dlc, no noteworthy improvements, or not worth the price. They did this with Ragnarok, Tears of The Kingdom, and now Spider-Man. I’m not saying you can’t have your own opinions. But people really be acting like everything. Is shytty and is a downgrade. I 100% betting on them doing the same with GTA6 lol.

They were saying it about GTA when the leaks came out last year (this is what they been working on????, this shyt looks like DLC, this shyt looks TRASH) literally over a game with grids and low poly models in the pictures :snoop:

A lot of people just desperately trying to recreate that mario world to mario 64 (ff6 to ff7) feeling for themselves again, and continue to get frustrated when it doesn’t happen, they can’t just enjoy the games they want it to create a whole spark in they life to make them feel like 8 years old on christmas morning

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I’m not super hype on it, i was just trying to see where you are underwhelmed. I think it will be another good 88-89 (possible 90 if the story is really good) game and thats really all i require of a spider-man game these days. I never really had the expectation this was gonna be a generation defining game.

Even before i saw the trailer it was never my most anticipated game, but I trust Insomniac to make good feeling and controlling games with a lot of heart.
I agree

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

3ei2s03zi82b1.jpg

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yep, i wouldnt be surprised if kraven is ended like halfway into the game by either pete or venom and the real boss is Norman or venom himself
I think it’s asking too much too Have him fight his two biggest villains in 1 game, I get the irony in me saying this since he literally fought the sinister 6 right out the gate in his first game, But the only one outta those 6 in this version of SM who had some emotional Stakes who are more than your typical Villain is Doc Ock, while pretty high tier and well known Scorpion, Rhino, Vulture, Mr Negative & Electro aren’t serving much more to Peter other than we’re criminals come and deal with us

Having Kraven & Lizard, along with The story of Venom, from the symbiotes attachment to Pete, to its removal, to its attachment to Eddie/Harry, with the threat it poses to Pete is more than enough for one game

To add on the only other villain that’s holds more weight to Pete as a villain than venom seems like overkill to me, by all means show more of his transformation over this game, but to have that arc dealt with in the same game seems kinda crazy, I think if there was ever going to be a wildcard it would be Carnage given the story
i think venom is the main boss, bonds to harry, and harry ends up dying a sad death like how Aunt May died in the first game