Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Brehz, im aware, spider-man was always my favorite super hero growing up until i went through my edge childhood years of stanning spawn. I’m just saying if the next spider-man teaser drops in 2026 and its “goblins here” its not gonna get the same hype that symbiote is receiving. Especially since they haven’t been really building on it the last game.

And everyone pete loves is dead already besides MJ, but maybe Pete dies in this game :jbhmm:
Goblin is a threat physically, and mentally trust Insomniac is more than capable of crafting a game around him. Best believe he'll bring in every available street thug to every super villain he can hire to come after the Spiders. Especially IF Harry doesn't make it out this game :lupe: :damn: :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What Joker is to Batman is what Goblin is to Spider-Man there's no way he won't be the main guy. They can also make Harry go nuts and become Hobgoblin to really raise the fukkery :picard:

I guess we’ll see how they wrap this game up, they said this was their empire strikes back so i guess the 3rd game would be their return of the jedi?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:I’m predicting that Insomniac is saving Green Goblin. For Spider-Man 3 since this game seems to focus more on Harry. I think they’re using the symbiote’s healing factor. To cure Harry’s illness, but ended up turning him into Venom. Harry is probably the big death in this game. And bruh is either getting clapped by Kraven. Once Harry gets the symbiote off him. Or Harry is offing himself, on some Dr.Ock Spider-Man 2 shyt. Norman is going to find out the 2 Spideys identities. And blame Harry’s death on them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:jbhmm:I’m predicting that Insomniac is saving Green Goblin. For Spider-Man 3 since this game seems to focus more on Harry. I think they’re using the symbiote’s healing factor. To cure Harry’s illness, but ended up turning him into Venom. Harry is probably the big death in this game. And bruh is either getting clapped by Kraven. Once Harry gets the symbiote off him. Or Harry is offing himself, on some Dr.Ock Spider-Man 2 shyt. Norman is going to find out the 2 Spideys identities. And blame Harry’s death on them.

Somebody is dying for sure. Insomniac are saying this game is a lot more dark than the first, and the ending of the first game is pretty dark

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For SM3, I think at least one Osborne will remain heavily involved for the emotional heart beats but I get what @Gizmo_Duck is saying. i.e. Green Goblin is by far the most important villain in Spider-Man lore... but notice Venom is who you tease in all the marketing because he's the most popular villain, to keep it a buck.

For the general public, the only thing bigger than Spidey, is Spidey and Miles, and the only thing bigger than Spidey and Miles... is Spidey, Miles, and Venom. So I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 became playable in SM3, and we all know the villain that always forces Spidey and Venom to put aside their differences to take down. I could see a rendition of that story line being incorporated.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
For SM3, I think at least one Osborne will remain heavily involved for the emotional heart beats but I get what @Gizmo_Duck is saying. i.e. Green Goblin is by far the most important villain in Spider-Man lore... but notice Venom is who you tease in all the marketing because he's the most popular villain, to keep it a buck.

For the general public, the only thing bigger than Spidey, is Spidey and Miles, and the only thing bigger than Spidey and Miles... is Spidey, Miles, and Venom. So I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 became playable in SM3, and we all know the villain that always forces Spidey and Venom to put aside their differences to take down. I could see a rendition of that story line being incorporated.
Doc Ock and Mr. Negative were the central antagonists as is Kraven and Venom. Carnage causing symbiote fukkery and Goblin bringing personal fukkery to the duo? IN:ehh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Doc Ock and Mr. Negative were the central antagonists as is Kraven and Venom. Carnage causing symbiote fukkery and Goblin bringing personal fukkery to the duo? IN:ehh:

True, but i'm sayin tho.. the first game was about playing as Spidey. That was the hype, not Mr Negative. This game, the hype is playing as Spidey and Miles with Venom as the big tease. If you were to make a 3rd game with the idea of going bigger and bigger.. i think it's obvious where they would go.

But that's my far outta there projection that may completely go 180 once we see how the plot points in this game plays out

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I have no issue with the graphics but I'm underwhelmed gameplay-wise so far. The gliding looks nice but I hope there's more than that, because that's the only really new mechanic I've seen.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
They can also make Harry go nuts and become Hobgoblin to really raise the fukkery :picard:

Yesss :blessed:

hobgoblin-marvel.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
True, but i'm sayin tho.. the first game was about playing as Spidey. That was the hype, not Mr Negative. This game, the hype is playing as Spidey and Miles with Venom as the big tease. If you were to make a 3rd game with the idea of going bigger and bigger.. i think it's obvious where they would go.

But that's my far outta there projection that may completely go 180 once we see how the plot points in this game plays out

Yeah, i feel they either gotta go the maximum carnage route or maybe even the clone saga? (Yikes)

We know spider-verse is off the table. The underlying point is they would need a bigger hook than just more villains

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have no issue with the graphics but I'm underwhelmed gameplay-wise so far. The gliding looks nice but I hope there's more than that, because that's the only really new mechanic I've seen.

Honest question, when people went from RDR to RDR2, GTA4 to GTA5, Arkham City to Arkham Knight, etc what were the big monumental changes that made those sequels good?

In this game so far, you got two different protagonist with different move sets, gliding, new combat mechanics (parrying), new gadgets and stealth, new boroughs to explore. thats what we know so far

What makes this a lesser sequel than those games?

Like, it only makes sense to me if like mad titties you didn’t like the original game and wanted them to overhaul everything about it. That doesn’t really apply to most people though.

Last edited: