Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No doubt, the excuse was an euphimism breh, he just didn't want to get caught saying " look, white people do not want to see a technological advanced African country and a strong black male lead supported by other strong black characters".
i would respect these cacs 10 fold if they actually had the nuts to say what they mean

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
i would respect these cacs 10 fold if they actually had the nuts to say what they mean

True, but other cacs would use him as a scapegoat for racism they'd be like " See, black people i'm not racist but Kevin Feige is, i don't think that way , i'm one the good white people :scheme: "

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
black man (wesley snipes) started this whole shyt. i wouldn't be surprised if black panther sold more than all of these franchises except ironman. hollywood always underestimates the power of a black superhero film.

We could LITERALLY count on one hand the number of those we've gotten. Your statement didn't even need the "always" attached it's so fukking rare....

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But everybody else (the other races) has to work shytty 9 to 5's too, and then go to movies on the weekend and see the white guy save the world, smash the sexy women and somehow outsmart the black/arab/indian/hispanic/asian man.

Sad thing about this is that a lot of these other races have film markets in their own countries. So an Asian dude over here can watch Chris Hemsworth tear up dudes in the theater, but go home and
watch Donnie Yen or Tony Jaa be gods in their own films, and everything is right again. We don't have that luxury. As African Americans, we're stuck with what Hollywood gives us.

black man (wesley snipes) started this whole shyt. i wouldn't be surprised if black panther sold more than all of these franchises except ironman. hollywood always underestimates the power of a black superhero film.

Yeah, but to be fair, Blade came out in the 90's, during a time Black films were being made left to right, and actually prospering. Things actually have been going backwards now. Another thing is Blade was filled with White people to compensate. They can't do with BP. It has to be a majority Black cast.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought the casual fans that dont read comics would see the title black panther and stereotypically think o this some 2 hour fukk a cac flick. But like others said give him some tie ins with cap and then title the film King of Wakanda or something

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but to be fair, Blade came out in the 90's, during a time Black films were being made left to right, and actually prospering. Things actually have been going backwards now. Another thing is Blade was filled with White people to compensate. They can't do with BP. It has to be a majority Black cast.

the entire movie doesn't have to take place in wakanda, and even if it did, these are just poor white supremacist excuses. i stand by my comment that if a BP movie were done correctly, it'd sell more than the majority of these marvel franchises.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Like Jazzy B said, I think Marvel's wary of touching BP for fear of mishandling it. I mean, do you keep the name, which is connected at the hip to the activist group? Do you change the appearance of Wakandans in order to make them look less tribal, and less stereotypical/offensive? Can you find a good lead who's a big enough draw? Will the general audience and the fans go along with whatever changes you eventually make, chief among them being the fact that you'll probably need to avoid calling your movie 'Black Panther' in the age of political correctness? Most importantly (to Marvel), will you be able to make a significant profit off of a film which will definitely cost a good deal of money, and is a HUGE risk.
Black Panther debuted before the party anyone with a laptop could research that

Wakandans don't dress stereotypical or tribal so it wouldn't be offensive to anyone

Of course they can find a good lead.

Black Panther has appeared in cartoon shows and shyt there is no need to change his name, its been the same for 48 years

Every single Marvel movie was a risk so I don't see why this is different

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Too bad though for Snipes he doesn't get the credit he deserves on how much he put into the first 2 Blade movies. Even before he did the roll he was pretty big star so essentially for the first movie it was his name that brought people into theaters to see it. Snipes brought his martial arts/stunt team, as well designed some of the weapons that Blade used. We can't forget how Snipes gave Blade his Bladeness. After all his hard work and dedication to the characters Hollywood/Goyer tries to screw him over. Then once Blade Tragedy flops then Snipes is the blame but not the guy that wrote the sh!tty script and directed it. He gets all the praises and moves on too bigger pay checks. While Snipes is blackballed. Hopefully he can make a comeback after this Expendables 3 role and get away from them direct dvd flicks. But we will see if Hollywood will continue to shun him.

As for BP I am definitely interested in seeing a movie done right on the character, but like some people already said probably the only way we going to see the movie made is by having a serious writer/director and take initiative to Marvel about getting the movie made. I don't think Marvel has a big urgency to make the movie. They trying to keep a movie track record of having successful movies especially being under Disney now more pressure for them to make that successful movie.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Black Panther debuted before the party anyone with a laptop could research that

Wakandans don't dress stereotypical or tribal so it wouldn't be offensive to anyone

Of course they can find a good lead.

Black Panther has appeared in cartoon shows and shyt there is no need to change his name, its been the same for 48 years

Every single Marvel movie was a risk so I don't see why this is different
I'm with you, man. I'm just speculating as to their reasons on why they haven't put one out yet.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Phase II is the absolute peak of what Marvel will achieve with this current MCU. Cap looks good, Guardians will sell enough due to the Rocket Racc00n character appealing to kids, etc.. and of course Avengers 2 will make a ton but after that Downey is probably as good as gone.. He's the major draw as Stark.

I'm thinking Ant Man is where they fukk up and oversaturate the market. Phase III has the potential to be :flabbynsick:
He's signed on to do Avengers 2 and 3 if I'm not mistaken.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll kept falling for the okie doke all these years.

Posting pics of Michael Jai White and shyt

Nikkas teasing ya'll at Comic Con

"Theres a very possible possibility that Black Panther might get made in the next 12 years:mjlol::mjpls:"

You'll learn one day...

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
First off I want to say I could care less if a BP movie gets made, but I do understand why it needs to happen..... But at the same time I am more impressed with seeing the John stewart GL being used in the JL movie because there are white GL's that are just as if not more popular............

But Blade 1&2 were successful, thats how we got to 3 anyway... What I dont get is why would they act like that didnt happen?

Blade franchise had an established star and was cheaper to produce to ensure profitability. Marvel films are currently big budget blockbusters which also need to sell off merchandise/toys and attract tie-in promoters.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
ant-man is being made cause it has edgar wright and has a unique vision for it....
I am an Edgar Wright fan but if we are being honest dude has never had a legit hit movie. His highest grossing film in this country is Scott Pilgrim vs The World and that was still a huge flop.
His highest grossing movie worldwide is Hot Fuzz and that only made $80 million. So he may have a vision but he is not a guaranteed hit maker and Ant-Man would be a hard sell even if the character had already been introduced in the Avengers movie.
So Marvel us taking a major gamble on Ant-Man text they are chock full if excuses when it comes to Black Panther.